TAL Mod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Mod The Shining Stars Soundset

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:22 am
e-crooner wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:56 pm The sine waves on the wave selectors seem to be of the wrong color.

The sine wave symbols are a bit washed out ( different colour ) because these can not be synced and because it's the only waveform that is used when doinf FM from osc 2 ---> osc 1
Odd reasons. Did Patrick tell you that?

e-crooner wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:45 pm
e-crooner wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:56 pm The sine waves on the wave selectors seem to be of the wrong color.

The sine wave symbols are a bit washed out ( different colour ) because these can not be synced and because it's the only waveform that is used when doinf FM from osc 2 ---> osc 1
What I find odd is someone being bothered by something as small as that

I am not bothered, I just happened to notice because it looked strange.

Sinisterbr wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:46 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:45 pm

What I find odd is someone being bothered by something as small as that
Indeed.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:57 am I think a new bug slipped in , the osc's always re-trigger (same phase ) even when re-trigger is off

Edit , it seems that the osc's re-trigger when retrig is off , and don't when re-trigger is ON
So maybe it's just a gui issue
I can't confirm that, just did a few tests, the retrigger buttons seem to work as expected.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:56 pm Found a new bug
Osc sync does not work when sync master ( osc 3 ) is set to triangle wave
Do you mean osc3 out cabled to osc2 freq in?
If so, that does seem to work, too, for all osc3 waveforms.

What versions, platforms, etc, is everybody running?

I think when using the pitch bend as modulation source, setting the amount should be like with the Tune knobs, i.e. in semitones, not those weird values.

Also, I think the chorus kind of dampens the sound as one dials in a dry/wet value beyond 12 o'clock. Is that normal chorus behavior?

e-crooner wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:31 pm I think when using the pitch bend as modulation source, setting the amount should be like with the Tune knobs, i.e. in semitones, not those weird values.

Also, I think the chorus kind of dampens the sound as one dials in a dry/wet value beyond 12 o'clock. Is that normal chorus behavior?
Dampens as in some sort of lowpass filter?

It could be some saturation in the signal path perhaps wich often sounds 'damped' or filtered.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

If this thing could load samples as OSC it would make it something else, the filters and routing are so well done it makes me want to load up samples for the sound source.

This is one of the best sounding plugins out there in my opinion.

http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:01 pm Some Tal-Mod sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pJfyASz8A4
Those are great.

what is the purpose of the "s" letter in the mod combo box ?

Was confused about it first too, but it's a “snap to whole values“ feature mostly usable for manipulating the OSC or main tuning / frequency range to exactly your desired amount of semitones (for example 1, 2, 3, or 4 without having to fiddle with something like 4.03 and 3.97 just to somehow luckily reach 4.00 at some point)
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:01 am Was confused about it first too, but it's a “snap to whole values“ feature mostly usable for manipulating the OSC or main tuning / frequency range to exactly your desired amount of semitones (for example 1, 2, 3, or 4 without having to fiddle with something like 4.03 and 3.97 just to somehow luckily reach 4.00 at some point)
Thanks for the explanation, I thought it was a kind of solo :lol:

Return to “Instruments”