Let's talk reaktor 6.3

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
mholloway
KVRian
1276 posts since 11 Jan, 2009 from Portland, OR, USA

Post Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:06 am

David@TOYBOX wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:28 am
In the video, the oscillator block is modulating the Piano Roll's PITCH and TIME knobs in realtime, moving the notes around, the resulting note locations are quantized by the QUANTIZE setting and snapped to a major scale by the SCALE control (selects between 41 different scales) so everything is kept in time and in key as the playhead plays through the modulating sequence.
EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw your post with the helpful description of every part of the Piano roll, and it clearly answered my question for me, cheers :)

Hi David, a question about this -- I don't see a QUANTIZE or SCALE module in the setup shown in the video, are these properties in the Piano Roll module itself?

thanks,
-M
Last edited by mholloway on Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://tvhwy.bandcamp.com/releases - classic IDM by TV HWY
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER

EdSfer
KVRist
86 posts since 27 Aug, 2015 from Paris, France

Re: Let's talk reaktor 6.3

Post Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:07 am

waiting man wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:50 am
No loss, Blocks and Ens are still valid.
What is added is the new “blocks” system, called Racks.

The included Rack modules and presets are free.
Soundcloud - Synthwave & More https://soundcloud.com/canapelee

David@TOYBOX
KVRist
106 posts since 15 Apr, 2019

Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:18 am

Hi David, a question about this -- I don't see a QUANTIZE or SCALE module in the setup shown in the video, are these properties in the Piano Roll module itself?
The quantize control is the 'carousel' type control (with the dots and next/previous arrows) at the top of the panel.

the SCALE and KEY knobs are found on the 'ADDITIONAL CONTROLS' panel which is displayed by clicking on the 'SHOW ADDITIONAL CONTROLS' button. These knobs are on a separate panel to save space on the block.

see the bottom of the diagram here:

https://i.ibb.co/6PrCk5r/piano-roll-functions-4.png

I will post a short tutorial video for the piano roll here asap

bharris22
KVRAF
1701 posts since 3 Mar, 2010

Post Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 am

Is the actual key and scale that is selected displayed anywhere (perhaps when you hover the mouse over the knob)?

Kiitwa
KVRer
28 posts since 21 Apr, 2004

Post Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:24 am

David@TOYBOX wrote:
I need to do a video about the granaular sampler, there's a lot of ways to use that one..

Here's a quick video showing a couple of blocks from the new Synth Bundle:

https://youtu.be/_Ck-YeZqPk8

In the video, the oscillator block is modulating the Piano Roll's PITCH and TIME knobs in realtime, moving the notes around, the resulting note locations are quantized by the QUANTIZE setting and snapped to a major scale by the SCALE control (selects between 41 different scales) so everything is kept in time and in key as the playhead plays through the modulating sequence.
Do you still have plans for the video for the granular sampler?

RobGee
KVRist
209 posts since 11 Jan, 2014

Post Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:09 am

Kiitwa wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:24 am
David@TOYBOX wrote:
I need to do a video about the granaular sampler, there's a lot of ways to use that one..

Here's a quick video showing a couple of blocks from the new Synth Bundle:

https://youtu.be/_Ck-YeZqPk8

Do you still have plans for the video for the granular sampler?
I’d also like to see a video on this, ideally one which includes the live input mode :tu:

boombaxx
KVRist
288 posts since 10 Mar, 2005

Post Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:27 pm

JoeCat
KVRian
1408 posts since 19 May, 2011 from North Carolina

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:42 am

From NI today:

"UPDATE Feb 20, 2020: Now supports panel patching in Ensembles. It includes templates for ports and port labels. The documentation is updated to reflect these changes."

Haven't read the docs yet - does this mean what I zink it means? :hyper:

fmr
KVRAF
9306 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:23 pm

JoeCat wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:42 am
From NI today:

"UPDATE Feb 20, 2020: Now supports panel patching in Ensembles. It includes templates for ports and port labels. The documentation is updated to reflect these changes."
Native Access doesn't show any update for Reaktor over here :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

JoeCat
KVRian

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:49 pm

fmr wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:23 pm
JoeCat wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:42 am
From NI today:

Native Access doesn't show any update for Reaktor over here :shrug:
Looks like this is in the Reaktor User Library, new upload for the Blocks Template (from NI) - so maybe this is just some template widgets for building your own panel patching, and not a merging of the Racks/Ensemble features.

gentleclockdivider
KVRAF
2532 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:21 pm

I have converted my most used user blocks to fpp since the release of 6.3 , so this template upload is for the really lazy people .
The so called block partner ship with boutique modular 'audiophile circuits league 'has also magically vanished .
I guess they want to inject some new life into the user library by uploading this template, but as long as ffp in ensemble mode can't be snapshots saved , it's a lost batlle .
They should wok on that instead of monetizing their racks .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

ehdyn
KVRist
232 posts since 2 Aug, 2007

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:38 pm

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how this is different.. so now you're no longer restricted to white cables only and can share the smaller NK files.

Am I missing something beyond that?

JoeCat
KVRian

Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:45 pm

I retract my :hyper: :neutral:

mxbf
KVRist
139 posts since 30 Mar, 2019

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:34 pm

After returning to Reaktor Massive/Newschool I'm starting to realize that Reaktor is God-tier.

I feel like I need to really embrace being a "Reaktor guy" and make it one of my major central tools and really invest myself in it. I Love VCV and MAX but Reaktor is more like a real electronic music instrument so it's more useful to me.

I look forward to moving toward learning it a bit more seriously so I can really get more out of it. Not really programming my own stuff but just getting an understanding of it. I've really taken it for granted up til now despite owning and using it for >10 years.

CrystalWizard
KVRian
1143 posts since 10 Jul, 2008 from Orbit Sol III

Post Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:17 pm

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:21 pm

The so called block partner ship with boutique modular 'audiophile circuits league 'has also magically vanished .
I guess they want to inject some new life into the user library by uploading this template, but as long as ffp in ensemble mode can't be snapshots saved , it's a lost batlle .
They should wok on that instead of monetizing their racks .
Agree completely.
gadgets an gizmos...make noise
https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness

Return to “Modular Synthesis”