Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
e-crooner
KVRian
1113 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:21 am

Musicians are artists, so they need to do what they need to do :hihi:
Don't all pros start out as hobbyists?
I bought an expensive synth early on and I am happy I didn't waste much time with freeware or cheap mediocre stuff.

AnX
KVRAF
6162 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:34 am

your point?

User avatar
rezoneight
KVRist
148 posts since 18 Feb, 2004

Re: Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:56 pm

To drag out a pointless conversation in which the various sides will never agree ;)

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
59018 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:57 pm

rezoneight wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:56 pm
To drag out a pointless conversation in which the various sides will never agree ;)
yes they will.

Acid Mitch
KVRAF
2007 posts since 5 Oct, 2005

Re: Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:00 pm

Oh no they won’t

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
59018 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:05 pm

im behind you :evil:

e-crooner
KVRian
1113 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Re: Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:05 pm

AnX wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:34 am
your point?
My point is that to an aspiring musician a professional synth plugin is not a luxury.

And no, we will never agree :hihi:

AnX
KVRAF
6162 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:10 pm

e-crooner wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:05 pm
AnX wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:34 am
your point?
My point is that to an aspiring musician a professional synth plugin is not a luxury.
of course it is, it is in no way a necessity

unless of course you, think ppl can only make professional music on professional plugins (whatever they are.... might need citation on that)

e-crooner
KVRian
1113 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Re: Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:15 pm

Well, I assume a lot more professional music is made using $XXX synths rather than Synth1 etc.
And some people think strategically from the very start. So they buy a top synth and build a pool of hundreds or thousands of patches over the years as they become more and more professional.

AnX
KVRAF
6162 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Re: Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:22 pm

e-crooner wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:15 pm
Well, I assume...
there's you biggest mistake

end of conversation

e-crooner
KVRian
1113 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Re: Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:30 pm

AnX wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:22 pm
e-crooner wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:15 pm
Well, I assume...
there's you biggest mistake

end of conversation
Not at all. It is quite logical, actually.

User avatar
rezoneight
KVRist
148 posts since 18 Feb, 2004

Re: Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:07 pm

e-crooner wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:15 pm
Well, I assume a lot more professional music is made using $XXX synths rather than Synth1 etc.
And some people think strategically from the very start. So they buy a top synth and build a pool of hundreds or thousands of patches over the years as they become more and more professional.
I bought Logic for $199. It came with a TON of built-in instruments, samples, etc. You're saying that someone couldn't make music with just the stuff that is included with any of the modern DAWs? Thats nonsense.

Return to “Instruments”