Add Plugin to Multiple Tracks at Once

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to add a plugin to all selected tracks at the same time instead of having to add it again and again to each individual track. I looked in the manual and didn't see anything. Adding tracks to Edit Groups didn't do it either.
I know ideally I would've started with an Edit Template that already had the plugin across all tracks but I didn't think that far ahead.
W10.4.2
Thanks for any help.

Not that I know of, but you could add to one of the tracks then duplicate the plugin onto the other tracks (offhand I think it is command+drag on the Mac?) which should be at least a bit quicker than adding it separately to each one.

Yes, the following macro will do it:

Code: Select all

var tracks = Tracktion.getSelectedEditElements ('track');
var numTracks = tracks.length;

for (var i = 0; i < numTracks; ++i)
    Tracktion.insertPlugin (tracks[i], 'DD Delay', 0, 'VST');
'DD Delay' is the plugin name, insert your own.
'0' is the position the plugin will be inserted in the track, in this case first on the track.
'VST' is the plugin type. It can be VST, VST3 or AudioUnit

AGreen wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:19 pm Yes, the following macro will do it:

'0' is the position the plugin will be inserted in the track, in this case first on the track.
I can get more macro? Maybe there are page? Thank :clap:
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

I route the output of relevant tracks to some empty track and put the plugin in that empty track.

harvon wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:50 pm I route the output of relevant tracks to some empty track and put the plugin in that empty track.
That is fine as long as the plugin will have the same settings for all of the individual tracks and will not have a unique chain of additional plugins coming after it for the individual tracks and you are not routing the output of the individual tracks to different places after they get processed by the plugin and ... and ...

imstre wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:31 pm I can get more macro? Maybe there are page? Thank :clap:
Yes you can add your own macros in the keyboard shortcut page in the settings tab. Click on the "Show api" in the script editor window to see the available commands.

There's also the "Compilation of Working Macros" sticky thread you can take a look at. It has a lot of macros you can use.

fde101 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:58 pm That is fine as long as the plugin will have the same settings for all of the individual tracks and will not have a unique chain of additional plugins coming after it for the individual tracks and you are not routing the output of the individual tracks to different places after they get processed by the plugin and ... and ...
Yes, it can get complicated. I haven't ever read about multibus effects with individual settings for each bus. Propably not a good idea.

You could use submixes so long as you want to process all the tracks with the same set of plugins (bus processing). Otherwise, what fde101 suggested is a very quick way to add the same plugins to the tracks you desire.

The macro from AGreen should be a good option too if you frequently want to add the same plugin(s) to a number of tracks.

It shouldn't be hard to modify that to add several plugins for that matter as long as they are the same ones on each selected track.

AGreen wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:19 pm Yes, the following macro will do it:

Yes, this is exactly what I needed to add Neutron3 to all the rendered tracks before I start mixing.
Big thanks for sharing this code.

fde101 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:56 am The macro from AGreen should be a good option too if you frequently want to add the same plugin(s) to a number of tracks.

It shouldn't be hard to modify that to add several plugins for that matter as long as they are the same ones on each selected track.
Yes, it's useful for adding plugins you use all the time or that you invariably add to multiple tracks when you use them. You can create a seperate macro for each plugin, but it's not practical for handling hundreds of them.

Not the same, but related: if you pretty much always use some plugins, create a template, instead of adding them after the fact.

Presets are another way to add favorite VSTs to tracks very quickly, especially if you have different preferred presets in the same VST.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Return to “Tracktion”