Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:27 am
planetearth wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:15 amAnd while there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, it's a shame Korg had to rely on what amounts to the "smoke and mirrors" of "Hyper Integrated" whateveritis. I have the rest of the Korg DLC, and I love the M1, the WaveStation, and the rest. But they don't pretend to be more than what they are.
Well, M1 had AI synthesis ("Advanced Integrated"). But this is not where they started with marketing monikers... It's all a pretty normal thing in hardware realm, even in some software too.
I know you follow some of these synths and their technology fairly closely, @EvilDragon. Do you have any idea what Korg is implying “Integrated” means in these cases? Or should we just assume that Korg doesn’t know what “Integrated” means in the first place? 😉

Korg makes great synths—hardware and software. The synths can speak for themselves, just as they’ve done for decades. They don’t need to be “Hyper” hyped.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

It means nothing. Trust me, it's a bog standard rompler. The "integrated" moniker is as meaningless as the "hyper" part. It's just 2 random 90s buzz words.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Yeah it's just a buzzword. However in M1's time it was maybe a bit more plausible, because M1 did integrate PCM playback with synthesis, along with workstation features with at that time unmatched multitimbrality (8 parts), sequencer, and FX units... Still the best selling hardware synth to date.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:03 am Yeah it's just a buzzword. However in M1's time it was maybe a bit more plausible, because M1 did integrate PCM playback with synthesis, along with workstation features with at that time unmatched multitimbrality (8 parts), sequencer, and FX units... Still the best selling hardware synth to date.
There was a time when M1 was king.
It was the number 1 selling synth and cost over $2000.
8 parts multitimbral was considered seriously impressive and the sounds were stellar.
Legendary in its time.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:03 am Yeah it's just a buzzword. However in M1's time it was maybe a bit more plausible, because M1 did integrate PCM playback with synthesis, along with workstation features with at that time unmatched multitimbrality (8 parts), sequencer, and FX units... Still the best selling hardware synth to date.
Ben H wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:55 am It means nothing. Trust me, it's a bog standard rompler. The "integrated" moniker is as meaningless as the "hyper" part. It's just 2 random 90s buzz words.
It's sad that they feel they still need to hype the synth today. It's made its mark, and doesn't need what's obviously a nonsense term. Like @EvilDragon says, the M1 did appear to offer more "integration", some of it in ways that were actually new. And back then, Korg had taken a bit of a gamble on the thing. The TRITON simply waltzed in through a door the M1 had already kicked down.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

They don't "feel the need to hype the synth today," the naming decision was already made way back in the 90s.
It's just a name for their PCM engine. Much like Yamaha had AWM (Advanced Wave Memory), for their PCM engine.
The other manufacturers had their own variants, but the names escape me atm.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:42 am They don't "feel the need to hype the synth today," the naming decision was already made way back in the 90s.
It's just a name for their PCM engine. Much like Yamaha had AWM (Advanced Wave Memory), for their PCM engine.
The other manufacturers had their own variants, but the names escape me atm.
True, but they make a point of mentioning it at least twice, prominently on the TRITON page on their site: "The plug-in faithfully reproduces the HI (Hyper Integrated) synthesis system down to the smallest details..." and "...the KORG Collection TRITON is a complete reproduction of TRITON’s HI (Hyper Integrated) synthesis system".

You'd think they'd know we're all a bit more savvy now, and we just roll our eyes at this sort of thing.

Steve

This would be really great!

sleazekeys wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:40 am If anyone's interested, I made a short video with both the original and recreated sounds in one of the original demos "Deep Cut".
For some reason the Triton recording is not recorded correctly (it sounds like maybe you're hitting the converters too hot with the input gain level as the Triton's level slider is only at about 50% on the video, and there may be some mono/stereo phase issues too - or something!)

The original track is by Scott Frankfurt. Paolo Principi has posted an incomplete (fades early) version on his SoundCloud here. Compare this recording's electric piano sound at about 42 seconds in.. its barely audible in your Youtube version. Nice you took the time btw, just pointing it out as any differences will appear greater due to the recording problems..
https://soundcloud.com/paoloprincipi/ko ... g-deep-cut

Hello all!

Maybe someone can teach me how to use Future Loop Constructions?
As far as I understand, here are slices with drum sounds. But how to get the loop started?

Thanks!

Have been working with the Triton VST the past few days trying to import some of the patches I use with 80% success rate. I am finding (or not finding) where to enter the tempo for the arpeggiator... One path seems to be playing back slowly as the tempo should be 180, but its sitting at about 100. It doesn't seem to be picking up tempo from the extreme I have attached as Controller. Am I missing this somewhere, or is this another omission (by design or oversight) on Korg's part? Thanks!

Importing how? Do you mean rebuilding?

Yes, manually creating patches. Cannot find tempo parameter... Or have overlooked where it's at?
lancaster6 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:19 pm Importing how? Do you mean rebuilding?

In Global -- turn off Sync to Host.
In the Top display -- "SYNC" changes to the tempo. Drag up or down on that number to set tempo.

Pg. 7 of manual (KC2_TRITON_OM_E1.pdf)
Timodeous wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:07 pm Yes, manually creating patches. Cannot find tempo parameter... Or have overlooked where it's at?
lancaster6 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:19 pm Importing how? Do you mean rebuilding?

or use your host to set tempo while "synced".

Return to “Instruments”