ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

commodore wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:31 pm
trusampler wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm For those looking to add layers under one Vsti roof, check out Skippy's new Workhorse about to be released on Monday! Plugin Guru Unify :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv8Cyn27MTU

This will eliminate the need for needing anymore dev's for adding nice things like layers to our beloved synths, this is going to be amazing.
Interesting..
I’m curious what this does differently that FL Studios Layer shell. This certainly looks like it has some options to play with. Wasn’t there something with nexus, that if you play multiple instances at the same time, the start times are off?
No offence but if you really would be using fl layers you would notice the difference within the 1st second :-D its entirely different thing just by glance of it.
Last edited by Elektronisch on Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

too expensive

Any luck on Windows7? Thats on my audio pc and will stay there..
Finally!

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:37 pm I'm genuinely curious what proportion of users ever saved their own presets. It never even crossed my mind.
The real question is, how many did so using one of those very old versions that did still encrypt presets with eLicenser? Because only those presets are affected.
mladi wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:06 pmWell, if you ask reFX only users with illegal version it seems. :D
The thing is, only those didn't have the option to resave their presets with a newer (still very old) version that wouldn't encrypt presets.
trusampler wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:20 amuse some material in their TV movie and game expansion, which just recently was stripped out of nexus and then quickly replaced as well!?!
This wasn't "just recently" but actually quite a while ago (2018 maybe).

This demo from 2018 already features the often quoted "Crazy Alex" preset (timestamp 3:23): https://youtu.be/yO_6sdcCTFc?t=203

I don't think this was in the FAQ when it was released.
2.11 Can I load third-party Nexus2 expansions in NEXUS3?
The long answer requires some background information:

Those third-party presets are presets taken from official Nexus2 expansions, tweaked a little, and then saved using a very old version of Nexus2. Said old Nexus2 version used the dongle to encrypt the presets.

The way presets are saved was updated in Nexus 2.3.0 (released almost ten years ago) and we updated all official Nexus content accordingly. Unfortunately, the creators of those third-party presets did not.
[...]
We are looking into possible solutions and hope to make older third-party presets available in Nexus3.
In the meantime, there is a workaround:
[...]
At least they don't say "CUSTOM PRESETS = BAD AND ILLEGAL" anymore.

I hope they know some of their own stuff (from TV Movie Game) seem to have the same issue.
rsp

For instance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

How's the beta testing going?

zvenx wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:33 pm I hope they know some of their own stuff (from TV Movie Game) seem to have the same issue.
rsp

For instance
That preset is loading fine here. Are your expansions up-to-date?

Reefius wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:26 am
zvenx wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:33 pm I hope they know some of their own stuff (from TV Movie Game) seem to have the same issue.
rsp

For instance
That preset is loading fine here. Are your expansions up-to-date?
According to the cloud it is.
There are quite a few of them doing that for me in that expansion.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zvenx on Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
sound sculptist

double post. sorry
rsp
sound sculptist

There were some issues with that expansion, it used to have 86 presets but now it's down to 44, and some of them sound completely different than before.
I fixed the issues by deleting my Nexus Content folder and let reFX Cloud download everything again. For some reason it doesn't update some old expansions properly so it's better to re-install them from scratch.

Reefius wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:53 pm There were some issues with that expansion, it used to have 86 presets but now it's down to 44, and some of them sound completely different than before.
I fixed the issues by deleting my Nexus Content folder and let reFX Cloud download everything again. For some reason it doesn't update some old expansions properly so it's better to re-install them from scratch.
Ah hah.
I just sent a ticket.
I am just afraid that it will delete my favourites that I started to redo a few days ago.

Yeah mine still has 86 presets.
I am surprised if this was one of the problem patches that it remains in your 44.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:03 pm
Reefius wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:53 pm There were some issues with that expansion, it used to have 86 presets but now it's down to 44, and some of them sound completely different than before.
Ah hah.
I just sent a ticket.
I am just afraid that it will delete my favourites that I started to redo a few days ago.

Yeah mine still has 86 presets.
I am surprised if this was one of the problem patches that it remains in your 44.
rsp
I've got the same issue, please come back and let us know what support say. I'm assuming you get the same issue with knight lead and knight rider lead (in the leads folder)?

Got to say, the super easy brilliant cloud updater hasn't been so super easy or brilliant.

Knight rider leader does not load, Knight lead is fine here.
I am going to uninstall TV games and reinstall it.
rsp
edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled it.
Shows same 86 with the same issue.
rsp
sound sculptist

Yeah, uninstalling only removes the 44 presets that are currently available in the expansion, so it doesn't work.
You could delete the folders for the TV Movie Game expansion under your Nexus Content folder, there's one in Presets and another one in Samples (with a shortened name: xpTV). After that just let reFX Cloud re-install the expansion.

reFX keeps insisting no presets were removed, only renamed. But I don't think you can go from 86 to 44 presets by just renaming them.

Return to “Instruments”