Regularly Get A Site Error

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm getting this message occasionally since yesterday @ https://www.kvraudio.com.
10 minutes later site is working again. Anyone else?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I have been getting "under maintenance" messages and then all ok after a few minutes but no "contact with IP address" message.

I don't know why but at work I get an error saying "An error occurred. If this persists, please contact us with your IP address." a few times a day. The site is inaccessible when this happens and it lasts anywhere between 5 minutes and an hour.

Ideally I'd rather not share my IP address as I work in a council building but does anyone else get this? I think I've got it at home a few times too.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Never seen this happen here.

This belongs in Site Stuff, so I'll move it there. Hope you find a solution, or at least an explanation.

Thanks Meffy, it's not the end of the world as I get on with other stuff and I suspect it could be due to where I'm connecting from but it'd be interesting to know.

no
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

murnau wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:56 pm I'm getting this message occasionally since yesterday @ https://www.kvraudio.com.
10 minutes later site is working again. Anyone else?
Yea, I'm getting this often.

I've been getting that too. I made a thread about it and someone suggested my VPN settings.

Seems to be getting worse.
I tried different computers and ISPs, still get the IP error most of the time.

That makes it impossible to log in about 60% of the time.

Why the “contact us with your IP addres” thing anyway, PHP can just check $_𝚂𝙴𝚁𝚅𝙴𝚁['𝚁𝙴𝙼𝙾𝚃𝙴_𝙰𝙳𝙳𝚁'] or somesuch

This is caused by an IP address creating an unusually high number of unique sessions, causing it to be blocked temporarily until the session number drops. It helps with some unwelcome bot traffic. Cookie blocking can trigger it.

The contact us request is so we can investigate why you in particular were blocked. It shouldn't really affect normal sessions (although it has here, obviously).

The error has returned in spades.
I get the error and cant login about 75% of the time.
I am only on here once or twice a day so not generating many unique sessions.
Even posting this problem here took several attempts due to the error constantly occurring.

I kept getting 520 (?) errors yesterday saying that the site was misconfigured.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Interesting, I noticed a pattern....
If I reset my internet connection I can log in, but only for 3 clicks.
After the 3 clicks, I get the error which logs me out.
The error states, if logged in the error wont occur.
The error does occur once logged in.
I use one of the major ISPs, the IP is dynamic so its always different.
Oddly, the error is very consistent in that it occurs after 3 clicks once logged in, even with a dynamic IP.
Also, I am always getting the error after a post, so as soon as I post this report, the error will occur (if I can post it at all).
Anyone else having this issue?

Note: Was not able to post this site issue report, initially.
Had to make several attempts to get it posted.
Although my IP changed (being dynamic) the issue was consistent.

No problems here so far. What OS and Browser are you using ? Does the error occur in more than one Browser ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Site Stuff”