Axiom V1.31 - Automatically stopping (MacOS)

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been running Blue Cat Audio's Axiom on my Mac - but there seems to be a glitch/error which is causing the Axiom to stop momentarily (all signal is lost) and it regains the signal soon after - the whole off/on process takes barely 2 seconds - but definitely takes away the immersion and hence breaks the momentum.

Signal Chain -
Guitar (Ibanez Martin Miller MM1) -to- Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen -to- MacOS* -to- Axiom (Demo version - V1.31).
*(OS: MACOs High Sierra 10.13.6 - MacBook Air 13" 2015 - 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3)

I am sharing the short video link which captured this glitch - (shorturl.at/disB0) - this is a 31 second clip and the issue occurs at the 9th second.

I am loving the Axiom - and will purchase the full-version, but this small seemingly technical hiccup is keeping me from doing so.I have updated all drivers, including ones for the 2i2. I hope to get some insights from you guys out there - and I would like to thank you in advance for sharing your guidance in this regard.

Best Regards
Ramdas Devadiga.
:tu:

Thank you for checking out Axiom. This is a strange issue. Does the blackout happens on a regular basis, or is it just once in a while? Also, have you tried increasing the buffer size in the audio settings?

(BTW there is no link in your post)

The link is shortened to: shorturl.at/disB0 - its a google drive link for the video file.
Also, I will try and increase the buffer size and report back if the problem still persists. Thank you.

I just tried to alter the settings, tried changing the buffer size along with the I/O settings, but the problem persists. Starting the software in its default state (i.e. without loading any effects) doesn't help either. This seems unusual as I haven't come across someone on this forum with a similar issue.

I hope you got the access to the video via the link I've shared.

Thank you.

I might be wrong, but from what I can see (there is no sound in the video), it seems to be fast enough to be the demo limitation:
The effect is bypassed for half a second every minute.
When it's bypassed you should still be able to hear the dry sound (probably much quieter).

So if I understand it correctly, the issue seems to be a well-intended, demo-centric limitation, which, kindly correct me if I am wrong, will not exist as and when I switch to the paid version; correct?

Simply put, I will get the paid version and this bypass-limitation will disappear and hence I shall not experience the given limitation thereon.

IF this is the case, I am will purchase the full-version asap.

Thank you.

From the video you sent, yes that seems to be the case. If you have any trouble with the full version, please contact us!

Thank you very much! Good day to you.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”