Ample Metal Ray 5 - Can't make a Slide !

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi forum.
I've been using this great vst for a while but ran into a problem: I need it to make a long slide, like from fret 12 to fret 0. I don't want two separate notes, I want a slide.

It says on the Ample software window itself you need to create a note at C#0, at the start of the slide note, and have the two slide notes overlap. Which I did. I even moved that C#0 around the full octave in every note below the slide notes. Just to make sure. Still nothing. The only thing I got was a fret sound, but no slide from note A to note B.
How do I achieve this ? I'm on Reaper btw but all MIDI editors are similar.

Thanking you.

what is the first slide note (please tell us which fret and which string)

and what is the 2rd slide note?

Ample Sound wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:55 am what is the first slide note (please tell us which fret and which string)

and what is the 2rd slide note?
Hi there. Thx for the reply.

The first note is D#3. The second note (destination note) is D#2.

the D#3 on which fret and which string?

Ample Sound wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:29 pm the D#3 on which fret and which string?
Ohhh, I see why you're asking and you're right. It's indeed playing on two different strings of the Ample Bass.
First note is 3d string from the top Fret 6, and the second note is 1st string from the top Fret 4.
I would need the first note to be played on the 1st string on Fret 16 and slide down to 4. How do I do that ?
(thanking you)

Please use capo force keyswtiches - G#0 + B1, set the capo to 12th, then play D#3 and D#2

Ample Sound wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:14 am Please use capo force keyswtiches - G#0 + B1, set the capo to 12th, then play D#3 and D#2
I'm sorry, it isn't working. Even after moving the G#0 and B1 notes around, I'm not getting the bass to play on the first string. I'm missing something.
I even tried Page 15 of the manual: https://www.amplesound.net/en/Main_Panel_Manual-AMR.pdf

At the top, the two desired slide notes. At the bottom, the two notes you told me to draw.

Every time I get it to play on the first note fret 16, the next time I play it returns to a different string, see here:

P.S.: I'm not getting the capo part either. The capo option within Ray 5 only moves up to 11 if that's what you mean (?).
Thank you.

Try Force String, chapter 2.13.1 in the manual. To get a Slide, you have to "force" the instrument to play both notes on the same string. Also, the articulation notes should come ever so slightly in front of the other notes. They don't have to be so long, either. The slide articulation note should come before the note you're sliding from.
(Sorry for the over-use of the word "note" - don't know how else to say it).

Edit
The notes ( :dog: ) have to be played legato.

Googly Smythe wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:54 pm Try Force String, chapter 2.13.1 in the manual. To get a Slide, you have to "force" the instrument to play both notes on the same string. Also, the articulation notes should come ever so slightly in front of the other notes. They don't have to be so long, either. The slide articulation note should come before the note you're sliding from.
(Sorry for the over-use of the word "note" - don't know how else to say it).

Edit
The notes ( :dog: ) have to be played legato.
hehe. Yeah tried all that again just now. It's still not working.

Hi Dork, we did not know that you are using AMR v2, the capo force G#0 is for AMR v3, please make a slide in AMR v2 Riffer, then drag it to your MIDI track.

Updating AMR to v3 would be better, the update is free.

Ample Sound wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:22 am Hi Dork, we did not know that you are using AMR v2, the capo force G#0 is for AMR v3, please make a slide in AMR v2 Riffer, then drag it to your MIDI track.

Updating AMR to v3 would be better, the update is free.
Hi. I see, well I'm updating now. It's possible to do it on the v2 though, as it's described in that 'LS' window. But anyways, thx for walking me through this, hopefully it just works on v3.

Yes there is capo force feature in v2, the keyswitch is A#0. in v3, the keyswitch is G#0.

You can put mouse on the keyswitch, a text tip will be displayed.

Return to “Ample Sound”