Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

Seeing all the hype this synth generates, I had to double-check if he indeed used SynthEdit v1.1 (release in 2010) instead of the latest version 1.4. If you look at 2:45 in his video, you see the old SE v1.1 modules. Their look changed from v1.2 and up. They look like this now:

in v1.1, they looked like this:

A screengrab from the promo video:

The people expecting a macOS version will be disappointed...

SampleScience just went all Sherlock Homie on this.

CSI: KVR.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

e-crooner wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:57 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:40 pm
izonin wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:58 pm Hm, I don't understand the argument that SE synths sound bad.
I don't get it either, tbh. There have been many Synthedit synths over the years with oodles of character and incredible sound. Aversion to Synthedit instruments (and effects) has no basis in reality in my experience, at least where sound quality is concerned. Hell, there's some SE-based software that sounds just as good or even better than non-SE commercial software.
Such as?
Memorymoon, ME80 and Messiah, everything by HG Fortune, Majken's Chimera, everything by Krakli, various de la Mancha synths and effects, Fretted Synth Audio's PhasOsc, various KX77FREE synths...

Russell Grand wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:40 pm There have been many Synthedit synths over the years with oodles of character and incredible sound.
Such as?
layzer wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:05 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:07 pm
layzer wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:30 pm all the kevin brown synths :x
Synthmaker not Synthedit.
coke, not pepsi :roll:
I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't given the " :x ". Just thought you'd like to know the subject was SE not SM/Flowstone. Similar environments but responsible for different plugins. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The only SE synth i still use is EVM's Bassline v1.3 vsti for its mutebass preset.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Russell Grand wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:20 am
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:40 pm
izonin wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:58 pm Hm, I don't understand the argument that SE synths sound bad.
I don't get it either, tbh. There have been many Synthedit synths over the years with oodles of character and incredible sound. Aversion to Synthedit instruments (and effects) has no basis in reality in my experience, at least where sound quality is concerned. Hell, there's some SE-based software that sounds just as good or even better than non-SE commercial software.
Such as?
Memorymoon, ME80 and Messiah, everything by HG Fortune, Majken's Chimera, everything by Krakli, various de la Mancha synths and effects, Fretted Synth Audio's PhasOsc, various KX77FREE synths...
Despite the naysayers re: Mac SE plugins, I have had no issues with Memorymoon or ME80, even on Catalina.

teilo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:55 am Despite the naysayers re: Mac SE plugins, I have had no issues with Memorymoon or ME80, even on Catalina.
I could be wrong but I think that Memorymoon and ME80 are reprogrammed in C++ versions of SE synths, it's a service provided by Oli Larkin. He did the same with Phonec which used to be a SE creation. So yeah sure, it works well because it uses Oli's framework called wdl-ol:

https://github.com/olilarkin/wdl-ol

I'm sure Genesis Pro dev's could ask for the same service, it's costly but at least it would be multi-platform and reliable.

This SynthEdit bashing is the same stupid swarm-blahblah as that Behringer- or Waves- or whatever-bashing. Every stupid idiots opinion gets blown up to a religion by other idiot-followers. The same as in politics. So... welcome to the third millennium. It has up- and a lot of downsides, like every progression.

Summary: I will buy that synth for 1$ or € or whatever, because I use the free Version since 2008 and never ever have encountered a single problem with it. Only good sound. Period. And I will not read that thread here any further... so, dont answer or quote me.
music is the film that is caused in the listeners head.

http://www.whiteaxxxe.de

whiteaxxxe wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:09 pm This SynthEdit bashing is the same stupid swarm-blahblah as that Behringer- or Waves- or whatever-bashing. Every stupid idiots opinion gets blown up to a religion by other idiot-followers. The same as in politics. So... welcome to the third millennium. It has up- and a lot of downsides, like every progression.

Summary: I will buy that synth for 1$ or € or whatever, because I use the free Version since 2008 and never ever have encountered a single problem with it. Only good sound. Period. And I will not read that thread here any further... so, dont answer or quote me.
tl;dr

whiteaxxxe wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:09 pm Every stupid idiot gets blow up... so, dont quote me.
Plz.. It's JOB.. Blow job :hihi:

whiteaxxxe wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:09 pm This SynthEdit bashing is the same stupid swarm-blahblah as that Behringer- or Waves- or whatever-bashing. Every stupid idiots opinion gets blown up to a religion by other idiot-followers. The same as in politics. So... welcome to the third millennium. It has up- and a lot of downsides, like every progression.
If we are talking about what version of SE is used then there are limitations to that software which is fact and not opinion.

SampleScience wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:00 pm
teilo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:55 am Despite the naysayers re: Mac SE plugins, I have had no issues with Memorymoon or ME80, even on Catalina.
I could be wrong but I think that Memorymoon and ME80 are reprogrammed in C++ versions of SE synths, it's a service provided by Oli Larkin. He did the same with Phonec which used to be a SE creation. So yeah sure, it works well because it uses Oli's framework called wdl-ol:

https://github.com/olilarkin/wdl-ol

I'm sure Genesis Pro dev's could ask for the same service, it's costly but at least it would be multi-platform and reliable.
Afaik, the recent versions of the ME80 and Messiah are no longer SE, but programmed by Chris Kerry, just like Phonec is. CK uses his own platform, which, however, reuses some code from all the modules CK used to make, at least that is what I assume.

A next-generation monster synth for 1 euro? I'll believe it when I see it available for purchase. :shock:

e-crooner wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:53 pm Afaik, the recent versions of the ME80 and Messiah are no longer SE, but programmed by Chris Kerry, just like Phonec is. CK uses his own platform, which, however, reuses some code from all the modules CK used to make, at least that is what I assume.
Ah thank you, I didn't know it was CK that was behind these projects, for some reason I thought it was Oli Larkin.

Return to “Instruments”