DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Reckon104 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:03 am For me it doesn't matter how hard I press on that row, the light always goes to the top row automatically. However, the actual volume will be as though it's on the second to top row. Then if I hit the top pad, the volume will adjust accordingly.
Just fixed it.

moss wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:40 pm
hexfarmer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:53 pm regarding the browser, maybe im doing something wrong but if I open polysynth and ahift+pad8, it does not open the browser, it opens the oscillator window and knobs (bottom row) dont seen to be doing anything that I can see.
Just fixed several bugs with the Beatstep, this was one of them.
Thats cool man, but I am assuming you are referring to your latest release 8.60 which in my case I cannot use because I am on bitwig 3.02.
Eitherway this is no biggie for me, I am just happy I can use the beatstep as a keyboard in play mode with octave change and scale/in-key mode thanks to you, if only I could figure out the double trigger issue with the beatstep but this is a arturia hardware problem and probably not fixable

peemge wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:33 pm
It happens sometimes, but I would not say at a 50% rate.
In my case it is extreme.
sometimes I can hit the same pad 10 times in a row and 8 or 9 out of those times it will double hit :dog:

other times it will only do it once within the same number of hits with same pad and sound.

I still havent tried taking the back panel off but whats crazy is that people are having this same issue even in the beastep pro!
this is really bad from arturias QC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jRs9_0q_Hw

Does DrivenByMoss support the new "Mk3" Launchpad Pro yet? I'm seriously thinking of switching from Ableton to Bitwig and am interested in using a Launchpad Pro with it.

moss wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:06 am
Reckon104 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:03 am For me it doesn't matter how hard I press on that row, the light always goes to the top row automatically. However, the actual volume will be as though it's on the second to top row. Then if I hit the top pad, the volume will adjust accordingly.
Just fixed it.
Thanks much. I look forward to using it at some point in the future when I can upgrade bitwig. Many thanks for all your efforts! I was amazed by how well my LPX works with bitwig thanks to you.

Just wanted to report a problem with the Push 2 script: I've been struggling to get the Papen Punch 2 plugin to work in Bitwig, it started freezing the Bitwig gui whenever I selected the track that contained the VST (though the VST gui & even the sound kept working fine). Bitwig support told me that it's a known problem because that plugin has 32.000 user automatable parameters that have to be constantly re-scanned by the host. I got reports from other users (& from Rob Papen support) though that it's running fine in Bitwig for them.

So now I found out that the plugin works like a charm if I remove the drivenbymoss Push 2 extension (it wasn't enough that Push wasn't connected to my system). So it seems there is a problem with the script in handling this overabundance of automatable parameters...

Hi Jürgen, I don't know if you've seen this http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/ but it seems to be some Python-based scripts to provide extra Push-type functionality for the various Launchpad devices. I assume your Bitwig stuff is Java-based so I'm sure that this wouldn't be a trivial thing to attempt, but what are the chances of adding extra modes of operation along the same lines?
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

My apologies! I've just seen from the video on DBM 8.5 that there are indeed some extra features for the Launchpad X that I didn't know had been added.
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

Version 8.70 is online! Enjoy!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 3.1+.
  • All devices
    • Known Issue: If the audio engine is off also the controller does not work anymore. Because the MIDI processing is now running in the audio process, which means if there is no audio process, there is also no midi. Will be fixed in an upcoming Bitwig Studio version. Should be fixed in the next Bitwig update.
    • Fixed: Browsing presets (or replacing) the selected device, always brought up the browser on the first device of the track
    • Fixed: Adding a device always added it relative to the first instrument device
    • Fixed: Devices could not be added to the master track if there was no other device yet
  • Beatstep
    • New: Easier switching between note selection and step editing in sequencers. Turning knob left selects play/note select, turning it right selects step editing.
    • Fixed: Value change on some knobs were flipped (e.g. scrolling browser).
    • Fixed: The Note Sequencer used the drum mapping and octave shifting.
    • Fixed: Pads sometimes lit with wrong color after pad was pressed
    • Fixed: Pads sometimes lit with wrong color after leaving Shift mode
    • Fixed: Browser mode was canceled when Shift was released
  • OSC
    • New: The address and port of the OSC client ("send to") can be configured again but requires restarting the extension (turn off/on).
  • Launchpad
    • Known Issue: User mode crashes. Should be fixed in the next Bitwig update.
    • New: Duplicate+Scene duplicates the scene.
    • New: Up/Down buttons in browser mode switch from replacing the current device to inserting a new device before or after it.
    • New: Non-Pro models: Pressing the Delete and Duplicate pads in shift mode activates the related mode. Leaving the shift mode and entering session mode allows then to delete/duplicate clips, scenes and tracks. After deleting/duplicating an item the delete/duplicate mode is turned off.
    • New: Turn of panorama lights for non-existing tracks, instead of showing them centered
    • Fixed: Fader scaling was wrong (except Launchpad Pro)
  • Komplete Kontrol A-Series / S-Series Mk2 / M32
    • Fixed: Some buttons did not work (Quantize, Metro, Undo)
  • MCU
    • Fixed: Crash in Track mode when toggling between fx and noirmal tracks
    • Fixed: Record button was not always lit correctly
  • Push 1/2
    • New: Added duplicating notes in Note, Drum, Drum 4 and Drum 8 sequencers. Keep Dulicate button pressed, select the source note, press empty destination pad(s). The note will be copied with all settings.
    • New: Tempo and Position knobs only show their value as a popup notification. The metronome settings can now be accessed by long-pressing the Metronome button.
    • New: Push 2: Only the selected page in user mode is colored white, all others are grey.
    • New: Duplicate+Scene duplicates the scene now also in Play, Piano and Drum 64 modes.
    • Fixed: User mode works again
    • Fixed: Modified display colors were not applied after restart
    • Fixed: Layout of Touchstrip mode was not updated to new features on Push 1
    • Fixed: Push 1: Frame mode showed an empty display
  • SL MkIII
    • Fixed: Crash when selecting track again to enter device mode

Thanks for that Jürgen, really appreciated!

Thank you once again for your effort and work!

Vielen Dank! Tolle Sache!

thank you! :ud:

Danke! Thank you :-)

Fantastic update, Moss. Thank you!

Return to “Controller Scripting”