VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

Aloysius wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:37 amtl;dr
bastard :cry:

:hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

i'm not an expert, but is it very difficult to port from synthedit 1.1 to 1.3 then? just interested because 1.3 seems to have 64bit and mac export..?

The way I understand it is he's using third party modules that have been abandoned by their authors and won't be updated to 64 bit so that's why Genesis Pro is stuck in 32 Bit.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

sengoku wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:00 am i'm not an expert, but is it very difficult to port from synthedit 1.1 to 1.3 then? just interested because 1.3 seems to have 64bit and mac export..?
It is for a non-programmer, the dev will have to learn C++ to re-create the modules he used in v1.1. But then, he might as well use JUCE and get rid of all the limitations and bugs of SE...

Teksonik wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:24 am The way I understand it is he's using third party modules that have been abandoned by their authors and won't be updated to 64 bit so that's why Genesis Pro is stuck in 32 Bit.
Not all modules are equal in complexity i.e some can easily be reproduced, the bugger would be Chris Kerry(CK) modules, some are fairly complex and extremely well optimised. We did once ask CK how much to port all of his modules, a cool 50k GBP. Might seem a bit much to some but it's a lot of work, internally new modules use a different SDK(i.e. have to re-write boring bits again), and some are optimised in 32bit assembly language(close to machine code), which is unlike SSE2/AVX needs to be re-written in either 64bit assembly or SSE2 etc.

if he changed the thread title to

genesis Pro - 32bit win only - not likely to change any time soon

might mean less comments from ppl who can't read or don't know what they are talking about

just an option idea

Kongru wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:20 pm I just don't use outdated plugins (even if they're released in 2020) :shrug:
are there any up-to-date plugins that you don't use?
ShmooMaster wrote:Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:31 pm I think that the people who are in here pissing and moaning about 32 bit are just jealous that the thing sounds damn near perfect.
agreed

If it bridges OK and works OK , then so what ? But I think people are nervous to use bridged plugins these days in hosts that reject 32bit plugins. It is all headed that way, but not yet and so what if this works in a wrapper.

Lets wait n see the website crash on release day, then try it a few days later. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Sounds not bad. I guess on par with a lot more expensive even and it seems to have some unique features.
Could this run on mac in something like Unify?
Whatever, i think a great deal for windows 32-bit users. Otherwise there are a 1000 other great synths.

I can prob help him make it 64bit and vst3 If he wants my help to completly remake it in flowstone. And I work nearly 24/7. On synths. But it depends on what hes after. And ofc If its already made with flowstone then it wont be any problems. If hes intrested he can pm me just.

Would be good If he can comment here what its built with. If its c++ or synth Edit or flowstone.

yobare wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:16 pm I can prob help him make it 64bit and vst3 If he wants my help to completly remake it in flowstone. And I work nearly 24/7. On synths. But it depends on what hes after. And ofc If its already made with flowstone then it wont be any problems. If hes intrested he can pm me just.

Would be good If he can comment here what its built with. If its c++ or synth Edit or flowstone.
Its not made flowstone its made with synthedit
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

Ichad.c wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:21 am
Teksonik wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:24 am The way I understand it is he's using third party modules that have been abandoned by their authors and won't be updated to 64 bit so that's why Genesis Pro is stuck in 32 Bit.
the bugger would be Chris Kerry(CK) modules, some are fairly complex and extremely well optimised.
Yes that's what I meant by third party modules.

It wouldn't make sense for Chris to update those modules or code more Synth Edit Modules. Better off just coding native synths and cut out the need for the SE environment... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well tbh I am more fearful for it now, as i've spent a bit of time today, rebridging plugins i'd taken out to see if jbridge works fine with them, and NO, most cause Cubase to crash, or glitch or just act wierd. I am not trouble shooting all these as they are not essential, but I fear for this "new" synth as it may not play nice with the bridge.

I am now more leaning to the side of why bother with 32bit anything these days. I can see FL users getting the most of of Genesis pro tbh.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Jbridge introduces latency.
Synthedit plugins already had inbuilt latency.
End result is latency.
This not a bargain @1$ its a license to increase latency.
And to ALL you shi**ers that say otherwise prove me wrong!

Return to “Instruments”