Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

getdunne wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:19 am
whannel wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:47 pm Is anyone able to list the included free VSTs...

For me I'd love to see some kind of multiband and m/s mixing options if they are easy to include in the regular version.
There is a list on the home page of the online manual: http://pluginguru.net/unify/manual, with links to the official pages for all the free ones. I haven't written the descriptions of the built-in ones yet (sorry--crazy busy as the response has been overwhelming), but they're coming.
-shane
Here is the list:

Instruments

Sine Wave Synth (built-in) plays simple sine tones for testing
Guru Sampler (built-in) our flagship sampler instrument
Dexed open-source emulation of Yamaha's classic DX7 FM synthesizer
Digits open-source phase-distortion synth similar to Casio's CZ-series
mda DX10 basic 2-operator FM synth with very low CPU usage
mda JX10 2-oscillator analog subtractive style synth, also very easy on CPU
OB-Xd open-source subtractive analog-style synth, emulates Oberheim OB-Xa
PG-8X Roland JX-8p emulator
MIDI Effects
MIDI Filter (built-in) emulates MIDI sustain pedal for plug-ins that ignore MIDI CC#64
RipChord Player (built-in) turns single key-presses into chords
BlueARP sophisticated MIDI arpeggiator
Delay
Omega Delay (built-in) creative stereo delay with integrated distortion and chorus
mda Delay basic stereo delay
mda DubDelay creative delay with feedback saturation and time/pitch modulation
Distortion
NoizBox (built-in) creative distortion effect
mda Bandisto multi-band distortion
mda Degrade sample-rate reducer
mda Overdrive warm tube-type distortion
Dynamics control
Enforcer (built-in) stereo compressor
Pump House (built-in) adds tempo-locked pulsation to any sound
LoudMAX “brick-wall” limiter
mda Dynamics compressor/limiter/gate
mda Envelope envelope follower / VCA
mda Limiter optoelectronic-style limiter
mda MultiBand multi-band compressor
mda Splitter frequency/level crossover
Equalization and Filtering
Restrictor (built-in) precision band-limiting filter
FilterMax (built-in) single-channel, multi-mode filter
FlexEQ (built-in) parametric EQ with high and low shelving filters plus two peaking filters
mda Loudness equal loudness contours for bass EQ and mix correction
mda RezFilter resonant filter with LFO and envelope follower
Modulation
Silky Chorus (built-in) beautiful clean stereo chorus
PhaseMod (built-in) stereo phaser
FlangeMod (built-in) stereo flanger
mda Detune simple up-down pitch-shifting thickener
mda Image stereo image adjustment and mid-side matrix
mda Leslie rotary speaker simulator
mda RingMod simple ring modulator
mda RoundPan 3D auto-panner
mda Stereo Haas-delay and comb-filtering stereo simulator
mda SubSynth multi-mode sub-bass enhancer
mda ThruZero thru-zero flanger
mda Transient transient shaper
mda Tracker pitch-tracking oscillator/EQ
mda Vocoder 8/16-band vocoder
Reverberation and Ambience
WaterVerb (built-in) yields a swirling, “underwater” sound
HallVerb (built-in) basic hall reverb with Freeze button
EmVerb (built-in) high-quality hall reverb with early reflections
ZenVerb (built-in) high-quality hall reverb with independent low- and high-frequency timing
mda Ambience room-ambience effect
KlangFalter open-source convolution reverb

kgdrum wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:47 pm Apologies if I missed it in a previous post,when does the intro pricing period end?
Thanks
Feb 15, 2020 is what I have seen.

whannel wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:47 pm Sounds pretty interesting from watching most of the user manual vids so far, even as a Patcher fan. Is anyone able to list the included free VSTs, share a screenshot, or if were they're in a livestream and there's a timestamped YouTube link please? (EDIT: just got to the end of video 4/5, these are coming in 5/5)

The free ones and the player version (if free) should have the potential to become extremely popular I'd think, been seeing many more producers now coming from countries where audio software must be very expensive due to global economic setups.

For me I'd love to see some kind of multiband and m/s mixing options if they are easy to include in the regular version.
I listed them in a post above...

dionenoid wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:38 am Okay, i just read the part of the manual about plug-ins that don't work with Unify (yet).
When i see that list it seems there is a problem with iLok stuff (AIR, Softube, Falcon). Can anyone confirm this, specifically for Win7 ? Also i see that Sylenth1 doesn't work ? That would be a bummer...
The iLOK stuff works fine for me. Tested all my AIR plugins and Falcon. They are fine. I am on PC using Ableton and FLS. Maybe it is a Mac thing?

Users' experience with plug-ins seems to vary tremendously. Some are reporting that many are not working for them; others say they're using the very same plug-ins with no problems. It seems there are some differences among e.g. computer systems that we haven't yet figured out. It's frustrating of course, but we appreciate everyone's patience and feedback. As we gain experience, Unify will gradually get better and more compatible; we just can't predict an exact time line.
-shane

Sylenth works for me on Win10. For me the scanner was/is the issue for some plugins so I just dragged and dropped the dll plugin files into Unify. Problem solved.

kgdrum wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:47 pm Apologies if I missed it in a previous post,when does the intro pricing period end?
Thanks
Our plan is for Feb 15, but if it turns out to take us longer than expected to deal with certain major issues (like MacOS Catalina compatibility for example) we'll extend the intro period a bit. We want to be fair to everyone.

getdunne wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:24 am
Thanks
Our plan is for Feb 15, but if it turns out to take us longer than expected to deal with certain major issues (like MacOS Catalina compatibility for example) we'll extend the intro period a bit. We want to be fair to everyone.
John and Shane are simply awesome. Many thanks and continued success with Unify!

getdunne wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:20 am
simmo75 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:09 pm Does anyone know what the license policy is, for example do they allow license transfers?
I can’t see it on there website.
PlugInGuru is still a small enough company that we don't have to have hard-and-fast policies. Contact Skippy directly (admin@pluginguru.com), let him know what's concerning you, and he'll work it out.
-shane
Thanks for your reply Shane. Looking forward to the Catalina version :)

Very excited about the potential of this plugin and happy early adopter.

Is there an option for LFO modulation of parameters? And is there a modulation
matrix? I cannot find either...

one more question if anyone knows: the ripchord plugin although designated
"internal" does not seem to be installed and points to the website where
one should get it? what is the deal?

tony10000 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:34 am
Thanks
Feb 15, 2020 is what I have seen.
Great! Thanks 😜
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

One of my favorite effects, for virtually every patch, is to have the LFO fade in at a user definable point in time. Like, play a note (or chord) with no audible LFO, and then the LFO fades in after about 3 seconds and holds (with no touching of mod wheel). Is there a way to set this up in Unify? If so, how can I do this? Thanks!

Thanks for the user manual link and list, nice and detailed, I don't think I have any of those so it should be an interesting package.

Looks like plenty of users are getting involved already so hopefully a thriving preset creating community evolves, guess it will need some category filters to quickly see required VSTs like 'Free bundled', 'Free online' 'Free CM plugs'' 'Free DAW X edition' etc then using paid plugins searching on what we each own when being specific. For presets utilising plugins we don't yet own I guess we'll be able to swap in things we do own and play around more to explore - might need some preset MP3 examples to help us get closer to the originals. (IK recently replied to me when AmpliTube was giving me missing ownership popups - said if not owned it auto uses something close, not sure how feasible that kinda thing could be here).

Hope you can still offer up to 8 macros for the player version, like SynthMaster's I'm sure does to encourage users still to have some control, as chosen by preset creators. SM's online preset handling in it's CM version stood out as something pretty cool all from within it's browser, might be something that could be implemented here making sharing straightforward, should work as a marketplace for paid packs too.
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

cfanyc wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:45 am Very excited about the potential of this plugin and happy early adopter.

Is there an option for LFO modulation of parameters? And is there a modulation
matrix? I cannot find either...
Neither of these features are in Unify 1.0, but are on our to-do list!
-shane

Return to “Instruments”