[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

every couple of pages ill remind presonus to implement tape pitch time stretch functionality in the next update

please

bundoo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:03 pm every couple of pages ill remind presonus to implement tape pitch time stretch functionality in the next update

please
Unless you have made a request vie their Answers page and have people vote for it, it really won't make it onto their radar of priority, and even then.. the probability of what you are requesting, is akin to a stab in the dark because there are so many requests. Repeating your request in this thread every couple of pages would be futile and really ineffective besides doing nothing but unnecessarily cluttering this thread, when Presonus themselves may not even be monitoring it. Putting it on Answers will enable you to gauge the popularity of your request in a more meaningful way among others as well...so that would be a better course to take... Just be aware that it may take a year or two depending on what Presonus have planned before your request is fulfilled. Think of it like a line graph that Presonus follow... as release versions are released.

https://answers.presonus.com/questions/ ... e-requests
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

bundoo wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:03 pm every couple of pages ill remind presonus to implement tape pitch time stretch functionality in the next update

please
Isn't it possible to disable time-stretching for given track / event? Then resizing it shoud result in tape-like behaviour, i.e. if you make the event longer, the pitch should get lower (at work now, so can't verify this).
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

An audio interface and controller in one...an interesting inclusion to the Presonus line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwbv8aj ... e=youtu.be
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Cool Low Latency monitoring efficiency feature request to vote on for Studio One users-

https://answers.presonus.com/47939/use- ... monitoring

It probably wouldn’t get done quickly but it would be nice to register some desire for this in their system so they could make it better next time they work on audio engine performance.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:33 pm An audio interface and controller in one...an interesting inclusion to the Presonus line.
It's just a faderport v1.0 + audio interface - with previous/next track kind of approach which does not do much improve workflow. You constantly are sent into hidden tracks/channels and track folders etc, and must syncronize console mixer with arrange view to even start having it assist you.

Faderport 8 or 16 channels is a different story - cool stuff.

I think these general controllers, Shuttle Express, for sending key commands are much more useful at a starter price tag $50:
https://contour-design.co.uk/products/m ... tlexpress/

And sense which program you are running with individual settings so useful to many applications.

lfm wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:05 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:33 pm An audio interface and controller in one...an interesting inclusion to the Presonus line.
It's just a faderport v1.0 + audio interface - with previous/next track kind of approach which does not do much improve workflow. You constantly are sent into hidden tracks/channels and track folders etc, and must syncronize console mixer with arrange view to even start having it assist you.

Faderport 8 or 16 channels is a different story - cool stuff.

I think these general controllers, Shuttle Express, for sending key commands are much more useful at a starter price tag $50:
https://contour-design.co.uk/products/m ... tlexpress/

And sense which program you are running with individual settings so useful to many applications.
A Faderport 8 or 16 version of that with the Quantum audio interface bolted on would be glorious.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Page 1: Presonus Studio One 4.6.1 update notes added.

I wish Presonus would just add a feature request section to their forums. Most folks frequent the forums. I just found out about the Questions & Answers "page", by searching google. And it just adds an extra step to suggest or support feature requests.

I either added or voted up the following:
-Effect/send slots so that I can have all my EQs, for example, in slot #2 even with some channels having nothing in slot #1
-Logic's folder stacks that add a VCA-like fader to the folder contents
-More colors for tracks/channels, and a color wheel order to the options
-Better track/channel color differentiation

None of which seemed to be getting enough support for consideration. Something like color options and organization should be an easy add, not requiring everyone to vote on it. I only have experience with Pro Tools & Logic, but both had effect & send slots. Why would a DAW not provide that type of organization? Something else small enough not to gather support.

Great features! I wouldn't go back to Logic or Pro Tools aside from an emergency. But like others have said, they all seem to lack something.
The groove baby, the groove...

BezO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 pm
You can make a folder track a vca or summing track in Studio One. Is that what you mean?

BezO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 pm I wish Presonus would just add a feature request section to their forums. Most folks frequent the forums. I just found out about the Questions & Answers "page", by searching google. And it just adds an extra step to suggest or support feature requests.

I either added or voted up the following:
-Effect/send slots so that I can have all my EQs, for example, in slot #2 even with some channels having nothing in slot #1
-More colors for tracks/channels, and a color wheel order to the options
-Better track/channel color differentiation

None of which seemed to be getting enough support for consideration. Something like color options and organization should be an easy add, not requiring everyone to vote on it. I only have experience with Pro Tools & Logic, but both had effect & send slots. Why would a DAW not provide that type of organization? Something else small enough not to gather support.

Great features! I wouldn't go back to Logic or Pro Tools aside from an emergency. But like others have said, they all seem to lack something.
They can't do everything at once. It stands out because of its workflow. They are doing things the right way.

Has Presonus alluded to a new better browser anytime soon? Better support for drag n drop to third party instruments is sorely needed..

tagging would be welcome as well.. tuning samples by pitch in the browser would be amazing
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

BezO wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 pm -More colors for tracks/channels, and a color wheel order to the options
This. You should be able to create your own custom color palette.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

trusampler wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:29 pm Has Presonus alluded to a new better browser anytime soon? Better support for drag n drop to third party instruments is sorely needed..

tagging would be welcome as well.. tuning samples by pitch in the browser would be amazing
They don’t really signpost where they’re headed development-wise. Sometimes it’s a pleasant surprise and sometimes you end up with thoroughly-designed features that sort of miss the users’ mark in their first incarnation, like Patterns or the Channel Editor Macro system. Probably still preferable to REAPER’s messy design-by-committee approach.

They just added new views and tab systems to the browser. Tagging and stuff like that would be welcome. Even just making the tag system from soundsets available without the circuitous process of making a soundset.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”