New Freakshow Industries - Mishby

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Neon Breath
KVRAF
3559 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:19 pm

Technically, any idea what’s going on under the hood with this badboy?

Niowiad
KVRian
552 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Re: New Freakshow Industries - Mishby

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:06 pm

This is 100% NOT 100% accurate :hihi: Just the impressions I got from checking out the plugin through some analyzers. There's much likely more stuff going on under the hood than just what I'm about to write.

MAIN AREA
  • "QUALTY" seems to mainly acts as a shallow lowpass filter at the end of the signal path, to tame harshness (since the plugin can generate a lot of it).
  • "DIST" is more like saturation, not that strong
  • "XXXXX", as its said in the plugin itself is intermodulation distortion, much harsher distortion effect
  • "NOISE" added noise of the cassette player
  • "SELFCARE" (the lever in the top-right corner) sounds like a frequency shifter to me, and as such, it can mess everything up very fast.
  • "DCD" sounds like the sample rate reduction option on some bitcrusher plugins, but I don't really know

DESYNC
This is basically the "tape wow" effect section
  • "RATE" of the tape wow (full spectrum)
  • "DLTA" acts as the wow amount (full spectrum)
  • "L-M-H" ... the signal is actually split over 3 frequency bands (crossovers at 300 and 3k Hz), and each band gets a dedicated LFO for the "tape wow" effect. Each of the 3 faders will change the LFO phase so that each frequency band will wobble "independently", creating further chaos and decorrelation.

GLITCH
This is the only section with an actual explanation for each fader, when you click on the eye icon in the bottom-right corner

dionenoid
KVRian
572 posts since 3 Jan, 2019 from Holland

Post Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Pretty crazy plug-in. Awesome graphics :hihi:

It's a shame it's missing basic functions like volume and/or mix (miss this in their other plugs too). And a sync function for the desync section would be nice.
More BPM please

dangayle
KVRian
1100 posts since 30 Mar, 2014

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:16 am

Awww yish

AsPeeXXXVIII
KVRian
532 posts since 17 Aug, 2015 from Finland

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:49 am

Intriguing.
"Creativity is a lot like sex. When it's spontaneous, it's good, but forcing it makes it bad."
My metal music | My electronic music

Neon Breath
KVRAF
3559 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:34 am

Niowiad wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:06 pm
This is 100% NOT 100% accurate :hihi: Just the impressions I got from checking out the plugin through some analyzers. There's much likely more stuff going on under the hood than just what I'm about to write.

MAIN AREA
  • "QUALTY" seems to mainly acts as a shallow lowpass filter at the end of the signal path, to tame harshness (since the plugin can generate a lot of it).
  • "DIST" is more like saturation, not that strong
  • "XXXXX", as its said in the plugin itself is intermodulation distortion, much harsher distortion effect
  • "NOISE" added noise of the cassette player
  • "SELFCARE" (the lever in the top-right corner) sounds like a frequency shifter to me, and as such, it can mess everything up very fast.
  • "DCD" sounds like the sample rate reduction option on some bitcrusher plugins, but I don't really know

DESYNC
This is basically the "tape wow" effect section
  • "RATE" of the tape wow (full spectrum)
  • "DLTA" acts as the wow amount (full spectrum)
  • "L-M-H" ... the signal is actually split over 3 frequency bands (crossovers at 300 and 3k Hz), and each band gets a dedicated LFO for the "tape wow" effect. Each of the 3 faders will change the LFO phase so that each frequency band will wobble "independently", creating further chaos and decorrelation.

GLITCH
This is the only section with an actual explanation for each fader, when you click on the eye icon in the bottom-right corner
Much appreciated! :tu:

Return to “Effects”