Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

trusampler wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:51 pm I love the idea of unify, and plan on one day using it live to replace my Kore 2 live setup. I'm slow to change, but ultimately this should be the program to do it.
One thing I'll need is it to support drag n drop, I use the mpc software for my live setup. Currently, it's not able to drag wave files onto the mpc software pads.

Wishlist: I'd like to see an option for the text on the browser to be smaller, or more of an extensive improved browser for our multis we save.

Also the ability to actually stack our multis together, should be possible. I'm not a fan of any sort of drop down menus, I think it should be possible to drag n drop everything.

Keep up the great work guys!!!
Thanks, @trusampler. This is great feedback.

Would it be possible to strip Unify completely. I mean from all samples and "stock" plugins? And just use your own plugins?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:53 pm Would it be possible to strip Unify completely. I mean from all samples and "stock" plugins? And just use your own plugins?
Yes. There's an Init button, basically giving you a clean set-up (with only a sine osc, which you replace with one of your own synths).
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:29 am
starflakeprj wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:53 pm Would it be possible to strip Unify completely. I mean from all samples and "stock" plugins? And just use your own plugins?
Yes. There's an Init button, basically giving you a clean set-up (with only a sine osc, which you replace with one of your own synths).
Thanks, but I was more thinking of removing all content so there are no factory presets or stock plugins to choose from.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:18 am
dionenoid wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:29 am
Thanks, but I was more thinking of removing all content so there are no factory presets or stock plugins to choose from.
You could play around with removing content from the Unify Standard Library to discover which if any parts of that are required for Unify to work at all. All the included presets and free plugins are in there...

Here's Skippy talking about Unify at NAM 2020:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

This is an intriguing question. Can you explain a bit more what you have in mind, I mean, why you want to do this?

Short answer: Yes. You can remove all the bundled plug-ins and the Unify Standard Library, but the built-in plug-ins would remain (they're built into the code). If you're going to do that, though, you might as well use any of several other "blank slate" plug-in aggregator tools on the market like Blue Cat's Patchwork, DDMF Metaplugin, etc. I'm not sure why you'd want to. Maybe I'm missing something?

getdunne wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:20 am
This is an intriguing question. Can you explain a bit more what you have in mind, I mean, why you want to do this?

Short answer: Yes. You can remove all the bundled plug-ins and the Unify Standard Library, but the built-in plug-ins would remain (they're built into the code). If you're going to do that, though, you might as well use any of several other "blank slate" plug-in aggregator tools on the market like Blue Cat's Patchwork, DDMF Metaplugin, etc. I'm not sure why you'd want to. Maybe I'm missing something?
I can understand removing the presets, but why remove everything else as you can customize it to your heart's content?

mrsugmad wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:39 am Here's Skippy talking about Unify at NAM 2020:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzt-wK52gQk

getdunne wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:20 am

I guess i would be ok removing all the bundled software. The reason I'm asking is because I have collected too many plugins during tve years, and I'm thinking of using only the best of the best plugins with Unify (my choice), and then plugins like Dexed, OB-Xd, BlueARP and other would just be a disturbance, to me.

What I liked with Unify (I have a few other plugin aggregators) is how you handle CPU load. Moat of the other seems to load everything on just one core, as do moat of the layering features in the DAWs I own, at least it looks like that.

I am curios of the upcoming features though, so I might re-install it again with all the bundles content, but for now I am only interested in the core features.

@getdunne Can you please try to fix surge compatibility. It breaks the window and cannot be moved or closed. Maybe something in the resizing capabilities of surge? Screenshot for reference.

Windows 10
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

focusrite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:27 pm @getdunne Can you please try to fix surge compatibility. It breaks the window and cannot be moved or closed. Maybe something in the resizing capabilities of surge? Screenshot for reference.
Windows 10
Surge works fine on my system under Unify, Ableton 10, Windows 10.

tony10000 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:37 pm
focusrite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:27 pm @getdunne Can you please try to fix surge compatibility. It breaks the window and cannot be moved or closed. Maybe something in the resizing capabilities of surge? Screenshot for reference.
Windows 10
What size is surge and unify set to respectively on your setup?

Next, someone will be asking if we can remove all colors and flavors from the world! You know - get back to basics.
Last edited by SciFiArtMan on Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

focusrite wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:50 pm
tony10000 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:37 pm
Windows 10
What size is surge and unify set to respectively on your setup?
Full screen for Unify and 100% (default) for Surge.

I found the bug. Unify does not like it when you try to change Surge size from default.

Return to “Instruments”