Violin soundfont?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Years ago, I had an sf2 called Stradivari. Allegedly it was made from the Garritan violin. In any case, it was pretty much marcato with just a touch of vibrato. Does anyone remember this? It was the most realistic violin I've come across. The computer it was on suffered water damage when my water heater exploded. If not, can someone recommend a good solo violin? I've got the Friedlander violin for Kontakt, and the violin from EW's Gypsy. I'm not really satisfied with either. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Windows 10, Reaper

i thought about building a music studio in the water heater closet once..... cant help with the sf2, good luck finding it.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Check the "Lewis E Pyle Violin" in sfz format by David Hilowitz / Decent Samples. He also has a small library of violin harmonics.

There are also solo violins in Virtual Playing Orchestra and (I believe) in VSCO community edition (might be identical, since VPO sources their instruments from various orchestral sampling projects).

Not solo, but very good sounding: SCC Expressive Strings (I'm giving away too many secrets of the trade here).

Same always lacking criteria : Which maximal budget ?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

.Thanks for the replies. I'd spend $250 to $300 for a really good sounding violin. It doesn't have to be an sf2, that's just the format of the one I liked so much. I have Kontakt, ARIA, Play, Engine, SampleTank 4 amongst others. It's a shame the Garritan is no longer available. I had a friend that had it, and it was superb.
Windows 10, Reaper

Emotional Violin from Harmonic Subtones/Best Service
Joshua Bell Violin from Embertone
Bohemian Violin from Virharmonic
Then there is Chris Hein and a few more but i like the 3 above the most.

I always like the Florestan Soundfonts. The String Quartet .sf2 file contains a Solo Violin. Free so worth checking out....

https://musical-artifacts.com/artifacts ... ags=violin
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks so much. I won't have time to check out the soundfonts 'til tonight, but all of the demos sound really good. I really appreciate you taking the time to make suggestions.

Stephen
Windows 10, Reaper

- Bohemian Violin
- Sample Modeling Violin
The Chris Hein one is not bad either.

Return to “Instruments”