Phase Plant... Thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Phase Plant

Buckster wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:08 pm I was surprised too seemed to finish early (the sale)

But I think me as a casual.user the monthly better option as I'll probably sub for two three months create the odd basic track then move into something else
Buckster,

I could see that too.

But you've brought up a very good question. After your 2-3 month sub, would PP still load and play your track, or would you have to render it before then?

PP would.not load as would have no current licence

But as a casual who dabbles in and.out would be fine for me

FYI: Phase Plant - Getting started with Wavetables (Premieres at 9pm CET)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtrMe3h9l94

Kilohearts latest half-price sale is on Flanger, Pitch Shifter, Frequency Shifter, and Haas.
These are all VST/AU/AAX effects plugins that also work as "Snapins" in their modular hosts, Phase Plant, Multipass and Snap Heap (which is free!).

Flanger is $14.50 and the others are just $9.50 until April 7th.

More info on the site: https://kilohearts.com/

Kilohearts latest half-price sale is on Trance Gate, Tape Stop, Reverser, and Resonator.

More info on the site: https://kilohearts.com/

Good new review on phaseplant 1.8.5 (see review by fraggle)

Phase Plant is on sale right now. Best prices here: https://www.bestservice.com/deals/kiloh ... _3302.html

My question: Is just the basic version of Kilohearts Phase Plant (no starter/professional toolbox) worth considering? Do the starter/professional bundles add anything else apart from just the additional snapins, which I believe are basically just effects for processing the sounds within Phase Plant? Are they really essential if you don't process sounds within synths?

The website does say this for basic Phase Plant, but I thought it would still be good to ask.
Note that all factory and third-party presets will work regardless of which effects you own.
I wonder if all the presets this guy is playing part of basic Phase Plant version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9TE6LfQmXA

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:07 am
My question: Is just the basic version of Kilohearts Phase Plant (no starter/professional toolbox) worth considering? Do the starter/professional bundles add anything else apart from just the additional snapins, which I believe are basically just effects for processing the sounds within Phase Plant? Are they really essential if you don't process sounds within synths?

I feel like if you've already invested in a library of different VST effects you probably can stick with Phase Plant on its own and not feel like you're missing out. PP has a number of different presets that include the additional snapins like Faturator and Disperser, but I don't think it's mandatory for you to have them.

putraumoneverything wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:56 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:07 am

I feel like if you've already invested in a library of different VST effects you probably can stick with Phase Plant on its own and not feel like you're missing out. PP has a number of different presets that include the additional snapins like Faturator and Disperser, but I don't think it's mandatory for you to have them.
Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, I do have a variety of effect plugins including the Soundtoys bundle, so I also feel that the extras might not be that useful to me, especially since I don't process the sound inside the plugins anyway. Kilohearts has this unique system, so I was wondering what is all this fuss about snapins and all.

I will consider demoing Phase Plant.

You can buy the basic version and add to it the free ones then purchase the others when there is a discount. The effects purchased can be used also outside of PP.
Only you can decide if the additional plugins are necessary or not for you. I still don't have all of them, but about half of them and find it enough for now.
Most sound designers have them all! Judging from the presets 😉

EnGee wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:16 pm You can buy the basic version and add to it the free ones then purchase the others when there is a discount. The effects purchased can be used also outside of PP.
Only you can decide if the additional plugins are necessary or not for you. I still don't have all of them, but about half of them and find it enough for now.
Most sound designers have them all! Judging from the presets 😉
That's a good option indeed. :tu:

There lies the difference - I am not a sound designer. ;)

It's very powerful synth. You can even make a nice fm sounds with 4 operators! The company is super friendly as well :tu: A good investment in very capable and easy to use synth :)

EnGee wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:42 pm ....The company is super friendly as well :tu: ...
More than anything else this is why I bought Phase Plant......I get a warm fuzzy feeling from the company.
rsp
sound sculptist

EnGee wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:42 pm It's very powerful synth. You can even make a nice fm sounds with 4 operators! The company is super friendly as well :tu: A good investment in very capable and easy to use synth :)
Thanks. I downloaded the demo. Their installer is pretty good and easy too. Good to hear that about the company. :) :tu:

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:48 pm
EnGee wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:42 pm It's very powerful synth. You can even make a nice fm sounds with 4 operators! The company is super friendly as well :tu: A good investment in very capable and easy to use synth :)
Thanks. I downloaded the demo. Their installer is pretty good and easy too. Good to hear that about the company. :) :tu:
Also note, that presets for Multipass (I believe Phase Plant too correct me if I am wrong) all
can use snapins that you don't own. I also believe that presets made on different machines can
be used. So if you want to use future preset packs you can use them without worrying.

Phaseplant sounds very clean and clear; very usable in tracks that don't want so much grit (I don't do that stuff).

The installer was awesome, Multipass is very nice, and Snap Heap is very cool too.
I really like them. I also believe that they are unassumingly powerful.

I want to point out that even though the Best Service buy is cheaper I am not
sure if you get the $30 voucher as well. Someone please point this out. Thanks

Return to “Instruments”