Alchemy Player- CM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutantdog wrote:I'm surprised CM didn't drop it a lot sooner. I'd have thought Apple would want it removed immediately.
I guess they did. It's not actually been on the DVD for at least a couple of years. There used to be a folder on there but it just contained a note saying that you could get it from the "vault". And that no longer exists.

It's really about time CM updated the magazine and the DVD (the .rtf on the current version still says Alchemy CM is in a separate folder). Basically they are lying about what software is available.

Steve

It is still in the vault for older DVD images so if you have access to an older magazine you can still download it.

ghettosynth wrote:It is still in the vault for older DVD images so if you have access to an older magazine you can still download it.
yeah, it's still in CM245 vault, but oddly the same issue in filesilo doesn't have it.
The latest issue still lists alchemy CM in the mags itself.
maybe someone can try contacting them to ask if they're really dropped or they were just too lazy to upload it?

[edit] forget it.

FileSilo for cm252 has got the "Alchemy Player CM" download - it's said to be 527 MB.

PS cm#251 mentioned 5 multisampled "VIntage Synths" - they are not on the DVD, but are in FileSIlo: ARP2600 (3), Mimimoog (3), PPG_Wave2_2 (2), Prophet5 (3) and VCS3 (4). The numbers in (..) are the number of different patches, 8-12 samples per path.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Just letting you know that I've just subscribed to Computer Music, and successfully downloaded and installed the Alchemy Player - CM from FileSilo for issue 257 (I'm on Windows 10, FL Studio 20 64bit).

The zip is 526 MB
Date Modified for the installer in the Zip is 14/06/2013
Alchemy Player v1.55.0P
The VST is 32 and 64 bit
There's 249 presets

I installed the presets on a different drive - you have to press the File button at the top, change Data Folder, restart the plugin and then press the Scan for New Presets in the same File menu (this seems to take ages to complete!).

I noticed that some of the patches are by John Lehmkuhl.

Ranoka wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:14 pm Just letting you know that I've just subscribed to Computer Music, and successfully downloaded and installed the Alchemy Player - CM from FileSilo for issue 257 (I'm on Windows 10, FL Studio 20 64bit).

The zip is 526 MB
Date Modified for the installer in the Zip is 14/06/2013
Alchemy Player v1.55.0P
The VST is 32 and 64 bit
There's 249 presets

I installed the presets on a different drive - you have to press the File button at the top, change Data Folder, restart the plugin and then press the Scan for New Presets in the same File menu (this seems to take ages to complete!).

I noticed that some of the patches are by John Lehmkuhl.
just downloaded its not in there

You know, I’m just guessing here but, Alchemy is now in the Garage Band instruments. I’ll bet that Apple would really like for you to jump on board with it. I can’t help but wonder if Apple quitely had CM take it down from filesilo. That’s just sounds like an Apple move to me. GB is free for the price of an iPhone, or iPad, or whatever.

TBH, i don't think it ever was on #257. It was on the older issues, when they still hosted their downloads on the CM Vault site.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:33 pm TBH, i don't think it ever was on #257. It was on the older issues, when they still hosted their downloads on the CM Vault site.
It was though, because it was the first issue I bought :D

But I just logged in to FileSilo and it appears it's not there anymore (I believe it was a separate .zip from the main instrument download)! So I guess they got asked to remove it?

Ah... slowly it clears up i guess. :) I must say that i haven't seen it for a while now in one of my issues, that's why i figured it would have been on one of the older issues. Maybe Camel Audio/Apple asked them to remove it indeed. Probably because it doesn't represent the state of their tech anymore.

I'm sure it's included in CM254. Fake news.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Bought an older CM from eBay and I got Alchemy Player CM back! Of course it's missing one of the two patches I badly wanted and I hope the other one is in the 50 extra presets that Camel Audio offered when you registered an account on their website. The plug-in prompts me to get them when I first start it, but of course the website is dead now.

I know it's a shot in the dark but does anyone reading this have these 50 extra patches?

thanks!

cocoazenith wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:43 pm Bought an older CM from eBay and I got Alchemy Player CM back! Of course it's missing one of the two patches I badly wanted and I hope the other one is in the 50 extra presets that Camel Audio offered when you registered an account on their website. The plug-in prompts me to get them when I first start it, but of course the website is dead now.

I know it's a shot in the dark but does anyone reading this have these 50 extra patches?

thanks!
I think I have all the extra patches Camel gave away, but the names of the library ZIP files are quite similar. Do you know which one it was?

Also, with the way Camel authorized installations and their libraries, I wouldn't put too much faith in being able to use some of these libraries if they weren't "authorized" for you before Camel disappeared/abandoned us. All the libraries I have work, but I've had them for 6 or 7 years, so....

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Return to “Instruments”