Zebra Redux

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

drzhnn wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:57 am
zoikkis wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:13 am Is it possible to colour different module types individually with the newest version of Redux?
You mean in ZHZ? I'm afraid not. Colored backgrounds didn't look too good with new nontransparent buttons. And honestly, I thought they are not really needed anymore, since modules are already grouped by type and are in separate tabs.
Ok, thanks. I'm using ZHZ. Still, I think it would be great to be able to have different colours for each module type as it is easier to separate them with a quick glance.

Today I was toying around with different colourings, taking some ideas from the default ZHZ 2.8 skin. Mod Matrix text colour is the same as the line and the crosshair that chooses the destination. Volume and Pan have their own colours. Unipolar and bipolar with a little difference to easily see which is which, etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That's cool! Looks more lively :tu:

Agree, looks very nice.

Which parameter in the script controls the colour of the activated mute and bypass buttons? Also, which parameter controls the activated microtuning font colour?

zoikkis wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:58 am Which parameter in the script controls the colour of the activated mute and bypass buttons?
"Mute": lines 4721, 4738, 4755, 4772.

Code: Select all

PROPERTY control='Button 1373' name='colours' id='3' value='red'
"Bypass FX" and "Bypass EQ": lines 6766, 34128, 34469.
zoikkis wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:58 am Also, which parameter controls the activated microtuning font colour?
Line 14395.

Code: Select all

PROPERTY control='Label MT On' name='colours' id='1' value='green'
BTW, if you need to find code for specific button or text label, you can search for the text in your code editor by putting the query in single quotes. This will take you directly to the line, where it was defined. Most of the time. All related elements will be somewhere around there.

drzhnn, how much would i need to pay you to get a Zebralette redux skin? Seriously. Love that little beast but i could really use a sleeker (imo) interface.

I never really used Zebralette and I don't know how other people use it and what are the workflows there. I can't optimize something that I don't understand. Because the whole Redux project is not about changing the UI, it's about re-balancing features and quirks in the UX, which leads to different workflows, for better or worse. I don't see myself using Zebralette on a daily basis, because I'm totally satisfied with ZebraHZ, so if I ever start working on Zebralette Redux I'd need to know more about how other people use it, and what are the reasons why they prefer it to Zebra. Well, except the price :)

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

resistent wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:03 pm Is there any further changes / ideas upcoming maybe?
I don't have plans or ideas for new features, as I'm patiently waiting for the next official Zebra release. But if you have any suggestions, please share :)

resistent wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:03 pm And a lil question: what are the differences between the three available themes?
Just some little visual things that other users requested. Like, color coded modules, font size for module titles, fixed position for effects rack, module selection behavior.

resistent wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:03 pm Edit: I miss to see all MSEG at once. I mean the ghost ones in the background when you select a dedicated MSEG like in the original skin
Which theme are you referring to? The latest ZebraHZ one? Anyway, they all should have ghost envelopes present in one form or another.

Zebra Redux 2018-0528-0136

ZebraHZ Redux 2018-1114-1921

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No problem :hug: Please let me know if you find anything or if you have ideas on how to improve this theme.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

resistent wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:35 pm Is Zebra Redux supporting the WT Recording function right now?
The Redux for Zebra2 doesn't support WT recording. But Redux for ZebraHZ does. And you can use it with Zebra2 as well:

- download zebrahz-redux-2018-1114-1921.zip
- extract Redux folder to your Zebra2.data\Support\Themes\
- go to Redux\Scripts\ and rename ZebraHZ.txt to Zebra2.txt

Anyway, I guess it is time for me to make a difficult decision and drop support for the old Zebra Redux version. And I'll need to update the new Redux version to support features added in latest Z2/ZHZ RC builds.

And as always, feel free to share your ideas and suggestions. If you need me to fix bugs I don't know about, or add some specific features or improvements, please let me know.

New update: zebrahz-redux-2020-0131-0311.zip

- added support for Zebra/ZebraHZ v2.9.1
- same code base for Z2 and ZHZ versions of the theme
- updated Preset Browser
- added Tag Editor
- added patch format menu to the top bar
- removed ZRev and Zebrify support (for now)

I just have learned from another post that ZebraHZ now has extra Comb and Resonator modules. How could I miss that :dog:

So here's a new update: zebra-redux-2020-0208-1704.zip

ZebraHZ:
- Added missing Comb3 and Comb4 modules
- Added missing Res2 and Res3 modules

Zebra2:
- no changes

Return to “u-he”