Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Vortifex wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:34 pm As far as scores go the only ones that really stuck with me in recent years were Jóhann Jóhannsson's score for Arrival, and Zimmer's score for Interstellar.
Interesting mentions. Even though both of the films were dead boring and dumb pseudo-intellectual trash, these are indeed some of the more memorable soundtracks from recent history I would have picked out myself. Another one I can remember is score for Mandy, I think this was also by Jóhann Jóhannsson.
No signature here!

layzer wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:16 am
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:07 pm
layzer wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:28 pm ... but i dont really hear anything above and beyond what you can already do with the M1 and WS YMMV. :shrug:
yadda yadda.............
It sounds way cleaner than M1 and WS,
oh but thats why i LOVE the dirty, 8bit, subtle overdrive overtones of the M1 and WS :smack:
Best as I can remember from my regular dialogs I had with the company and my Korg reps at the time... The samples for the M1 and WaveStation mostly ranged in the 12 - 16 bit realm. There may be an 8 bit in there somewhere. But with the lowest rates being only for certain percussion sounds. Most notably cymbals. Because they believed the lower rate gave them "more sizzle". At least that was the story they were sticking to at the time.

dune_rave wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:42 pm I was thinking about korg M1 - what's the difference between the M1 sounds and the Triton sounds?
They seem quite similar to me, are there any overlapping or not?
Some of the M1 rom was definitely carried over to the Triton, though how much I can't remember.

It's written in the Korg website on the legacy page at M1 :
".... It is equipped with extensive sounds, including 33,000 preset sounds and 34 cards. .... "
tHIS 33,000 looks a bit much,
KVRAudio mentions ~3100 (https://www.kvraudio.com/product/m1-by-korg/details)
good marketing from Korg :)

Forgotten wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:44 pm
Aloysius wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:42 pm csfaoansdvdchcydenbwelkwslksndbdjfdsdgdahgrgsafdgsadfgasdgasfdg
What settings did you use to make that sound?
Oh the usual recipe.

1+2+3+9+3+1+YYZ :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Korg Support finally got back to me and confirmed that while the Triton VST has no sampling capabilities, they would forward it to the development team for consideration. Might not sound like much, but just having the Triton alone is proof that they're listening. Hopefully it will happen! ^^

Aloysius wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:46 pm
Forgotten wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:44 pm
Aloysius wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:42 pm csfaoansdvdchcydenbwelkwslksndbdjfdsdgdahgrgsafdgsadfgasdgasfdg
What settings did you use to make that sound?
Oh the usual recipe.

1+2+3+9+3+1+YYZ :)
Oh, the old Fibonacci Rush setting...

VitaminD wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:20 pm Korg seem to have two software product lines going... the full recreation vsti instruments and a series of smaller 'gadgets'.

I see one can buy the individual larger instruments, but only see a bundle for the gadgets for Windows. Can one purchase the gadget VSTs individually somewhere?
Got a response now back from Korg..
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
We will communicate your request to the development team.
However, there are no plans to sell separately at this time.

Best regards,
KORG app team

This triton plugin is a nice stuff with great sounds,
unfortunately korg released it too late -at least for me -
Having bunch of other great plugins, Triton can't give enough extras for me.
And one thing I didn't like in the plugin besides its GUI : it's not possible to modify the drum sequences, you just a select a pattern and that's all.
Anyway, I put this Triton on my "watch" list I will use next black friday.

I demoed it and I quite like what I heard. However, there are no multi-out and I couldn't see a way to import or export the user banks. This seems very limiting.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

The only limit is your imagination. This seems very limiting.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I own a Triton Extreme 61.
Love The Beast. The Russian Valve thing is Amazing and had a lot of Fun with it for a few years. It lacks The MOSS board (Unfortunately!) and at least 90% of The factory sounds aren’t for me... Now I am trying to Sell it due to the weight, I need something Smaller, like an OP-Z or a Digitakt, something fresh, with a new kind of approach in music making. But none of those two have the Incredible Sequencer the Triton has.
When I Heard about The VST I got excited. I’m using an iPad for a while and started wondering if There could Be an iOS Version in the Future. Visited Korg’s webpage and discovered that the VST doesn’t have The Pattern Sequencer/RPPR ☹️🥺... I understand one can argue that if it’s a VST, we’re already using it in a Sequencer.

But that’s Not The same for me. I Love to Launch MIDI Patterns with a keyboard... The RPPR feature is extremelly Versatile, the way we can assign a pattern (or several) to a key or various keys, we can decide if a pattern starts immediatelly or in the next bar, if it loops, if Stops on release or by pressing The same key again, etc.
This is impossible to replicate in a DAW, as far as I know... For that Reason, there’s no interest for me in buying the VST.

Why Korg, Why?
Could a Standalone Version be more accurate, Just like a real Triton with all it’s features? 🤔

Sounds like Korg registered a new "Nautilus" trademark in December, under hardware synth category.
Name sounds pretty along the line of Triton!

r s v wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:04 am
This is impossible to replicate in a DAW, as far as I know... 🤔
You can do it with a sequencer plugin like Thesys.
No signature here!

r s v wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:04 amThis is impossible to replicate in a DAW, as far as I know...
Except Ableton Live and Bitwig are EXACTLY that and much, much, much more.

Return to “Instruments”