Brainworx ENGL E646 VS - My review and tone test

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey what's up everybody?
I made a video review and tone test of the Brainworx ENGL E646 VS amp sim VST plugin and would love to share it with you all.
It's got some seriously decent tones inside the box and sounds fantastic for heavy metal chuggs.
https://youtu.be/PMLWW8e0qxA
These are the timecode stamps to use to jump around in the various sections of the video.
00:00 Quick tone test
01:00 User interface
02:05 Signal and FX chain
02:18 Test 1 (My preset)
05:23 Test 2 (All presets, guitar only)
07:08 Test 3 (All presets, full mix)
09:49 My conclusions

I'm neither sponsored, nor endorsed by any company, I'm just a metalhead who likes making gear reviews.

Sounds good :) but I think maybe this should be in the Effects section.

viewforum.php?f=6

How about just posting your conclusions so we can decide if we want to watch the vid for more in depth info?
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

How did you find it. I was just giving it a go earlier and it didn't really give me what I was looking for tonally, despite messing with the settings and Recording Chains.

Don't get me wrong, I think it sounds great, it just wasn't what I was after at the time. I found the Deizel VH4 got me much closer.

@Examigan: Thanks and sorry, I'm new here, didn't know where to post it really. From now on I'll be using the Effrects section of the forum.

@musicdoc: You're right. My conclusions, though, are that it's a great VST plugin for the money. It sounds really good, especially in the most aggressive playing styles. I'd like to compare it to the Neural DSp Fortin NTS.

@simon.a.bilington: I found it browsing Honest Amp Sims Revews, they have plenty of good ideas for VST plugins. As I just said, I liked it a lot, especially playing fast palm mutes and heavy chuggs.

alessandroarzilli wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:45 pm @Examigan: Thanks and sorry, I'm new here, didn't know where to post it really. From now on I'll be using the Effrects section of the forum.

@musicdoc: You're right. My conclusions, though, are that it's a great VST plugin for the money. It sounds really good, especially in the most aggressive playing styles. I'd like to compare it to the Neural DSp Fortin NTS.

@simon.a.bilington: I found it browsing Honest Amp Sims Revews, they have plenty of good ideas for VST plugins. As I just said, I liked it a lot, especially playing fast palm mutes and heavy chuggs.
I have an impression it’s a genre related thing. Does Honest Amp Sim Reviews cover multiple styles including jazz & funk??

Don't they rate everything by how good it sounds for stoner/doom when you add a fuzz pedal?

Return to “Instruments”