Let's talk reaktor 6.4

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reaktor Reaktor Player

Thank you for the cheat sheet, David. One question regarding the Key and Scale knobs - is the actual key and scale that is selected displayed anywhere (perhaps when you hover the mouse over the knob)?

I've read 8 first pages of the thread but I'm quite lost with all those debates about reaktor 6.3.

So, simple question, already asked I think, but the answer is still not clear for me:
Will I lose anything if I update Reaktor from 6.2.2 to 6.3?

Will my ensembles still be useable? (even without FPP, I don't care)
Will community ensembles, blocks (euro reakt for example) still be useable the same way it was before update? WIthout paying any additional fee I mean.

Back to question 1, is there any reason not to update to 6.3?
Soundcloud - Synthwave & More https://soundcloud.com/canapelee

No loss, Blocks and Ens are still valid.
What is added is the new “blocks” system, called Racks.

The included Rack modules and presets are free.

David@TOYBOX wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:28 am In the video, the oscillator block is modulating the Piano Roll's PITCH and TIME knobs in realtime, moving the notes around, the resulting note locations are quantized by the QUANTIZE setting and snapped to a major scale by the SCALE control (selects between 41 different scales) so everything is kept in time and in key as the playhead plays through the modulating sequence.
EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw your post with the helpful description of every part of the Piano roll, and it clearly answered my question for me, cheers :)

Hi David, a question about this -- I don't see a QUANTIZE or SCALE module in the setup shown in the video, are these properties in the Piano Roll module itself?

thanks,
-M
Last edited by mholloway on Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waiting man wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:50 pm No loss, Blocks and Ens are still valid.
What is added is the new “blocks” system, called Racks.

The included Rack modules and presets are free.
Soundcloud - Synthwave & More https://soundcloud.com/canapelee

Hi David, a question about this -- I don't see a QUANTIZE or SCALE module in the setup shown in the video, are these properties in the Piano Roll module itself?
The quantize control is the 'carousel' type control (with the dots and next/previous arrows) at the top of the panel.

the SCALE and KEY knobs are found on the 'ADDITIONAL CONTROLS' panel which is displayed by clicking on the 'SHOW ADDITIONAL CONTROLS' button. These knobs are on a separate panel to save space on the block.

see the bottom of the diagram here:

https://i.ibb.co/6PrCk5r/piano-roll-functions-4.png

I will post a short tutorial video for the piano roll here asap

Is the actual key and scale that is selected displayed anywhere (perhaps when you hover the mouse over the knob)?

David@TOYBOX wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:28 am I need to do a video about the granaular sampler, there's a lot of ways to use that one..

Here's a quick video showing a couple of blocks from the new Synth Bundle:

https://youtu.be/_Ck-YeZqPk8

In the video, the oscillator block is modulating the Piano Roll's PITCH and TIME knobs in realtime, moving the notes around, the resulting note locations are quantized by the QUANTIZE setting and snapped to a major scale by the SCALE control (selects between 41 different scales) so everything is kept in time and in key as the playhead plays through the modulating sequence.
Do you still have plans for the video for the granular sampler?

Kiitwa wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:24 pm
David@TOYBOX wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:28 am I need to do a video about the granaular sampler, there's a lot of ways to use that one..

Here's a quick video showing a couple of blocks from the new Synth Bundle:

https://youtu.be/_Ck-YeZqPk8

In the video, the oscillator block is modulating the Piano Roll's PITCH and TIME knobs in realtime, moving the notes around, the resulting note locations are quantized by the QUANTIZE setting and snapped to a major scale by the SCALE control (selects between 41 different scales) so everything is kept in time and in key as the playhead plays through the modulating sequence.
Do you still have plans for the video for the granular sampler?
I’d also like to see a video on this, ideally one which includes the live input mode :tu:

From NI today:

"UPDATE Feb 20, 2020: Now supports panel patching in Ensembles. It includes templates for ports and port labels. The documentation is updated to reflect these changes."

Haven't read the docs yet - does this mean what I zink it means? :hyper:

JoeCat wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:42 pm From NI today:

"UPDATE Feb 20, 2020: Now supports panel patching in Ensembles. It includes templates for ports and port labels. The documentation is updated to reflect these changes."
Native Access doesn't show any update for Reaktor over here :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:23 pm
JoeCat wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:42 pm From NI today:

Native Access doesn't show any update for Reaktor over here :shrug:
Looks like this is in the Reaktor User Library, new upload for the Blocks Template (from NI) - so maybe this is just some template widgets for building your own panel patching, and not a merging of the Racks/Ensemble features.

I have converted my most used user blocks to fpp since the release of 6.3 , so this template upload is for the really lazy people .
The so called block partner ship with boutique modular 'audiophile circuits league 'has also magically vanished .
I guess they want to inject some new life into the user library by uploading this template, but as long as ffp in ensemble mode can't be snapshots saved , it's a lost batlle .
They should wok on that instead of monetizing their racks .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how this is different.. so now you're no longer restricted to white cables only and can share the smaller NK files.

Am I missing something beyond that?

Return to “Modular Synthesis”