Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FYI from UVI website:
Pricing Terms and Conditions
Owners of Vintage Vault and Vintage Vault 2 are eligible for upgrade pricing (see table for details)

Owners of individual product(s) included in Vintage Vault 3 totaling in value of $149 or more (MSRP) are eligible for upgrade pricing (see table for details)

Upgrade pricing is available to people who have purchased individual products anytime, including those obtained during promotions

NFR licenses may not be upgraded

Resale of individual products obtained in a bundle or used to upgrade to a bundle are not allowed

Owners of Vintage Vault or Vintage Vault 2 and at least one of the new products included in version 3 have been contacted via email with a tiered discount voucher as an additional savings towards the Vintage Vault 3 upgrade price

Vintage Vault 3 introductory pricing and promotional vouchers are valid through January 31st, 2020 only

Regular upgrade prices will take effect on February 1st (see table for details) and will be available to all qualifying customers

telecode wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:01 pm
plexuss wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:27 am Also, there are 30 products in VV3 and you have 11, meaning for $333 you get 19 more products which is $18 each - not to bad a deal.
How many of those 30 products are recent, as in released in last 2 years and how many are older? They doing same thing as NI and Komplete? Most of the stuff in the package/bundle are products that are quite old and haven't been update in long time?
I asked UVI how it works: The system is automated - if you own products in VV3 and buy VV3 using upgrade pricing the system will revoke the licenses for your single products and give you VV3. They said the way around this is to buy it under an account without VV3 products and then you can sell those in the other account. I am not sure how this works with iLok, if you can use the same iLok account with 2 different UVI accounts...

plexuss wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:01 pm
telecode wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:01 pm
plexuss wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:27 am Also, there are 30 products in VV3 and you have 11, meaning for $333 you get 19 more products which is $18 each - not to bad a deal.
How many of those 30 products are recent, as in released in last 2 years and how many are older? They doing same thing as NI and Komplete? Most of the stuff in the package/bundle are products that are quite old and haven't been update in long time?
I asked UVI how it works: The system is automated - if you own products in VV3 and buy VV3 using upgrade pricing the system will revoke the licenses for your single products and give you VV3. They said the way around this is to buy it under an account without VV3 products and then you can sell those in the other account. I am not sure how this works with iLok, if you can use the same iLok account with 2 different UVI accounts...
This is interesting, I just checked my iLok and UVI accounts and I have VV3 as it's own iLok and still shows 8 of my UVI instruments as separate products that I can transfer, the licenses have not been revoked. My UVI account shows them as single instruments too. It looks like I should be able to sell them. I'll drop them a line.

Edit: UVI have got back to me, they will not approve the transfers.

Uncle E wrote:up to 90% off Softube
Hi Eric, just received this mail.
What Softube is 90% off? I don't see more than 56%.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:10 pm
Uncle E wrote:up to 90% off Softube
Hi Eric, just received this mail.
What Softube is 90% off? I don't see more than 56%.
The email reads: "up to 90% off Softube, Black Rooster, DJ Swivel, Waves, GRM Tools, & more". It actually says "up to 56% of Softube" in the second sentence. ;)
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Does anybody know any other stores that sell W.A Production plugins.
I mist the sale at W.A Production & Pluginboutique for Venom Granular FX.

I was looking for a good Kontakt drum library with round robins... and found Drumdrops Yamaha Hybrid on sale for $13.50 (BFD format is also $13.50). "1000 available for $13.50, 572 purchases left Next price point - $27" Signing up for their newsletter also gives you a 20% off voucher code.

[Edit: from past comments in this thread it looks like an identical Drumdrops sale on the Yamaha kit was going on in 2017 "for a long time"? Presumably they haven't been doing this "1000 available" sale for years? The "number available" did go down by 1 after my purchase....]

Chocolate Audio's winter sale seems to still be going on. For how much longer I wonder?... Their Kontakt drums seem promising---especially the more recent ones---but they don't seem to make "best of" lists or get recommended often?... They do allow license resale.

I could use the $25 e-voucher to get Native Instruments "Maschine Drum Selection" for $24 but since there's no mention of round robins (for the acoustic kits) I'd guess it doesn't have them?

I saw FNK-4 (Loop Loft) recommended on one list of Kontakt drum libraries and it's on sale for $99 (down from $149; also got a "spin the wheel" 20% off voucher, and after I visited the website but didn't buy anything they sent me a 30% off voucher---both vouchers only good for 24 hours, not sure if I can combine them), but it doesn't seem to have round robins, even though most of the content is acoustic. But it does have "randomisation of pan and pitch, the last ranging between +/-100 cents and proving handy for gentle hit-to-hit variation" (Music Radar). Apparently NFR.

Realitone holiday sale is still going on---Realidrums for $100 rather than $300. Kontakt Player. "30-day full refund policy" [Edit: no mention of round robins on their product info page, but in their KVR forum they say, "Of course, all drums and cymbals are sampled at multiple velocities with round robins." NFR.]

Aside from Kontakt, Groove Agent expansions are also 50% off until February 5th and work with Groove Agent SE. I'd guess there won't be any issue storing the samples on a secondary hard drive, since I think that's where I already have the Groove Agent samples?...

I use Maschine Drums Selections regularly and cannot hear round robins. Also, there is nothing spectacular about the sounds (I only use them because they're easy).

Air Music Tech Strike 2 just went on sale for $39. Have you checked it out? I don't really understand how it works but they make a lot of claims about their engine doing something to make drum parts sound more realistic and the sound demos do indeed sound very realistic. The drums were recorded at Blackbird Studios so I imagine they're quite good (the library Blackbird did for Slate is the most popular SSD and Trigger library). Here's Air Music Tech's description about the Strike engine:

Strike’s proprietary real-time performance engine eliminates the mechanized artifacts of typical sample-playback devices to deliver human results with unparalleled realism. The playing intensity can be increased to obtain a smooth dynamic response in the drum tone instead of audible velocity switches. With Strike, you can produce professional drum tracks that are impossible to create with conventional sampling technology.

Ou_Tis wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:41 am I was looking for a good Kontakt drum library with round robins... and found Drumdrops Yamaha Hybrid on sale for $13.50 (BFD format is also $13.50). "1000 available for $13.50, 572 purchases left Next price point - $27" Signing up for their newsletter also gives you a 20% off voucher code.

[Edit: from past comments in this thread it looks like an identical Drumdrops sale on the Yamaha kit was going on in 2017 "for a long time"? Presumably they haven't been doing this "1000 available" sale for years? The "number available" did go down by 1 after my purchase....]

Chocolate Audio's winter sale seems to still be going on. For how much longer I wonder?... Their Kontakt drums seem promising---especially the more recent ones---but they don't seem to make "best of" lists or get recommended often?... They do allow license resale.

I could use the $25 e-voucher to get Native Instruments "Maschine Drum Selection" for $24 but since there's no mention of round robins (for the acoustic kits) I'd guess it doesn't have them?

I saw FNK-4 (Loop Loft) recommended on one list of Kontakt drum libraries and it's on sale for $99 (down from $149; also got a "spin the wheel" 20% off voucher, and after I visited the website but didn't buy anything they sent me a 30% off voucher---both vouchers only good for 24 hours, not sure if I can combine them), but it doesn't seem to have round robins, even though most of the content is acoustic. But it does have "randomisation of pan and pitch, the last ranging between +/-100 cents and proving handy for gentle hit-to-hit variation" (Music Radar). Apparently NFR.

Realitone holiday sale is still going on---Realidrums for $100 rather than $300. Kontakt Player. "30-day full refund policy" [Edit: no mention of round robins on their product info page, but in their KVR forum they say, "Of course, all drums and cymbals are sampled at multiple velocities with round robins." NFR.]

Aside from Kontakt, Groove Agent expansions are also 50% off until February 5th and work with Groove Agent SE. I'd guess there won't be any issue storing the samples on a secondary hard drive, since I think that's where I already have the Groove Agent samples?...
I recommend NI's Studio Drummer or any of the Abbey Road Drummers that you like. You can use your e-voucher or wait for discount or maybe find them here. They're part of Komplete/Komplete Ultimate so people who upgraded recently usually sell them cheap.

Ou_Tis wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:41 am I was looking for a good Kontakt drum library with round robins.
If you're open to non-Kontakt, I highly recommend Addictive Drums 2. It's currently on flash sale in different configurations. For $120 you can get your choice of 3 different kits (plus 3 individual percussions instruments and 3 MIDI packs). They are generally 12-16 velocity layers with 4-8 round robin per layer especially near the louder velocities.

So it's effectively $40 a kit plus MIDI. There's also a "Custom XL" for $198 for 6 of each which makes it $33/kit and covers a ton of use cases. You don't have to make your selections immediately either, you can take as long as you want.

If you really want to stick to Kontakt, then Drumdrops is a great choice in general. 12-24 velocity layers and up to 5 round robins per layer. No experience with the Yamaha kit but I like their Funk, Motown, and Memphis kits. Not sure what kind of music you do but both XLN and Drumdrops have diverse and genre-appropriation selections.

Is there a Waves bundle that contains Vocal Rider?
Cheers

frackermak wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:32 am Is there a Waves bundle that contains Vocal Rider?
Cheers
Go to
https://www.waves.com/plugins/vocal-rider
And click on "Included In" to see the bundles it's in

This one
https://www.waves.com/bundles/morgan-page-emp-toolbox
Is the only one below $100 currently

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:53 am
frackermak wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:32 am Is there a Waves bundle that contains Vocal Rider?
Cheers
Go to

This one
Go to EveryPlugin and use code YNY23 and it's under $64.

Cheers 👍
Cheers
Go to

This one

Thank you 😁
agharta wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:42 pm
Cheers
Go to

This one
Go to EveryPlugin and use code YNY23 and it's under $64.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”