Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:18 pm this guy made a sequencer out of Excel and he didnt complain how Excel purpose isnt making music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFdCM2kHL64
Pardon me, my friend, but who are you to say to me or anyone else here what we should do or like? It seems you just came here to troll this thread. Cheers.

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:18 pm this guy made a sequencer out of Excel and he didnt complain how Excel purpose isnt making music
Would you make music with Excel?

The Youtube comment section is in euphoria. I wonder what will happen if it's win or 32-bit only.
I5-8600K, 16 GB, Presonus Audiobox USB 96, Fl Studio, Reason 11, Studio One 5 Artist.

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:48 pm
thats not the point, but yeah why not for fun, i used to make music with Playstation and record to tapes. And when i was a kid i used to drum on an empty pringle box with a stretched baloon on the opening.

Yeah, but, would you make the music you do in your DAW now with Excel? :) Or, would you switch your favorite soft synth for Steinberg Neon, because, it's the guy who makes the music, not the gear what it's all about?

I'd suspect that you would reply at least one of those questions with a no, so, I really don't know what we're discussing about.

The point is, making music should be a fun and immediate process, and, you want the least possible obstacles in your way. Which is why DAW's developed from applications which looked and felt like Windows 1 to what they are today.
Last edited by chk071 on Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:10 pm
thats not the point, but yeah why not for fun, i used to make music with Playstation and record to tapes. And when i was a kid i used to drum on an empty pringle box with a stretched baloon on the opening.
when i were a lad, we didnt have money for pringles and balloons, i had to walk 12 miles just to hit a tree stump with a stick :cry:

vurt wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:21 pm
when i were a lad, we didnt have money for pringles and balloons, i had to walk 12 miles just to hit a tree stump with a stick :cry:

you had a stick? :o

lucky bastard!

AnX wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:24 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:21 pm

you had a stick? :o

lucky bastard!
Some people just don’t know when they’re well off...

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:05 pm TBH, my interest in this synth is limited, especially when it's 32-bit only (I don't like bridging), and, when there is no custom coded synth engine, or modules.
there may well be, and that may be why its 32bit only if the dev of those modules didn't update

Yeah, if there won't be any mac version many producers will not be able to benefit from this great offer :(

recursive one wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:16 pm
Sinisterbr wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:08 pm Sorry, but I've got to disagree. Each synth (and company) has its own signature sound, and most of them are not that pleasing or that inspiring to me. Anyway, let's hope GP is a good one!
I tend to agree, while the mixing and sound-designing skills are the most improtant part of the equation, I think there is still a lack of nice-sounding "characterful" synths not being emulations of some vintage analog stuff.

It may be a bit odd to expect this from an old SE creation but from my memory Genesis CM did sound very good. I didn't have a lot of stuff to compare back then tho.
Yes, I always saw a lot of praise for the old Genesis, let's see if the new one keeps up!

Hi. Where to buy it? I start to see some information in the Market that it´s ready. Thank you

alexbaroni wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:17 pm Hi. Where to buy it? I start to see some information in the Market that it´s ready. Thank you
It should be available for sale in a couple of weeks.

Hm, I don't understand the argument that SE synths sound bad. Genesis CM and the early version of Sylenth1 were both made in SE, and were highly praised. These synths are not convenient for use in some DAWs that don't support bridging, true. But sound quality?

izonin wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:58 pm the early version of Sylenth1 ... made in SE
Only the GUI afaik.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”