RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:22 pm ^^^
Also check out the Sensel Morph
https://sensel.com/
Thanks !
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

i'm a little surprised at the general vanilla aspect of the patch examples , up to this point ... some of my favorite absynth patches were of the resonator / waveguide variety ; the ozark vampyre clan , and the orca patches , to name a few ...
i have no doubt plasmonic is capable in that range ...
'twould be nice to hear a few examples ...

from the available info displayed to date , it appears as if the multiple mseg approach
has been supplanted by straight adsr envelopes ... i remain open-minded here ,
but i utilized the mseg envelopes both freehand , and in step mode , to generate pitch changes / sequences ...

Funded this - I still have fond memories of the early days of Absynth development, when Brian was very responsive to the community. And the price seems to be fair.

There is an absynth and now plasmonic Facebook group site.

Brian is very active on it.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/516250285 ... up_comment

i backed it. sounds interesting and much respect for his absynth work. the gui looks interesting. almost like it's primed for iOS which makes sense.

some people in here complaining about features when he's not even done w/it yet. still under construction. so, i'm sure lot's of bells and whistles to be added. calm yourselves. :)

I like the audio demos; seems very playable and expressive.

Would love to see some analog-modeled oscs (and are those filters ZDF?), but maybe not needed. The modulation capabilities look to be on-point.

Not sure I dig the price point, though, given the current market.
A well-behaved signature.

I backed it. Looking forward to this one!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I hope that besides the the several audio inputs mentioned that there are also audio sample manipulators.

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:48 pm
Cinebient wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:40 pm I´m between excited and "is that really something new?". I like the sounds i hear in the short demos and also like the simple GUI (which might also not final yet) but then i have Sculpture, Chromaphone, Prism, Zebra and modulars where i can use waveguides, resonators and whatever and a 100 filters in any combination with MPE etc.
I´m always excited about physical modeling things but maybe i try to calm down and see if this is something special. However, interest is there. Never was a fan of Absynth because of the GUI but this might be better.
I also wished they would not play so bad vibrato examples with MPE controllers. Mostly it sounds really fake and over the top.
I didn’t want to spoil the soup (since Brian Clevinger seems to be perceived as a god by lot of people here because of Absynth) but I totally agree and I’m on your side here. I feel this synth could have been a revolution… In 2006. Added to your already impressive list of tools available, let’s not forget Kaivo from Madrona Labs, probably the king of physical modeling synthesis. Too early anyway to be sure about anything, but competition is very fierce and I still can’t hear anything stunning or otherworldly unique in that video demo.
+ 1

GUI looks like Melda's wet dream.

I personally like a flat, “made for plugin” UI. IOW, I very much do not like plugins that try to appear more “hardware synth-like” in whatever ways. Ugh.

dayjob wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:45 pm i backed it. sounds interesting and much respect for his absynth work. the gui looks interesting. almost like it's primed for iOS which makes sense.

some people in here complaining about features when he's not even done w/it yet. still under construction. so, i'm sure lot's of bells and whistles to be added. calm yourselves. :)
I agree completely. I love Absynth, it was my first purchase from NI. The GUI is hard to deal with now, but the features are still pretty strong.

I'm certain this thing will be great, and will back it soon. I'm liking the new directions synths are going in, and that he's not worried about physical modeling as a replacement for acoustic instruments, as much as a starting point. All good signs.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:22 pm Also check out the Sensel Morph
https://sensel.com/
Thank you for the hint! Just looked it up and Morph seems to be just what the doctor ordered for Plasmonic et alii. The different overlays feature and the programming app look ace!
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:17 am You can even turn it into a LinnStrument Mini:
https://forum.sensel.com/t/my-6th-tunin ... t-mini/853
https://forum.sensel.com/t/12x6-linnstr ... rid/639/19
:o !
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Instruments”