DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

gumba wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:29 am
moss wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:49 pm 1) Check if you have maybe multiple users?!
2) Check the Bitwig log file for errors:
C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Bitwig Studio\BitwigStudio.log
When you say "multiple users," so you mean multiple accounts on that computer?
or multiple licenses on that copy/purchase of BitWig.
Obviously, if I'm using BitWig on my Mac Tower and my Mac Laptop, I've got multiple licenses on the same account.

I cannot find that specific folder-tree ("Application Support") on my Mac.
Is that PC location ?

Looking around at your "master" package... do I (still) need to install Maven ?
Ah, you are on Mac, then ignore what I wrote before.
No, there is no need to install anything additionally. I do not recall the location of the log file from memory on Mac (cannot check before Saturday). Maybe a Mac user can chime in.
Last edited by moss on Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dern.
Any Mac users know why this is happening ?

<deleted duplicate>
Last edited by moss on Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

<delete duplicate>

moss wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:42 amI suggest to wait and test with the next Bitwig update, which hopefully pops up soon...

:hihi:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Help please Trying to install push4bitwig i have put files in correct place but in bitwig cant see or add push controller its not there

Hi there,
Can you give me a tip or say a solution. I use the Push 1 with bitwig 3.1.2 and it works great with the last version of moss. Only when I play on the pads I often have the notes break off when I play, even though I keep the pad pressed. It happens irregularly that I can hardly understand the error. I have the suspicion that I have to adjust the pads differently or that some kind of data might be received. To test whether the push is defective I installed Ableton demo. There are no failures. I appreciate any help because the push is my only input device.

I hope that Google translate makes not so much confusion :)

markchantler wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:58 pm Help please Trying to install push4bitwig i have put files in correct place but in bitwig cant see or add push controller its not there
Push4Bitwig is outdated, use DrivenByMoss from here: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html
On that page you can find also a link to the Installation documentation.

esq1 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:51 pm Hi there,
Can you give me a tip or say a solution. I use the Push 1 with bitwig 3.1.2 and it works great with the last version of moss. Only when I play on the pads I often have the notes break off when I play, even though I keep the pad pressed. It happens irregularly that I can hardly understand the error. I have the suspicion that I have to adjust the pads differently or that some kind of data might be received. To test whether the push is defective I installed Ableton demo. There are no failures. I appreciate any help because the push is my only input device.

I hope that Google translate makes not so much confusion :)
Sorry, absolutely no idea, never had such an issue.

I have this issues if I play longer notes. Holding chords and change the fingers. If you play short notes, drums, bass plug sounds no problem.
Thanks a lot for your help. I take a longer look and I hope I find the problem.

hi and thanks for the reply, I have done exactly what the installation docs said but push does not light up and i cant see push in the add controllers menu, i did have push4bitwig working about a year ago and remember i has to run a cmd to get the display working I have also got kontrols49 connected and thats working fine any suggestions pulling my hair out here I need to switch to bitwig its amazing

markchantler wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:43 am hi and thanks for the reply, I have done exactly what the installation docs said but push does not light up and i cant see push in the add controllers menu, i did have push4bitwig working about a year ago and remember i has to run a cmd to get the display working I have also got kontrols49 connected and thats working fine any suggestions pulling my hair out here I need to switch to bitwig its amazing
If you want help you need to give some info, as a start:
- What is your OS? Windows, Mac, Linux?
- What EXACTLY are you doing? Which file did you download? Where did you put DrivenByMoss.extension?

Hi using windows 10
downloaded DrivenByMoss-8.70-Bitwig
Put that in Documets/bitwig studio/controller script (unzipped)
Then launch Bitwig and turn on Push2
Then look for add controllers, but cant see Push listed anywhere
Cheers :)

markchantler wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:55 pm Hi using windows 10
downloaded DrivenByMoss-8.70-Bitwig
Put that in Documets/bitwig studio/controller script (unzipped)
Then launch Bitwig and turn on Push2
Then look for add controllers, but cant see Push listed anywhere
Cheers :)
Cough cough, as the Installation says the folder is "Extensions" not "Controller Scripts" :D

I am using Kontrol S61 MK1 byMoss. Your extension ist great but for me the encoder sensitivity is too high. even with holding shift it is still fast. Is there a way to change the sensitivity?

I have set one colour for each octave with the NI controller editor for my S61 but they leave when using your extension. Do you have an idea how to keep them?

Return to “Controller Scripting”