DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Wow!!! Thanks for implementing the note duplicate!

Edit:
1. After some testing I've noticed that if you try to copy a note over an existing note nothing happens. Is this fixable or is it just the way it is?
2. The readout for the note lenght is a bit odd. For a 16th note it reads 0.0.1:00. If I shorten the note to a 75% of a 16th it will read 0.0.0:07 instead of 0.0.0:75 like it should. This goes for all fractions (

What is frame mode?

stamp wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:04 pm What is frame mode?
When you long press the Master button. The mode where you can show/hide panes and switch layouts.

Hi Moss,
Could it be made such that Note Repeat Period and Length are separate enums in Resolution.java?
Reason being, the function gateLength() only allows 0.03125 to 1.0 values. However, rate() does not have a documented limit.

To explain better, I'd like to be able to do Note Repeat at 1 measure, 1/2--even 1/128t! Although, as it is now, gateLength() limits this.
Btw, I love Note Repeat! Many thanks for this.
Thoughts?

I set up my Launchpad MkII with Bitwig 8 track in Linux a month or two back using this script. Worked nicely. Went to use it today and the Launchpad won't light up nor control Bitwig. Bitwig can see it in the controllers areas. Reaper will take MIDI input from the Launchpad so it's functional.

I remember reading somewhere that Bitwig can do some funny things on Linux with MIDI. Any thoughts on where I can start to get this back up and running?

Axisential wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:50 am I set up my Launchpad MkII with Bitwig 8 track in Linux a month or two back using this script. Worked nicely. Went to use it today and the Launchpad won't light up nor control Bitwig. Bitwig can see it in the controllers areas. Reaper will take MIDI input from the Launchpad so it's functional.

I remember reading somewhere that Bitwig can do some funny things on Linux with MIDI. Any thoughts on where I can start to get this back up and running?
I am not sure if Bitwig 8 is already on version 3.1? This is required for the current DrivenByMoss version. Try version 7.60 instead from my homepage.

lunardigs wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:37 am Hi Moss,
Could it be made such that Note Repeat Period and Length are separate enums in Resolution.java?
Reason being, the function gateLength() only allows 0.03125 to 1.0 values. However, rate() does not have a documented limit.

To explain better, I'd like to be able to do Note Repeat at 1 measure, 1/2--even 1/128t! Although, as it is now, gateLength() limits this.
Thoughts?
I have this on the wishlist but way at the bottom. Lot's of other stuff to do first...

moss wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:57 am
Axisential wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:50 am I set up my Launchpad MkII with Bitwig 8 track in Linux a month or two back using this script. Worked nicely. Went to use it today and the Launchpad won't light up nor control Bitwig. Bitwig can see it in the controllers areas. Reaper will take MIDI input from the Launchpad so it's functional.

I am not sure if Bitwig 8 is already on version 3.1? This is required for the current DrivenByMoss version. Try version 7.60 instead from my homepage.
Edit - solved it, was the Alsa-MIDI setting in JACK locking Bitwig out of the MIDI devices

Thanks mate - sorry if I wasn't clear, this is the exact same config that was working a month ago (Bitwig 3.0.something) plus an earlier version of the script. I suspect that JACK is locking up the Launchpad somehow meaning that Bitwig can't see it, but I have no idea how to start diagnosing
Last edited by Axisential on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When I have a track selected anywhere from track 9 and up and click "device" and than "Mix" my selection always jumps back to the first track. Can it be set so it will keep my selected track?
Also is there a way to show my drum machine volumes 8 at once in the mixer?
PS again kudos for all you amazing work

So, having a good play with this tonight has raised two questions for me:

1. Has anyone seen a situation where responses to button pushes on the Launchpad seems to slow down and down, to the point where the Launchpad just locks up? (Edit - Linux system)
2. What's the intended purpose of the clip length shortcuts? They don't seems to affect the length of new clips recorded
Last edited by Axisential on Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey Moss,

I got your script to work fine on my MacBook pro, but I cannot get my LauchPad X to shake hands with your .bwextension file on my Intel Hackintosh. I can't even add it manually.

On my Laptop, I see "Launchpad X (by Jurgen..." on the manual ADD menu, and as a popup when I plug it in.

On the Tower, I only see the generic "Launchpad" driver.

I put the The .bwextension file is in the exact same Location relative to each computers (in fact, pointing to the same cloud-sync directory, so I can work seamlessly between multiple computers).
I tried putting a copy of the .bwextension in the normal location (per your Installation instructions), and set Location back to that, but that didn't help either.

On the hardware side: My Tower's USB ports seem to work fine for everything else.
On the software side: is there any Java packages that I may nee to install/update to get your .bwextension to work? something that was fine on the laptop, but missing on my tower ?

Please advise.
I REALLY like using your Launchpad in BitWig, and I'd like to get it integrated in my Tower setup..

cheers !

moss wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:57 am
lunardigs wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:37 am Hi Moss,

Thoughts?
I have this on the wishlist but way at the bottom. Lot's of other stuff to do first...
Okay :) super!
Let me know if I can perhaps help. Thanks.

So glad user pages are working again, I just started using them. The button for min/max is especially great. Is it possible to rename user pages? I've seen it mentioned but haven't found how, even after watching the videos.
Thanks

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:01 pm So glad user pages are working again, I just started using them. The button for min/max is especially great. Is it possible to rename user pages? I've seen it mentioned but haven't found how, even after watching the videos.
Thanks
It is in the document settings. Open the "Studio IO" pane in the right pane and expand the section with the controller name.

moss wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:16 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:01 pm So glad user pages are working again, I just started using them. The button for min/max is especially great. Is it possible to rename user pages? I've seen it mentioned but haven't found how, even after watching the videos.
Thanks
It is in the document settings. Open the "Studio IO" pane in the right pane and expand the section with the controller name.
Ah yes, fantastic! Thanks

Return to “Controller Scripting”