DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Can you please post the full exception, you can find it in the script console.
Below the full crash log. Maybe it was caused by the recent new firmware update of the MK3. Thanks!

Called init()
Running.
Firmware version: 371
java.lang.NullPointerException
at de.mossgrabers.controller.slmkiii.mode.track.AbstractTrackMode.onButton(AbstractTrackMode.java:148)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.command.trigger.mode.ButtonRowModeCommand.execute(ButtonRowModeCommand.java:51)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.hardware.AbstractHwButton.handleButtonRelease(AbstractHwButton.java:74)
at com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.proxy.BitwigStudioHost.lambda$createAction$5(SourceFile:1277)
at com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.proxy.CustomAction.lambda$invokedByHardwareAction$0(SourceFile:41)
at BJg.WlB(SourceFile:94)
at BJg.jrk(SourceFile:90)
at Ico.ETV(SourceFile:128)
at usu.Zue(SourceFile:76)
at vej.rwQ(SourceFile:248)
at uDP.WlB(SourceFile:329)
at MiO.ETV(SourceFile:213)
at yw1.run(SourceFile:91)
at MiO.run(SourceFile:102)

Called init()
Running.
at de.mossgrabers.controller.slmkiii.mode.track.AbstractTrackMode.onButton(AbstractTrackMode.java:148)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.command.trigger.mode.ButtonRowModeCommand.execute(ButtonRowModeCommand.java:51)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.hardware.AbstractHwButton.handleButtonRelease(AbstractHwButton.java:74)
at com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.proxy.BitwigStudioHost.lambda$createAction$5(SourceFile:1277)
at com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.proxy.CustomAction.lambda$invokedByHardwareAction$0(SourceFile:41)
at BJg.WlB(SourceFile:94)
at BJg.jrk(SourceFile:90)
at Ico.ETV(SourceFile:128)
at usu.Zue(SourceFile:76)
at vej.rwQ(SourceFile:248)
at uDP.WlB(SourceFile:329)
at MiO.ETV(SourceFile:213)
at yw1.run(SourceFile:91)
at MiO.run(SourceFile:102)

Hi moss,
first, thanks for putting in long press for note properties in the drumsequencer. Works great! I've put an expression mudulator in my default sampler with timbre assigned to pitch and I'm using gain instead of velocity to play with the notes volume so I have velocity free to be assigned to something else. It's just awesome and makes the drumsequencer so much more flexible.
I've a couple requests to make it even more flexible to work with.
- I have autoselect on in settings. When you're tweaking parameters of a pad's sampler and select another pad it will switch to the view with volume and sends.
Is it possible, in a future update, to make it stay inside the device editing when changing pad?
- Is there a way to copy/paste notes? If not, can you implement it?

And the repeat/arpeggiator. I just love what you've done there.

Thanks!

Moss,

Great work on the continued updates!

I spent some time tonight hacking on your script for the Launchpad X. I’ve been brainstorming, trying to figure out how I’d use what you’ve created (or modify it) to do live looping. I know you already responded to my original post, but thought I’d continue on my own while awaiting your expertise.

I think what I’m looking for is just a scene duplication button. I tried adding a button to duplicate a scene based on the push script, but not sure how to get the current scene.

Any thoughts? Would be happy to work on this with you. Getting a dev environment up was easy enough.. Still learning the api though.

Hi there...
Has anybody clues about Linux compatibility with Novation SL MKIII (49/61) and Bitwig 3.1.1 ?
I've ordered one I will receive it on next monday.
I had to make a quick decision so I didn't wait for any response, given that I didn't find any disclaimer about Linux compatibility.
Hope it will go fair... :-D
Thanks a lot for your precious work, Moss.
Fabrizio

fsciarra62
I have no problems with SL MK II 49 in Linux (and couple of other MIDI devices). So, MK III mostly sure will work too.

Mmmmm.. MkIII has those little screens...
I didn't notice the MkII had that many real controls! Sht.... I would have bought that, instead...
Mmmmm.... Are you able to use it live? I mean, control VST while really playing live?
Does it have zones? can zones enabled, disabled while playing (without menu diving or mouse or anything you cannot really do while playing?)
Thanks for all info!
Fabrizio

Sorry (I'm not so good in that), if you tell me how to play with zones - I'll test it.
You can assign any control to any plugin's parameter.

I have the MK3. Working excellent with Bitwig and the Script (Except a new bug that I reported above). You can control plugins macros on the screens, Track selection, volume etc, drums, step sequencer and also use the MK3 onboard sequencer, scales etc.
I did also buy a Launchpad mini MK3 for the additional/more advanced drum sequencer. I would say the combination of both is great for use with Bitwig.

I thank you so much for your support...
I really hope it will work as supposed.
I had an awful experience with Nektar P6 but I fear due to damaged items.
I've bought a P6 from Amazon then, while trying it with Pianoteq6, I noticed that quite randomly some notes were played as they were stroked max intensity!
Contacted support, done everything but no way I can use it on stage.
So I asked for a replacement, and... sdeng! the replacement was worst! It had the 3rd octave B key that when pressed made the subsequent key play like a trill... unusable...
I've asked for a full refund... I can't believe it's a fault of Nektar... but I cannot afford to try another.
Hope it will go better with this, expecially the CV part. Does any of you have experience with that?
Is the Bitwig driver able to interface with the hardware part? (just puzzling)
Fabrizio

moss wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:26 pm Version 8.60 is online!
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Long press notes in Drum, Drum 4 and Drum 8 Sequencers to edit it.
Thank you for all your hard work! This is Awesome. Does this mean it's also possible to alter the Note Start position in the Drum Sequencer?

moss wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:26 pm
[*]User banks are broken since 3.1 (they do not work with the new hardware API).
Oh that's very annoying as it means I'll probably have to buy the update just to get this functionality back, assuming they do fix it at some point. Is there a way to at least bind bank changes to a keyboard shortcut?

daw.one wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:51 pm Thank you for all your hard work! This is Awesome. Does this mean it's also possible to alter the Note Start position in the Drum Sequencer?
Not at the moment. This is still missing from the api, I guess.
Everyone who's interested in this could file a feature request to support, so maybe it will be implemented earlier.

hexfarmer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:42 pm
moss wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:23 am Download Version 7.60 from my homepage, which supports all Bitwig versions from 2.4 upwards.
Hi Moss, I did as you suggested, I installed 7.60 and almost everything is good
(beatstep + bitwig 3.02)
- big knob moves time cursor
- pads are working
- *some of the knobs are working as well

however I am unable to change modes.
for example I am trying to get into the "play" mode and so I hold shift while pressing the third-from left top pad but nothing happens.
no matter what, (for example) the far-right bottom knob is always adjusting crossfade no matter how many times I try to change the mode.

Perhaps the 7.60 version has different controls? I am only able to find one set of instructions for beatstep so Im not sure if it applies to all versions or only to the newest one.

please advise and thanks again!
Load the respective template from the folder resources/Beatstep into the device by using Arturias Midi Control Center.

djpremacy wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:29 pm
Can you please post the full exception, you can find it in the script console.
Below the full crash log. Maybe it was caused by the recent new firmware update of the MK3. Thanks!

Called init()
Running.
Thanks, got it. Will be fixed in the next update.

Return to “Controller Scripting”