MuLab 8.4.18 (APDC)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e-crooner wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:18 pm The bar shows fine with a new project using a VST as well as a new project using the built-in synth (Mux I suppose).
Is there any of your older projects where the play cursor disappears that do not use any VSTs?
If so then please email me that project for research.

mutools wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:11 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:18 pm The bar shows fine with a new project using a VST as well as a new project using the built-in synth (Mux I suppose).
Is there any of your older projects where the play cursor disappears that do not use any VSTs?
If so then please email me that project for research.
No, sorry, I always use my VST synth on all projects.

mutools wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:02 pm Trancit, what samplerate and buffersize are you using?

And you're using MuLab 64 bit, right?
44.1KHz @ 512 samples via FL Studio ASIO driver...
64 bit Mulab on Win 10 64bit...

I tried with MME driver... same result...
I don´t know if this matters, but my Audio Interface got no inputs...just a Stereo Output...

Trancit, so when you do New Project and you click play there is no play cursor, right?
Do you use a custom "New.MuProject" template or is it the default factory one?

Does the position display in the transport panel (at the top) shows the correct position as it plays?

Then when you draw a sequence part with some notes, does that sound as expected?
Do you see a play cursor in the piano roll editor?

Please set Preferences -> Alert Error Level to "All errors".
Then restart MuLab and try again.
Then upon quit is there a new log file in the User/LogFiles sub-folder?
If so pls email it to me.

For me the play cursor is working fine with any project saved using m8.x
However If I load any project originally saved with m7.x the play cursor does not display.
Easy solution - If I resave and then reload the project the cursor works fine again.

I have no projects which do not use at least 1 vst, as I have some analysis tools saved in my default template.
I installed m8 using the package at 8-0-036, and have updated by copying the two main files since.
Interestingly - the two project templates supplied in m8-0-036 behave differently:
- New.MuProject - the cursor works fine.
- Start.MuProject - the cursor does not display

I hope this is helpful

Thanks a lot Richard !! Indeed i can repeat the issue now using the Start.MuProject. Ok, now i can research this. Should be fixed soonish. Thanks again :tu:

mutools wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:37 pm Trancit, so when you do New Project and you click play there is no play cursor, right?
Ok...now I can spare my posting... :tu:

It´s indeed only the Start project... everything else works fine

M8.4.11 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/
  • When loading older projects, the composer play cursor was not visible. Fixed.
  • Audio Dispatcher module: When using one of the Solo Modes and Use Velocity was on, this caused a crash after the last note off. Fixed.
  • Audio Latency Generator: The maximum latency value now properly takes the current samplerate into account.
  • Lower RAM usage.
How to update:
Windows: Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.
MacOS: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

M8.4.15 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/
  • When using a large audio engine block size, recording things from the GUI was recorded with less accurate timing. Fixed.
  • When using a large audio engine block size, then the play cursor was moving stuttery. Fixed.
  • The play cursor and transport time displays did not take the audio output latency into account. Fixed.
  • MuDrum: Fixed a bug wrt. pasting a rack in the MuDrum rack desk.
How to update:
Windows: Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.
MacOS: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

does APDC mean Midi Out signals to external hardware are also delayed appropriately? Renoise has this great ext. Midi mode which delays midi notes by the total project PDC + the soundcard latency. so the audio outputs of the daw and the analog outputs of a synth are in sync, could something like this also be implemented in MuLab?

docbot wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:37 am does APDC mean Midi Out signals to external hardware are also delayed appropriately?
Yes.
so the audio outputs of the daw and the analog outputs of a synth are in sync, could something like this also be implemented in MuLab?
Already implemented.

Are you encountering any issues?

Did not read all the reports here... playhead does not run smooth on mac, seems to jump a bit.... audio sound is smooth.

mfkne wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm playhead does not run smooth on mac, seems to jump a bit...
Please elaborate on what you see.
Pls also let me know which MuLab version you're running and what samplerate and blocksize you're using. Quickest way to check samplerate and blocksize is via right-click on cpu meter -> Audio Engine Stats.

mutools wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:43 pm
mfkne wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 pm playhead does not run smooth on mac, seems to jump a bit...
Please elaborate on what you see.
Pls also let me know which MuLab version you're running and what samplerate and blocksize you're using. Quickest way to check samplerate and blocksize is via right-click on cpu meter -> Audio Engine Stats.
Samplerate:44100, Blocksize 512
Macbook Pro, On Board Sound.
Version 8.3.3. - playhead runs smooth
Version 8.4.15 - playhead jumps, even in empty project without plugins or audiofiles

I see the issue. Will research & fix that. Thx for reporting this!

Return to “MUTOOLS”