[Intro pricing extended] Available now: T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

jinotsuh wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:47 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:42 pm
Squids wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:02 am Ok, so getting back on topic, it looks like Sunset Sound Studio Reverb is likely to be released some time next week. Not sure exactly when yet.
Ah, yes I did read that, although I didn't lock it in due to the "likely to be released" part, all I read prior to that was 'February' which could have been the following week. Don't forget about the Amplitube Satriani Pack now :)
Well I was wondering, because I looked and that Squids post was far less wordy than most... :D

I haven't heard anything about a Total Studio 3 MAX either and like Peter said that could be awhile. I think it's more a matter of how long one can hold out for all of those, not even knowing when, if or how much a product that hasn't been announced will be. Logic would suggest it'll be coming at some point and probably a great deal if it did but... can't count those chickens before they're hatched! ;)

For me, the new products you mentioned such as ST4, Modo Drum, Hammond B3X, Tape Machines plus AmpliTube Brian May are already some of my most popular go to plug-ins in addition to Sunset Sound Studio Reverb. But, of course, that's the point of the products... to be enticing and irresistible to certain people.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:59 pm Well I was wondering, because I looked and that Squids post was far less wordy than most... :D
I'm dialing that back as you can see. Getting tired! haha

Squids wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:10 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:59 pm Well I was wondering, because I looked and that Squids post was far less wordy than most... :D
I'm dialing that back as you can see. Getting tired! haha
Sadly. :wink:

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:46 pm Not sure what Sunset Sound Studios used for delay, but a Sunset Sound Studio Delay plugin would be very cool I think depending on how they used delay!
I'll be at Sunset Sound on Monday the 24th in Studio 1 and Wednesday the 26th in Studio 3 with Warren Huart and special guests. Both days will be streaming with the second one being more official and on Warren's popular YouTube Channel "Produce Like A Pro". For the first one, I'll probably just be streaming from my phone since I'm getting into using the iRig Stream interface that lets you plug direct stereo audio in and a lav mic (or headset mic) quickly right into your phone instead of using lazy phone audio which I've often done. The first day will probably just be shared on IK Multimedia's social media like FB and/or Instagram. I'll be more specific when it gets closer as it was just booked today.

Anyway, it'll be interactive and I can actually show you guys what's in the studio more or less. The main thing would be the room and chamber of Studio 1 that day but I'll give a tour of the control room too and can investigate what good fun stuff might be there. I'll show you guys the modified API console they have and perhaps how the signal flow works so you can see what was modeled inside SSSR. Lots of things I'm thrilled to do for people who are interested and at least friendly and respectful of my time. I'll also be showing some A/B demos I talked about where you can both see and hear how it's done at the studio vs. how you can do it in the plug-in. It'll be fun and educational!

I can vividly remember listening to Van Halen I (album) with my older brother back in 1978.
So with this plug I can finally mimic EVH's brown sound as a whole?
I mean, pan dry left and wet with original plate reverb right?

:phones:

And a big bag of coke smack bang in the middle :wink:
No auto tune...

Etienne1973 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:07 am I can vividly remember listening to Van Halen I (album) with my older brother back in 1978.
So with this plug I can finally mimic EVH's brown sound as a whole?
I mean, pan dry left and wet with original plate reverb right?

:phones:
You might get some answers from this. Warren Huart is who will also be joining me at the studio on the 26th through his channel Produce Like A Pro to dig more into the ambiences of the studio and also the plug-in which he's thrilled to have and use being a huge fan of the studio. This is a fun video he did on his own going into details about Van Halen 1 showing you cool things at the studio and various things about how that album was originally made at Sunset Sound Recorders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpiZCV5iUU4

Squids wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:20 am
SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:46 pm Not sure what Sunset Sound Studios used for delay, but a Sunset Sound Studio Delay plugin would be very cool I think depending on how they used delay!
I'll be at Sunset Sound on Monday the 24th in Studio 1 and Wednesday the 26th in Studio 3 with Warren Huart and special guests. Both days will be streaming with the second one being more official and on Warren's popular YouTube Channel "Produce Like A Pro". For the first one, I'll probably just be streaming from my phone since I'm getting into using the iRig Stream interface that lets you plug direct stereo audio in and a lav mic (or headset mic) quickly right into your phone instead of using lazy phone audio which I've often done. The first day will probably just be shared on IK Multimedia's social media like FB and/or Instagram. I'll be more specific when it gets closer as it was just booked today.

Anyway, it'll be interactive and I can actually show you guys what's in the studio more or less. The main thing would be the room and chamber of Studio 1 that day but I'll give a tour of the control room too and can investigate what good fun stuff might be there. I'll show you guys the modified API console they have and perhaps how the signal flow works so you can see what was modeled inside SSSR. Lots of things I'm thrilled to do for people who are interested and at least friendly and respectful of my time. I'll also be showing some A/B demos I talked about where you can both see and hear how it's done at the studio vs. how you can do it in the plug-in. It'll be fun and educational!
Sounds great I will definitely be tuning in! Maybe IK could do a complete emulation in t-racks of that modified API console as well?!?! Would be sick for sure!

I’ve had the opportunity to record at many great studios but have yet to get into sunset sound so I will be excited to see how they run everything.

I know you have to be focused on the plugin while there but just pan around every now and again so we can see some glorious gear :)

And who knows IK may be able to do a whole series of Sunset Sound plugins (I know, one can dream!)

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:04 pm
Sounds great I will definitely be tuning in! Maybe IK could do a complete emulation in t-racks of that modified API console as well?!?! Would be sick for sure!

I’ve had the opportunity to record at many great studios but have yet to get into sunset sound so I will be excited to see how they run everything.

I know you have to be focused on the plugin while there but just pan around every now and again so we can see some glorious gear :)

And who knows IK may be able to do a whole series of Sunset Sound plugins (I know, one can dream!)
For the studio visits I have a general agenda of things I want to accomplish that would be fun and interesting. One of them WILL be to "pan around" haha. But, actually, you get a nice look at Studio 1 in Warren's video above. You can see the racks in the control room to get an idea of what's used there. Although, they have a lot of great floating gear racks and one of the ones that had me particularly excited was the 176 which is, I believe, the tube predecessor to the 1176 (and I think that's the one Retro remade... which I've always been tempted to get in hardware). That and other things at the studio like individual channel strip plug-ins etc. are definitely on my "request list". Most geared stuff anyone could want from a studio like this you can imagine I've already been lobbying for it.

Bring your cowbell, and EXPLORE THE ROOM!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:57 pm Bring your cowbell, and EXPLORE THE ROOM!
For a second I thought you were kidding (the million and one "more cowbell" jokes) but actually it's not a bad idea. I did do this with a snare hit in all three live rooms. I might do a few more transient sounds like that. But, I also personally like to hear musical instruments being played, or a full drum groove or vocal tracks to get some context in how it would be used as opposed to the clinical test. Depends what it is but I'll keep exploring and trying things. Right now I'm actually playing around with isolated Doors tracks I found. If you want to hear the echo chamber of Studio 1 there's no better "demonstration" of the original than this!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk3sW9r ... =emb_title

Now if I could get this vocal track dry I could run it through the plug-in! Or I could do my best Jim Morisson impression myself... eh... or see if some Doors tribute band has a guy who sounds very close so we can get a decent AB comparison. Best would be the dry track if it wasn't printed this way with the reverb on tape (it might have been).

Squids wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:20 pm
Bombadil wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:57 pm Bring your cowbell, and EXPLORE THE ROOM!
For a second I thought you were kidding (the million and one "more cowbell" jokes) but actually it's not a bad idea. I did do this with a snare hit in all three live rooms. I might do a few more transient sounds like that. But, I also personally like to hear musical instruments being played, or a full drum groove or vocal tracks to get some context in how it would be used as opposed to the clinical test. Depends what it is but I'll keep exploring and trying things. Right now I'm actually playing around with isolated Doors tracks I found. If you want to hear the echo chamber of Studio 1 there's no better "demonstration" of the original than this!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk3sW9r ... =emb_title

Now if I could get this vocal track dry I could run it through the plug-in! Or I could do my best Jim Morisson impression myself... eh... or see if some Doors tribute band has a guy who sounds very close so we can get a decent AB comparison. Best would be the dry track if it wasn't printed this way with the reverb on tape (it might have been).
I'd like to hear a percussion section a la Art Blakey's The African Beat or Orgy In Rhythm

Percussion would be cool. I'll have to think about how that can be best shown. For me, I'm mostly interested in hearing and showing rock music elements that the studio is most known for. So, the sound of vocals, electric guitars, drums and things like that... maybe some vintage keys. There's only so much time I can really just hang in the studio and it's always in between actual bookings from paying clients. I am now in touch with Bruce Botnick who produced and engineered The Doors. Mark Linett who remixed Beach Boys' Pet Sounds and did Brian Wilson's Smile absolutely loves the plug-in and he's tough to please. He was raving about it to Bruce and that got me an introduction!

Those are people who would know if the plug-in nailed what it was going for or not so I'm glad to see them get into it. It can get a little distracting and confusing when you see complaints like there were in this thread but then there's the reality check with pro engineers, including the ones who recorded the famous albums at the studio to begin with. But, I had a feeling they would love it because it's the same reason I do. It gets you that sound authentically and it even honors the studio because it's a plug-in done with them.

Yesssss... The Bruce Botnick news was super exciting to hear.

Speaking of hearing, did we gloss over that there were more audio demos added at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/t ... hp?p=audio ?

Return to “Effects”