Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

profaudio wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:35 am$149 isn't even an on sale price, I believe?!

It's on sale ("Special Price") with $100 off for newcomers to buy the full bundle, or $50 off the indivdual.

Disapointingly, no similar "Special" sale price for LOYAL CUSTOMERS tho? Not "Special" enough?

I agree, price should have been $99 (with a "special" limited introductory $50 off price), IMO. No rush, it will be $150 forever to upgrade, until there's a another 50% off deal...
You're right, there's no crossed out retail price - so I guess it's safe to assume that 149$ is going to be the default upgrade price.

So waiting for a sale it is.

I have to mention that it' just great that there is a playable demo as well as a reliable, helpful application manager for updates that even offers an uninstall option (do you see this, NI and basically every other plugin vendor?). Well done, Korg!

The web shop, on the other hand, is pure horror...

joe_b wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:37 pm
profaudio wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:35 am$149 isn't even an on sale price, I believe?!

It's on sale ("Special Price") with $100 off for newcomers to buy the full bundle, or $50 off the indivdual.

Disapointingly, no similar "Special" sale price for LOYAL CUSTOMERS tho? Not "Special" enough?

I agree, price should have been $99 (with a "special" limited introductory $50 off price), IMO. No rush, it will be $150 forever to upgrade, until there's a another 50% off deal...
You're right, there's no crossed out retail price - so I guess it's safe to assume that 149$ is going to be the default upgrade price.

I have to mention that it' just great that there is a playable demo as well as a reliable, helpful application manager for updates that even offers an uninstall option (do you see this, NI and basically every other plugin vendor?). Well done, Korg!

I thought the pricing on this was ridiculous. The bundle is quite old and considering you can get the m1 and wavestation for 25$ each on sale they shouldve made the triton $100 max. Was waiting for a $99 sale on the collection from m1 lite but now it'll be a while before it gets back to that.

A big sale on the 8DIO Blendstrument instruments... has anyone here tried these?

https://8dio.com/instrument/blendstrume ... struments/

psynical wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:00 pm A big sale on the 8DIO Blendstrument instruments... has anyone here tried these?
I listened to some of the walk-throughs and came away thinking that if you love everything gated/pulsed to death you will love this, otherwise best to avoid.

agharta wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:11 pm
psynical wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:00 pm A big sale on the 8DIO Blendstrument instruments... has anyone here tried these?
I listened to some of the walk-throughs and came away thinking that if you love everything gated/pulsed to death you will love this, otherwise best to avoid.
+1

Insanelysane wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:46 am
agharta wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:11 pm
+1
This is not incorrect. I will add that they are quite fun, unique instruments that can provide some interesting patches. Understanding the fundamentals of what they are trying to accomplish is key. The randomizer is great and you can lock soundsources and such. Sometimes I end up with absolute shite but I've gotten some worthwhile stuff too.

It may be worth noting that the Xosphere deal is for Xosphere One, not Xosphere Two, which is apparently a significant upgrade to the original plug.

GreyLion wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:25 pm It may be worth noting that the Xosphere deal is for Xosphere One, not Xosphere Two, which is apparently a significant upgrade to the original plug.
They are libraries in their own right, so one is not necessarily the upgrade of the other even though they do similar things. And the original Xosphere is a Kontakt Player library whereas Sample Logic decided to go Full Kontakt only with Xosphere 2. I like both.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I can't recommend Xosphere Two; not heard version one.
Seems generally over busy and bombastic to me, slow to load and the interface isn't great.
Paid about $50 and wished I hadn't bothered; lesson learnt.

Vleker wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:01 pm
joe_b wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:37 pm

I thought the pricing on this was ridiculous. The bundle is quite old and considering you can get the m1 and wavestation for 25$ each on sale they shouldve made the triton $100 max. Was waiting for a $99 sale on the collection from m1 lite but now it'll be a while before it gets back to that.
i have the legacy bundle + Special Bundle Upgrade for Legacy Bundle, as stated in my account, strange that there is v2, the triton isn't interesting for me.
korg account and id is very plain. plain text pages.. i hope not, i believe i won't, that if the other plugins get updates, you have to have v2. me thinks if you have the legacy bundle you have gotten updates, although, that was century ago? i saw ones in a thread, that you had to pay for the updates, or an update of the legacy bundle?

they sound perfect for me, only so small. but i mapped them to controllers (bidirectional), so i can use them as hardware... although the arp odessey hasn't exposed all it's parameters, not all plugins do that, but strange ommisions.

i wish that korg was gave more info about their products, yes they do, but this bundle...

not quite the right thread. me thinks, for what i say. more on topic, if you do not upgrade to v2, do you still get updates for the others (which is indeed a strange question, because, besides the arp odd (...) the only made them once 64 bits. i own them for 5 years i think. the legacy bundle that is.

EDIT: the upgrade price is indeed ridiculous. and if you wait, it shall plunge, to the normal korg level.

EDIT 2: i love those soft synths, don't get me wrong (especially the ms-20, the mono/poly and the polysix, used them a lot). but a little love, also for customers...

WasteLand wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:14 pm EDIT: the upgrade price is indeed ridiculous. and if you wait, it shall plunge, to the normal korg level.
The "problem" with Korg's marketing and upgrade pricing is that those are never put on Sale, only newcomers or new products get a Sale price frequently :(
AFAIK, upgrade pricing stays the same even through sale periods "forever" :?

I totally did an insta-upgrade from KLC v1 to the version that included their new (at the time) ARP Odyssey, simply because that price was a no brainer ($49).

The new option to upgrade that to v2 is simply ridiculous mainly because of the deal new users are getting:

old users V1->V2: $199+$199=$398
old users v1+Arp->V2: $199+$49+$149=$397 (yay -$1! :roll:)
new user ->V2: $299 (sale price) ...so, I guess it's always best to "support" a company as late as possible :dog:

Anyway... I've "ranted" about this on twitter (here & here) but it's pointless, so I'm going to stop upgrading Korg VSTs (I even got Gadgets 2.0 ... :clown:)

Koshdukai wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:25 am
WasteLand wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:14 pm EDIT: the upgrade price is indeed ridiculous. and if you wait, it shall plunge, to the normal korg level.
The "problem" with Korg's marketing and upgrade pricing is that those are never put on Sale, only newcomers or new products get a Sale price frequently :(

I totally did an insta-upgrade from KLC v1 to the version that included their new (at the time) ARP Odyssey, simply because that price was a no brainer ($49).

The new option to upgrade that to v2 is simply ridiculous mainly because of the deal new users are getting:

new user ->V2: $299 (sale price) ...so, I guess it's always best to "support" a company as late as possible :dog:

Anyway... I've "ranted" about this on twitter (here & here) but it's pointless, so I'm going to stop upgrading Korg VSTs (I even got Gadgets 2.0 ... :clown:)
They’ve put sales on upgrades. That’s how I got the KORG collection a few years ago. I had the m1 le license and upgraded to the full bundle for $50, which was half off. I hope that they have another upgrade sale sometime.

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:38 am They’ve put sales on upgrades. That’s how I got the KORG collection a few years ago. I had the m1 le license and upgraded to the full bundle for $50, which was half off. I hope that they have another upgrade sale sometime.
Well, if/when they cut that upgrade price in half, I'll be happy to jump back into the "upgrading" wagon.

Until then, I still feel the slap on the face Korg just gave me with this "we only care about new users" thing.

Heck, even upgrading for $75 feels like being a sucker compared with new users getting now the V2 ($323 vs $299) but ok...

I was hoping that Xosphere was included in Xosphere 2 like I think it is with Morphestra 2...Dang, now I need to think.

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:38 am
Koshdukai wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:25 am

They’ve put sales on upgrades. That’s how I got the KORG collection a few years ago. I had the m1 le license and upgraded to the full bundle for $50, which was half off. I hope that they have another upgrade sale sometime.
Dang for $50 I'd upgrade, but no way they'll do that anytime soon

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”