TAL Mod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Mod The Shining Stars Soundset

A very comprehensive old school step-sequencer (to stay in his same spirit) is something that Patrick could add to his catalog. I bet that it would be an awesome tool.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Nah , let him do what he does best , making stunning emulations .
Besides , for all your step sequencer duties ( and beyond ) , check out loomer architect .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:42 pm Nah , let him do what he does best , making stunning emulations .
Besides , for all your step sequencer duties ( and beyond ) , check out loomer architect .
Is this an emulation of anything? I thought it was a new creation. Anyway, I have other synths with mod sequencers, but the more, the merrier, I always say. This one seemed like a good candidate for that feature.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:55 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:42 pm Nah , let him do what he does best , making stunning emulations .
Is this an emulation of anything? I thought it was a new creation. Anyway, I have other synths with mod sequencers, but the more, the merrier, I always say. This one seemed like a good candidate for that feature.
It's a new creation and not a specific emulation. It's more complex, and powerful, than the other Tal synths, while staying relatively easy to handle and program. And it sounds good.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Yeah, no specific emulation. Just like all of TAL's stuff, it seems to be a Roland inspired sound, though. ;)

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:51 am Yeah, no specific emulation. Just like all of TAL's stuff, it seems to be a Roland inspired sound, though. ;)
What makes you say that?

TAL-Noisemaker and their older synths also have that typical Juno-60/Roand-ish sound. I didn't compare the synths now, but, TAL-Mod also seemed to have that kind of sound. Maybe i'm wrong, IDK.

Lotuzia wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:49 am
It's a new creation and not a specific emulation. It's more complex, and powerful, than the other Tal synths, while staying relatively easy to handle and program. And it sounds good.
You're being modest here, it sounds amazing! It's really above almost all the competition, imho.

Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:55 am
Lotuzia wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:49 am
You're being modest here, it sounds amazing! It's really above almost all the competition, imho.
Agreed. Can’t believe it doesn’t get more hype.

Have to agree on this, it is a great sounding synthesizer. Especially the lowend is amazing!
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

solidtrax wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:11 pm Have to agree on this, it is a great sounding synthesizer. Especially the lowend is amazing!
Yes! Also easy to create wide AND deep bass using OSC 1 & 2 for width, and OSC 3 for centered sub.

Dual filters with crossover, global high pass and 1 band eq can be very powerful, especially considering the fully featured OSCs.

hivkorn wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:08 am sound demo ?....
You probably already had your time with TAL-MOD or did listen to a demo, but this one is the one we made for the release back then:

https://soundcloud.com/solidtrax/solidt ... -delusions
Website

perpetual3 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:18 pm
Yes! Also easy to create wide AND deep bass using OSC 1 & 2 for width, and OSC 3 for centered sub.

Dual filters with crossover, global high pass and 1 band eq can be very powerful, especially considering the fully featured OSCs.
Indeed, it is a powerhouse and a great workhorse. Of course there are some things that can be better, but every synth has its niggles. F.e. we asked to make the lpf and hpf's of the effects display Hz instead of numbers at version 1.00, but somehow the number readout is back.
Website

Very impressed by the sound quality. FM + sync + bp filter makes some wicked psytrance leads which remind me on classic Nordlead sounds (I never owned a Nord but I more or less have an idea of its sound from various records and Youtube demos).

Overall, very impressive sounding synth.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Does this synth also suffer from the timing issues (dotted etc.) of the U-NO-LX?

Meanwhile I have been playing around with some of the factory presets, that synth sounds really great, one of the best soft synths I have ever heard. Clearly better than Diva in my view. But it comes at a price, the CPU load is very high with some patches :o

Return to “Instruments”