Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

chk071 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:55 pm
TheMaestro wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:16 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:30 am I don't have a problem with collecting user data, if it's transparent. NI also does metrics. Helps to tailor the software to the user's need, a.k.a. "they hear on every user's wish!".

It might be different here, and, it also might be the reason why the synth is so cheap, but, hell... I don't get all this "evil business" stuff anyway. Esepcially in such a small business, almost every business is getting an evil eye when they want to make sure that dinner is on the table in the evening. Don't get it, really. In a world where there is currency, everyone has to make sure to make a living. I doubt any of the people always blaming companies who do so work for free in their day job, so...
What has “working for free” and “dinner on the table” have to do with collecting data?
If this is the business model, which seems to be the terrible norm these days, I really wish you would go out of business.

NI even collects city and country. Tell me how that improves the product. And has their usage data collection ever amounted to anything?
Do you want me to teach you how companies are earning money by collecting and processing data now?
The point, that you somehow missed, is (especially) if you're a VST developer and your business model is based on user data collection, you really deserve to go out of business.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

Stryves wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:21 am
NatLife wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:20 pm Guys, anyone compared this synth to the top line of VST's?
It's not even released yet...
ah, i thought it was) alot of demos on youtube, but i feel some double opinion about sound quality
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

One of the most accurate posts I've read here. Nothing to do with this thread, of course.
Last edited by claudedefaren on Wed May 05, 2021 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NatLife wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:19 pm
Stryves wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:21 am
NatLife wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:20 pm Guys, anyone compared this synth to the top line of VST's?
It's not even released yet...
ah, i thought it was) alot of demos on youtube, but i feel some double opinion about sound quality
from the YT vids and specs, it's not great.

for virtually free, it's ok

im not gonna slag the bloke off, it's peanuts, but not even on my radar

if you own any decent synth, it's prob not on yours...

Hi Guys,

To answer one of the most frequently asked question whether the Genesis is 32 or 64 bit, it's unfortunately 32bit and It's windows only. I know, I would have seen it differently as well. But the project has become so huge and complex over time that it is not easy to port it to 64bit/mac. Having that said it's not impossible and I am checking all the possibilities. 

I started this project 8 years ago with my passion for sound, synthesis and with the ambition to share my creation, my knowledge with as many people as possible.
Nonetheless I still hope that the Genesis can help you with your creative process.

NextGen wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:06 pm ...
Works for me, but why not make it 2euro and hire a programmer to port it in the future :shrug:

NextGen wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:06 pm Hi Guys,

To answer one of the most frequently asked question whether the Genesis is 32 or 64 bit, it's unfortunately 32bit and It's windows only. I know, I would have seen it differently as well. But the project has become so huge and complex over time that it is not easy to port it to 64bit/mac. Having that said it's not impossible and I am checking all the possibilities. 

I started this project 8 years ago with my passion for sound, synthesis and with the ambition to share my creation, my knowledge with as many people as possible.
Nonetheless I still hope that the Genesis can help you with your creative process.
Thank you for your honesty! I'm going to buy it anyway as I think it sounds great and I really dig its functionalities. You probably did the best SE synth of all time! :tu:

SampleScience wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:24 pm You probably did the best SE synth of all time! :tu:
Even better than Sylenth1? Let's see. :wink:

It's a shame that it's only 32 bits but I'll buy it anyway.

Thank you for the explanation, buying it still!

Will buy it even if it was 5€
Still hoping that it'd become x64 :D

Could talk to Adam Szabo, he has converted his stuff to 64bit. Even Viper was first 32bit :wink:
Though might take longer for all the stuff you put into yours.
btw Adam, wheres dat sale? :lol: jk jk

NextGen wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:06 pm But the project has become so huge and complex over time that it is not easy to port it to 64bit/mac. Having that said it's not impossible and I am checking all the possibilities. 
:tu:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

izonin wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:36 pm
SampleScience wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:24 pm You probably did the best SE synth of all time! :tu:
Sylenth1 has always been programmed in C++. SynthEdit was used for some UI stuff only.
I5-8600K, 16 GB, Presonus Audiobox USB 96, Fl Studio, Reason 11, Studio One 5 Artist.

gruberman wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:39 pm
izonin wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:36 pm
Sylenth1 has always been programmed in C++. SynthEdit was used for some UI stuff only.
Genesis Pro is built with SEMs (32-bit modules written in C++). Under the hood they are both coded in C++.

Return to “Instruments”