Eventide SP2016 bit depth and sample rate?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

I’ve tried searching for info on the but depth and sampling rate of the processor to no avail. It’s not in the manual and a google search didn’t bring up much (only for the H910).

If any body has info in this regard I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

16 bit LINEAR PCM analog to digital converters
16 bit digital to analog converters
selectable sampling rate: 20.5 kHz or 41 kHz

Found in the original manual from 1985 (APPENDICES A/4)
https://com-eventide-drupaluserfiles.s3 ... iginal.pdf
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Thank you very much!

Wow Teacue, is that from your personal unit?
Do you have any other old Eventide manuals?

Orville71 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:04 pm Wow Teacue, is that from your personal unit?
If only!
But no, I do not own any Eventide hardware.
Orville71 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:04 pm Do you have any other old Eventide manuals?
Beside of the H3000 Series manual (There is a link on your site) I do not have other manuals.
I just made a search some times ago as I was very interested to know more about the other algorithms of the original SP2016 unit.
I then found this document.

BTW when we're at it, I find it a pity that Eventide did not recreate all the original algorithms from the SP2026.
The same thing goes for the H3000.
Not that Eventide would not offer a lot of great similar plugins but well, on one side you are aimed to port the older hardware in an extremely accurated way and on the other side you let a lot of algorithms aside.
I never understood this.

Anyway thanks for the great work at Eventide ;-)
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

They're not slaves to the past, they embrace it. They oviously ported over what made sense to them. Then they added modern variations of each of the three algos. Perfect!
teacue wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:32 am

+1000 :hail:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I would love a full SP2016.

jens wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:42 am They're not slaves to the past, they embrace it. They oviously ported over what made sense to them. Then they added modern variations of each of the three algos. Perfect!
teacue wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:32 am
What are the modern variations, besides the different reverbs in the 2016?

+1000 :hail:

Orville71 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:04 pm
BTW when we're at it, I find it a pity that Eventide did not recreate all the original algorithms from the SP2026.
The same thing goes for the H3000.
The name of the plugin gives the clue; H3000 Factory. It's a re-creation of the Mod Factory One algorithm 122, feature for feature and same parameter value range. I'd love to see a full H3000 emulation with all the algorithms.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

Return to “Effects”