Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

commodore wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:31 am
m-ac wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:24 pm Interesting, you tested that exact preset with 4 notes held down? Can I ask what your buffer's set at, which daw, what version osx, and your macbook specs?
I just tested that preset on my PC with as many keys as I could push, and did not have any issues. Although it did look like it was using a bit of CPU.

No matter what I do, I can't get more than 30%. i7 4970k, windows 10.
Maybe it's because it's relying on old code from another synth and is not as efficient as other synths (afaik Avenger is basically the synth version of Phalanx). For many it wouldn't run smoothly, personally I don't have issues, but I can also see that Vengeance doesn't really consider low end setups (they suggest a 4k screen for Avenger, because on 1080p it looks pretty bad due to the atrocious font choice and its downscaling) and won't even count laptops as potential workstations. Maybe that's one of the reasons other plugins are much more successful even though they aren't necessarily "better".

I wonder if listening and improving the overall experience on laptops would have brought more customers than enforcing third party solutions for copy protection did(which aren't as infallible as they thought, and mostly affected existing customers... since those who bought it after would have done it anyway) and most likely they'll end up pushing Avenger 2 much sooner than expected so they won't be changing copy protection method a second time around in their "no dongle" synth.

Like m-ac, I too am interested in what sample buffer size do commodore and neokortex88 use.
I too have issues with the cpu usage of Avenger (on the same system that other heavy hitters play reasonable fine), and I use 64 sample size buffer.

Using his mention of Dance Spiccs (why oh why would they put the search field at the bottom. sigh),
I don't get the fall out he gets but I do get spikes and

Which is one of my issues with Avenger, unlike any other plugin I own the Realtime is almost always pegged playing many patches in avenger, when other notorious heavy hitters (Diva, Repro, Cypher2, Omnisphere etc etc) don't have that issue.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 9.35.05 AM.jpg
Why would they put the search field as a small text block at the bottom.
Why?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Did the sale end? I bought Avenger last night. I was going to buy a couple XPs. I wanted to "sleep on it" as I was torn about my top two. I went to the site to purchase them and the sale banner was gone. :(

zvenx wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:23 pm Like m-ac, I too am interested in what sample buffer size do commodore and neokortex88 use.
I too have issues with the cpu usage of Avenger (on the same system that other heavy hitters play reasonable fine), and I use 64 sample size buffer.

Using his mention of Dance Spiccs (why oh why would they put the search field at the bottom. sigh),

Which is one of my issues with Avenger, unlike any other plugin I own the Realtime is almost always pegged playing many patches in avenger, when other notorious heavy hitters (Diva, Repro, Cypher2, Omnisphere etc etc) don't have that issue.
rsp
It looks like you're on a mac too right? The other guys are on pc, and manuel and rene are too, so I assume the codes just better optimised to run on pc. Like I said though, not all presets cause such a crazy reaction, so I can live with it.

FYI, I'm using a 128 buffer, and running a trashcan mac pro 3.6 6-core xeon with 64gb ram, so my machines not exactly a slug.

HTT wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:37 pm Did the sale end? I bought Avenger last night. I was going to buy a couple XPs. I wanted to "sleep on it" as I was torn about my top two. I went to the site to purchase them and the sale banner was gone. :(
The code XMAS50 should still be working for a couple of days, according to their Facebook group.

In case the code doesn't work, the sale is still there at Sweetwater, including the 5X Pack.

question about Multisample import in Avenger: I have some multisamples, they are originally in stereo WAV files.
I want to import these into Avenger (44.1 Khz, 16 bit). Is it worth keeping them as stereo, or should I convert them to mono?
Last edited by MasterTuner on Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reaper (win), i7-7700k, 16GB

What are the best expansions to buy? Listened to the demos and maybe it’s just me but they all had a similar soundness to them ( with a few exceptions)

m-ac wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:42 pm
zvenx wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:23 pm Like m-ac, I too am interested in what sample buffer size do commodore and neokortex88 use.

rsp
It looks like you're on a mac too right? The other guys are on pc, and manuel and rene are too, so I assume the codes just better optimised to run on pc. Like I said though, not all presets cause such a crazy reaction, so I can live with it.

FYI, I'm using a 128 buffer, and running a trashcan mac pro 3.6 6-core xeon with 64gb ram, so my machines not exactly a slug.
I have two systems, but indeed I haven't much tested it on my pc.
rsp
sound sculptist

I recently purchased and installed VPS Avenger V1.5.5 after demoing for a few days. In the browser section under the Files tab, I noticed that the Factory Content file says R5. I think that the current version is R7. I re downloaded the latest factory content file "VPS_Avenger_XP_Factory.avxp2" and now notice that it is shown in orange whereas the "VPS_Avenger_Factory-content_R5.avengercontent" file is shown in green text. How do I remove the R5 Factory Content and install the R7 content? Do I just delete the R5 file from the Avenger Folder via Windows File Explorer and then use drag and drop for the "VPS_Avenger_XP_Factory.avp2" file?

Armadillo wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:45 pm
HTT wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:37 pm Did the sale end? I bought Avenger last night. I was going to buy a couple XPs. I wanted to "sleep on it" as I was torn about my top two. I went to the site to purchase them and the sale banner was gone. :(
The code XMAS50 should still be working for a couple of days, according to their Facebook group.
MattMusic wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:33 pm In case the code doesn't work, the sale is still there at Sweetwater, including the 5X Pack.
Thanks!

laz wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:38 pm Just an INFO post from me......
Today i received my Dongle ordered from: https://www.maat.digital/dongle/
Everything installed and activated on multiple computers without any problem. Every PC works flawless with the Dongle.
So for the first day everything is fine.
Thanks very much for the info, was hoping someone could verify this.

Hey guys, has Avenger been confirmed to be working on Mac for Catalina OS?

So I've got around 10 or so expansions, but only have new arp preset folders for cinematic 2 and 3 (and for some reason 2 phalanx folders, but maybe they were always there, I cant remember). Do all expansions not come with new arp presets?

Return to “Instruments”