codec_spurt
KVRAF
4045 posts since 21 Sep, 2005

Post Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:17 pm

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:38 am
codec_spurt wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:21 pm
I'll post the Expander and ReaGate templates for Studio One in the next few days.

So... Anyway...
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7pmrj79fh ... R.zip/file
Looking at this from a general user of this thread, I think most people just need a short simple paragraph of what this does, how to use it and a reason why one would find it useful. For your own reference it's fine as you know what your talking about, but you can lose people with an over abundance of information which may go over the general users head, and may be too convoluted or seemingly complex. Creating a short narrated video and explaining what it does would be another option to consider.. :wink:

Looking at this from a general user of this thread, I think most people just need a short simple paragraph of what this does, how to use it and a reason why one would find it useful.

I provided that. I also expounded on it too. Several times. Just in case anyone missed it.

For your own reference it's fine as you know what your talking about, but you can lose people with an over abundance of information which may go over the general users head, and may be too convoluted or seemingly complex.

f**king LOL!

Creating a short narrated video and explaining what it does would be another option to consider.. :wink:

Oh my aching sides! :cry:

Sorry Massa!

You kind of missed the point. But thank you for edumacating me on the current state of play of digital media distribution! I have been well and truly schooled.

Now, would Sir like cream or milk in his tea when I've finished shining his boots?

Where would this dumb digital world be without you INTRANCER, without YOU, the Grand Messiah to boil it all down for the masses? Educating the minions. Educating the educators, so they can educate the minions...

Sometimes I wonder why the holy f**k I post on KVR and share my shit. Then you, remind me why I take the time out of my day.

One more time:

Care to drop a video on that buddy?

I thought not!

One last time.

Nobody cares.

In the rare event that anyone does care, they have all they need, and if they don't they can ask questions.
  • All the information needed has been condensed down.
  • Anyone interested in playing has all the information they need.
  • If they run in to a problem they can ask questions.

INTRANCER.

Seriously, just download the template if you are slightly curious. It really is very simple. That is why I spent days out of my life, so you don't have to. If you still don't get it or run in to a problem, then just ask...

bundoo
KVRist
241 posts since 9 Jun, 2005

Re: [Presonus Studio One] Latest Version: 4.6.0 -| 2019 - 12 - 10 |

Post Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:03 am

every couple of pages ill remind presonus to implement tape pitch time stretch functionality in the next update

please

THE INTRANCER
KVRian
1353 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:43 am

bundoo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:03 am
every couple of pages ill remind presonus to implement tape pitch time stretch functionality in the next update

please
Unless you have made a request vie their Answers page and have people vote for it, it really won't make it onto their radar of priority, and even then.. the probability of what you are requesting, is akin to a stab in the dark because there are so many requests. Repeating your request in this thread every couple of pages would be futile and really ineffective besides doing nothing but unnecessarily cluttering this thread, when Presonus themselves may not even be monitoring it. Putting it on Answers will enable you to gauge the popularity of your request in a more meaningful way among others as well...so that would be a better course to take... Just be aware that it may take a year or two depending on what Presonus have planned before your request is fulfilled. Think of it like a line graph that Presonus follow... as release versions are released.

https://answers.presonus.com/questions/ ... e-requests
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect

antic604
KVRAF
3697 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:48 am

bundoo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:03 am

please
Isn't it possible to disable time-stretching for given track / event? Then resizing it shoud result in tape-like behaviour, i.e. if you make the event longer, the pitch should get lower (at work now, so can't verify this).
Bitwig 3 // Reason 11 // Studio One 4 Pro @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

THE INTRANCER
KVRian

Post Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:33 am

An audio interface and controller in one...an interesting inclusion to the Presonus line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwbv8aj ... e=youtu.be
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect

oneway
KVRist
131 posts since 11 Dec, 2017

Post Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:00 pm

Cool Low Latency monitoring efficiency feature request to vote on for Studio One users-

https://answers.presonus.com/47939/use- ... monitoring

It probably wouldn’t get done quickly but it would be nice to register some desire for this in their system so they could make it better next time they work on audio engine performance.

lfm
KVRAF
5211 posts since 22 Jan, 2005 from Sweden

Post Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:05 pm

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:33 am
An audio interface and controller in one...an interesting inclusion to the Presonus line.
It's just a faderport v1.0 + audio interface - with previous/next track kind of approach which does not do much improve workflow. You constantly are sent into hidden tracks/channels and track folders etc, and must syncronize console mixer with arrange view to even start having it assist you.

Faderport 8 or 16 channels is a different story - cool stuff.

I think these general controllers, Shuttle Express, for sending key commands are much more useful at a starter price tag $50:
https://contour-design.co.uk/products/m ... tlexpress/

And sense which program you are running with individual settings so useful to many applications.

apoclypse
KVRist
155 posts since 17 Oct, 2018

Post Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:34 am

lfm wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:05 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:33 am
It's just a faderport v1.0 + audio interface - with previous/next track kind of approach which does not do much improve workflow. You constantly are sent into hidden tracks/channels and track folders etc, and must syncronize console mixer with arrange view to even start having it assist you.

Faderport 8 or 16 channels is a different story - cool stuff.

I think these general controllers, Shuttle Express, for sending key commands are much more useful at a starter price tag $50:
https://contour-design.co.uk/products/m ... tlexpress/

And sense which program you are running with individual settings so useful to many applications.
A Faderport 8 or 16 version of that with the Quantum audio interface bolted on would be glorious.
Studio One 4.6 // Bitwig 3.0.3 // Logic Pro X 10.4.8 // Ableton 9 // Reason 9.5 // Maschine

THE INTRANCER
KVRian

Re: [Presonus Studio One] Latest Version: 4.6.1 -| 2020 - 01 - 21 |

Post Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:42 pm

Page 1: Presonus Studio One 4.6.1 update notes added.

BezO
KVRist
247 posts since 19 Jul, 2005

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:12 pm

I wish Presonus would just add a feature request section to their forums. Most folks frequent the forums. I just found out about the Questions & Answers "page", by searching google. And it just adds an extra step to suggest or support feature requests.

I either added or voted up the following:
-Effect/send slots so that I can have all my EQs, for example, in slot #2 even with some channels having nothing in slot #1
-Logic's folder stacks that add a VCA-like fader to the folder contents
-More colors for tracks/channels, and a color wheel order to the options
-Better track/channel color differentiation

None of which seemed to be getting enough support for consideration. Something like color options and organization should be an easy add, not requiring everyone to vote on it. I only have experience with Pro Tools & Logic, but both had effect & send slots. Why would a DAW not provide that type of organization? Something else small enough not to gather support.

Great features! I wouldn't go back to Logic or Pro Tools aside from an emergency. But like others have said, they all seem to lack something.
The groove baby, the groove...

andypryce
KVRist
226 posts since 2 Nov, 2014

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:01 pm

BezO wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:12 pm

You can make a folder track a vca or summing track in Studio One. Is that what you mean?

beatmangler443
KVRist
419 posts since 11 Jun, 2013

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:38 pm

BezO wrote:
I wish Presonus would just add a feature request section to their forums. Most folks frequent the forums. I just found out about the Questions & Answers "page", by searching google. And it just adds an extra step to suggest or support feature requests.

I either added or voted up the following:
-Effect/send slots so that I can have all my EQs, for example, in slot #2 even with some channels having nothing in slot #1
-Better track/channel color differentiation

None of which seemed to be getting enough support for consideration. Something like color options and organization should be an easy add, not requiring everyone to vote on it. I only have experience with Pro Tools & Logic, but both had effect & send slots. Why would a DAW not provide that type of organization? Something else small enough not to gather support.

Great features! I wouldn't go back to Logic or Pro Tools aside from an emergency. But like others have said, they all seem to lack something.
They can't do everything at once. It stands out because of its workflow. They are doing things the right way.

trusampler
KVRian
964 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:29 pm

Has Presonus alluded to a new better browser anytime soon? Better support for drag n drop to third party instruments is sorely needed..

tagging would be welcome as well.. tuning samples by pitch in the browser would be amazing
Cpu: Win10/2015 Mac Pro i7@4.3ghz/SSDs
Tools: Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8/Heritage Audio R.A.M.2000/API Lunchbox 6/Dyn Audio Bm5a MK2+Adam Audio
Akai MPC Touch/Maschine Studio/Korg Wavestate/ Komplete Kontrol MK2/Samples/Vst

jamcat
KVRist
46 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:05 pm

BezO wrote:
This. You should be able to create your own custom color palette.

oneway
KVRist
131 posts since 11 Dec, 2017

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:38 pm

trusampler wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:29 pm
Has Presonus alluded to a new better browser anytime soon? Better support for drag n drop to third party instruments is sorely needed..

tagging would be welcome as well.. tuning samples by pitch in the browser would be amazing
They don’t really signpost where they’re headed development-wise. Sometimes it’s a pleasant surprise and sometimes you end up with thoroughly-designed features that sort of miss the users’ mark in their first incarnation, like Patterns or the Channel Editor Macro system. Probably still preferable to REAPER’s messy design-by-committee approach.

They just added new views and tab systems to the browser. Tagging and stuff like that would be welcome. Even just making the tag system from soundsets available without the circuitous process of making a soundset.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”