Behringer TD-3 Analog Bass Line Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DJ Warmonger wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:20 am
supernova89 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:12 am It amazes me that people on ebay still demand 2500-3000€ for the original TB 303.
I've heard some original TB-303 tracks and the sound hasn't been faithfully reproduced by any clones or emulations, ever :shrug:
Behringer is rather weak in this competition.
May be but asking 3000€ for an 1 oscillator one trick pony mono synth is still crazy IMO.

supernova89 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:35 am
supernova89 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:12 am It amazes me that people on ebay still demand 2500-3000€ for the original TB 303.
I've heard some original TB-303 tracks and the sound hasn't been faithfully reproduced by any clones or emulations, ever :shrug:
May be but asking 3000€ for an 1 oscillator one trick pony mono synth is still crazy IMO.
But if that one trick is essential to you then it may be worth it.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:45 am
supernova89 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:35 am
But if that one trick is essential to you then it may be worth it.
Well , if you are obsessed with the original sound and would not settle for anything less then who am I to tell you otherwise. The sad thing is that synth sellers use this obsession/nostalgia to push their crazy prices further and further and that´s why I´m glad Behringer started to clone these devices.

I do agree the prices are absurd but if people are paying it then they’re reasonable I guess. That’s supply vs demand.

I’ll buy one eventually just because I want to own one in my lifetime but until then the RE covers me.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:36 pm I do agree the prices are absurd but if people are paying it then they’re reasonable I guess. That’s supply vs demand.

I’ll buy one eventually just because I want to own one in my lifetime but until then the RE covers me.
Reasonable ? Nah man. It´s all about nostalgia and feelings. You don´t use reason when you pay 3000 for an 1 osc monosynth in 2019. Especially when there are clones that can sound very close for a fraction of the price . You buy it with your hearth. And the greedy synth re-sellers know how to capitalize on that.

I want yellow td-3
Murderous duck!

Gotta remember the audience that is listening to most acid house/techno/trance... I don't think anyone's standing in a dark sweaty club thinking "hmmm that resonance sounds off". Do you even really want to sound exactly the same as everyone else anyway? Grab whatever squelchy machine you've already got and make some noise

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Roland-TB30 ... SwooFd6yCB

Try this crap on for size! Surely there isn't anyone that stupid :pray:

bought! :hihi:

I couldn't resist and have ordered one. There is no way I could justify spending the £s for the other copies/clones but the TD-3 I can even if its just for fun with the occasional productive output.
Nu-Rave.com

The TD-3 is slowly starting to arrive in stock over in the US now.... finally. I managed to order a silver model before they quickly went back out of stock. Shipped same day.

I wonder when black and gold are to arrive? I'm guessing sometime in February.

"In stock within 1-2 weeks", Thomann says.

Of course.. That would be sometime in February alright! :hihi:

I'll feel silly if they do arrive then for getting this silver one, since I wanted the black version.

TD3 arrived.

Plasticky. Were original TB-303's plastic?

I wish there was a notch at 12 o clock in the Tune knob. And for 150 USD I still think this should have come with a USB cable and a basic guide in the box (it comes with a power connector and a giant useless behringer sticker only). Otherwise I'm happy.

btw. Download the software it helps with notation. There is already an update that resolves a patch storing issue with the Up/Down values as well as a slide time adjustment.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”