Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

AnX wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:40 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:08 pm This thread has got me thinking. So this would have been the best synth ever made...only if it wasn't 32bit? 8)

no, not even close
What a disappointment then. :cry:
No signature here!

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:37 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:10 pm :D

I actually wanted to add that, admittedly, he actually told people to fk off, but then decided against it...
tbf to wok, if you read his reply in context with the post he quoted, hes got a point.

as i said earlier, nothing wrong with "aww no, 32bit only, i wont be able to use it"

whereas things like "its a joke in 2020" or even worse imo "its a scam..." are a bit messed up.

i think thats what pushed wok to say that, not that everyone who cant use it should f**k off, just the cock wombles.
Yeah, calling it a scam is surely not OK. The technical part of his post is just not true though. 64-bit has obvious advantages, that's why everyone switches to it. Apple already made Mac OS X 64-bit only, and, they're just consistent. Windows has always been backwards compatibility, it's necessary for enterprises, so, they can't be that consistent. I think it's about time for software devs to do the switch, and, I'm sure we will see more and more 64-bit software.

Anyway, I wrote much more to this than I wanted. The dev has stated his reasons, fine for me.

I guess what really annoys me is that advocating for 32-bit software... as if it would be a oldtimer car. It really has no appeal, it's just deprecated tech, nothing more.
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aren't there any kinds of discrimination laws that protect 64bit only people though? I'm pretty sure it's illegal to release a 32bit only plugin these days.
No signature here!

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:46 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:37 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:10 pm :D

I actually wanted to add that, admittedly, he actually told people to fk off, but then decided against it...
tbf to wok, if you read his reply in context with the post he quoted, hes got a point.

as i said earlier, nothing wrong with "aww no, 32bit only, i wont be able to use it"

whereas things like "its a joke in 2020" or even worse imo "its a scam..." are a bit messed up.

i think thats what pushed wok to say that, not that everyone who cant use it should f**k off, just the cock wombles.
Yeah, calling it a scam is surely not OK.
nope.
i know i can be an idiot at times, but id never go as far as to accuse someone of a scam, unless it was blatantly cryosonik or something ;)

and for everyone...

theres a way to "complain" that doesnt have to include insults and accusations.
try to create debate not shut it down.

and try to remember, theres more synths out there already than you can use, one more ypu cant, is not a f**king issue. and if it is an issue for you, then :hug: as you clearly have bigger issues...

:tu:

teilo wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:54 am
rezoneight wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:53 pm
teilo wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:50 pm
rezoneight wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:26 pm Dont know about Linux but there are no options on MacOS Catalina. If you're on Mojave or previous it should be possible.
Not true. If you have either a Windows VM (I use Parallels for this) or a Windows machine on your network, there is Vienna Ensemble Pro. It is a brilliant piece of software that allows you to load a VST in their server software, and connect to it with a VST/VST3/AU in your Mac DAW of choice, over the network, at low latencies, with full parameter automation, side-chaining, delay compensation, the works. It isn't cheap (€199), but nothing else works so well.

You can also run a Mojave VM, and use VEP to do Mac-to-Mac hosting for any old Mac 32-bit plugins.

Lots of pros use this to offload CPU-heavy plugins to external machines.
Why would I do this? Its like saying yeah I can get heated seats in my car by throwing a heating pad over the seat and plugging it into the cigarette lighter. I mean honestly yes these are options to counter my statement of "no options". But Catalina is 64-bit only. Sure you can run a VM or run the things off-system, etc. But at that point why would I bother for a $1 plugin? Too much work when it likely isn't going to give me anything that I can't get in the billion or so 64-bit plugins I already own.

If 32-bit is that important for you then running Mojave directly on the hardware and skipping the Catalina upgrade is probably the way to go.
Well, obviously for a $1 plugin, you wouldn't. That would be crazy.

But when you have this tool in your toolbox, it really does open up everything to Mac, including the many plugins that are Windows-only. And of course, the most powerful use of this tool is offloading plugins to other machines entirely. It's especially useful for massive sample libraries.
Oh, no not questioning the usefulness of the Vienna thing. Can totally see the utility there.

This thread has been a rollercoaster :lol:

Would be cool to see some examples of making some patches

All about that workflow imho.
So far easiest for me is still ANA2 as there's not a lot of menu diving, also has a chord mode, and tons of other things that you can find easily.

anttimaatteri wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:24 pm
SiloCybin wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:11 am Damn Oz! Releasing such a nice 32bit only synth in 2020 is such a let down. Maybe you could team up with another VST company and remake it in 64bit and for mac as well. I mean, at this point your target audience is 2001-2014 Windows XP users. I hope you have a time machine!
i am on a 64bit win10, running renoise which loads all the good 32bit plugins. ;D
u dont need a 32bit os to run 32bit plugins. unfortuneately ableton went the full 64bit onyl way. but theres bitwig ;D which loads 32bit plugins too.
I use Ableton Live 9 and Reason 10 (both at 64bit)... not about to switch daws over one plug in bro, :ud: I know all you bitwig/renoise heads are using this as a chance to advertise your daw but no thanx

Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:12 pm
rezoneight wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:18 am Yeah he should have quit if he wasn't going to try to adapt.
Once again: Please, be respectful.
That implies that what I said was disrespectful, which it wasn't. It was a statement of what I think. I didn't say the guy was a scam artist, or a jerk, or anything else. And clearly the guy doesn't agree and could tell me to go pound sand if he wanted. In fact I said the thing sounded great and more power to him if he can make $$ selling the soundsets. That said I don't respect the decision to drag something on for 8 years all the while sticking with the exact same technology you started with. I simply don't understand why you'd spend that much time on a "labor of love" that ends up keeping it out of the hands of a bunch of people. But he had the time to create slick videos and everything else to sell the thing. Contrast this directly with Steve Duda of Xfer who learned C++ to create Serum. *That* guy I respect.

Thats all I'm going to say on this. No point in discussing further since I'm not going to change anyone's mind and you're not going to change mine.

SiloCybin wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:11 pm
anttimaatteri wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:24 pm
SiloCybin wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:11 am Damn Oz! Releasing such a nice 32bit only synth in 2020 is such a let down. Maybe you could team up with another VST company and remake it in 64bit and for mac as well. I mean, at this point your target audience is 2001-2014 Windows XP users. I hope you have a time machine!
i am on a 64bit win10, running renoise which loads all the good 32bit plugins. ;D
u dont need a 32bit os to run 32bit plugins. unfortuneately ableton went the full 64bit onyl way. but theres bitwig ;D which loads 32bit plugins too.
I use Ableton Live 9 and Reason 10 (both at 64bit)... not about to switch daws over one plug in bro, :ud: I know all you bitwig/renoise heads are using this as a chance to advertise your daw but no thanx
watch out your back, bitwig users evrywhere!...... my main daw combi is ableton10 and renoise. and i even bought reason just to test it out after all those years denying it. same i did with bitwig, which lost the battle.

Is it only gona be 32 bit vst?

vurt wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:37 pm .... cock wombles.
Yoink. Using that from now on :hihi:
Eternitysound VST Banks

Hey guys, im a part time (almost full time) musician, producer soon to be grammy winner working 96 hours a week at the office (regular job) with children and wife. i have almost all popular synths. But thinking i need additional synth to make those plucky bass sounds at the nights of fool moon to sound more digital then analogue. Is this synth worth 1 euro? Will i be making a better music? What is your advice? Will i be able to finaly finish my hit song with this synth?

I will pay a whopping $2.0 for a 64-bit Windows version :wink:

Need to ask something Ummet - is this legid download of Genesis CM:
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... is&id=2762

Return to “Instruments”