W11 Beta's Up!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thank you!

Captngeetch wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:02 pm
chico.co.uk wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:27 pm If you go into Settings / Midi Devices, does it show the Faderport input and output there?
Are both set to Enabled?

If it doesn't show there, check you don't have "Only show enabled devices" turned on.
Thanx ! You pointed me in the right direction. It was listed on the output only. Set it on the input, put the FP into MCU mode and it was available at last. Faders popped into action the second I selected it...thanx again.
Nice one. Looks a nice bit of kit that, glad to hear you got it working
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

How does the arranger track interact with tempo changes?

It doesn't at the moment because it's impossible to copy/move sections if they intersect a tempo ramp (i.e. a curved section). This is because there's no way to reconstruct the time period that the curved section will take up.

I might be able to look at some simpler use cases this week though when there are only steps in tempo changes and no curves.

Time sig changes will be kept and transferred with the arrange operations.

dRowAudio wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:40 pm This is because there's no way to reconstruct the time period that the curved section will take up.
Why not move/copy the tempo curve along with the clips? Insert a keyframe at each end...

Because there's no way to do that if you have something like this:
Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 10.44.38.png
You can find the tempo at the start/end of the section but you can't reconstruct the curve exactly if you move add new points.
So by doing that, you'll change the time that section takes up and break the way the Edit sounds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh, because of the lack of control points... gotcha.

The clips that fall under the arranger clip would still adjust to the new tempo though, right?

In the past I've noticed that tempo automation can shift around the position and timing of midi clips if you delete sections of time.

Probably a niche use case there. That said, basically every metal song uses tempo changes. Writing sections, arranging them, and then setting the tempo after would probably be a solid workaround.

Hi all, trying out W11 beta.
Want to add, to the buttons panel, not quite sure what TSC are calling them.
Does any one have a macro for these?
Midi short cuts: Select all notes in clip
& Select all note with the same pitch.
Don't have a scubby doo how to write them. Thanks in advance.
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

terrynoakes wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:13 pm Hi all, trying out W11 beta.
You don't need to create macros for these actions as they already exist in the actions menu/sidebar. From what I've read you can add both actions and macros to the new buttons panel so you'll have to work out how to add existing actions. I can't help you with that as I don't have access to the beta but I'm sure it's possible.

AGreen wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:02 pm
terrynoakes wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:13 pm Hi all, trying out W11 beta.
You don't need to create macros for these actions as they already exist in the actions menu/sidebar. From what I've read you can add both actions and macros to the new buttons panel so you'll have to work out how to add existing actions. I can't help you with that as I don't have access to the beta but I'm sure it's possible.
Yeah they are there in the drop down menu, but they don't seem to be there, when right clicking to add them to the buttons, using assign action menu.
Unless I've missed them.
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

Minor complaint: In the projects menu, any attempt to organize projects (moving them around, creating new ones, etc.) still causes all subfolders to pop open. This makes it difficult to organize many projects.

on linux, it refuses to see my waverazor plugin.

"Appear to be plugins but failed to load Waverazor.so"

waverazor is 2.1.6 (latest).

dragging a plugin '+' icon to a track, it floats and is about 5 seconds behind so its.. like a ghost. lags until it drops onto the track. very odd.

the waverazor thing, I dug around. "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found"
ls -laFh /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/

Code: Select all

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   19 Sep  6 01:27 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl-gnutls.so.3 -> libcurl-gnutls.so.4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   23 Sep  6 01:27 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl-gnutls.so.4 -> libcurl-gnutls.so.4.5.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 499K Sep  6 01:27 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl-gnutls.so.4.5.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   16 Sep  6 01:27 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4 -> libcurl.so.4.5.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 507K Sep  6 01:27 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4.5.0
so waverazor wants curl3 and ubuntu18 is running curl4

rocksteady@workstation:/tmp/q/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu$ strings /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4|grep CURL_
CURL_OPENSSL_4

so grabbing an older version LD_PRELOAD=libcurl.so.4 Waveform11 loads + detects Waverazor but
dropping it on a track, double clicking does nothing with sandbox on, sandbox off, it loads...

Hi!
I can’t call plugins' context menus by two-fingers’ tap on macbook trackpad/right mouse click. Menus are showing only if I press ctrl+left mouse/one-finger tap. I’ve had this bug since W9. Please, help :-D
Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/skhp4mohi4qup ... 8.mov?dl=0

Return to “Tracktion”