Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

If only this Triton contained everything the original did. Which it clearly doesn't.
Its a crippled Triton plain and simple and a cash crab.
Bad move Roland!!!

i'm demoing triton, and for me the triton keyboard presets and piano sounds are much better than the NI Kontakt pianos.

Bad move Roland!!!
Umn.....I was under the impression that the Triton is a KORG product. :P
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Maybe Roland works at Korg.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Roland von Synthenhausen. Shirley you've heard of him.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Is there no way to limit an instrument's keyboard range if it's in a Program? For example, the "Sax Ensemble" (INIT-A 013) has two alto saxes in OSC 1, and a tenor and a soprano sax in OSC 2. But there doesn't seem to be a way to keep the saxes from playing outside of their real-world ranges, which makes for some useless sounds in the lower and upper regions.

I've checked the manual and while you can set key ranges for instruments in Combis and for the filters and amps in a Program, didn't see anything about this for oscillators in Programs. Is this how the Triton hardware synth worked, too?

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

kbaccki wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:27 am Roland von Synthenhausen. Shirley you've heard of him.
:lol:

Shirley hasn't been paying attention lately....
No auto tune...

No.that is what combi mode is for.

digitalboytn wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:30 am
kbaccki wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:27 am Roland von Synthenhausen. Shirley you've heard of him.
:lol:

Shirley hasn't been paying attention lately....
... "AND DON'T CALL ME SHIRLEY!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Thanks so much. I wouldn't have thought the tempo was a global parameter since the tempo can be different in each patch on the Hardware version. That's just a wierd place for Korg to do this - or just another different between software and hardware. I will have to remember (maybe put it in the title of the patches) so they get set globally. The sync to host didnt do it as I had the tempo of the song at 90bpm and the arp was 180 bpm. Again, thanks so much - missed it in the manual. (Maybe I should use the PDF search function hahaha)
jdoo wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 pm In Global -- turn off Sync to Host.
In the Top display -- "SYNC" changes to the tempo. Drag up or down on that number to set tempo.

Pg. 7 of manual (KC2_TRITON_OM_E1.pdf)
Timodeous wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:07 pm Yes, manually creating patches. Cannot find tempo parameter... Or have overlooked where it's at?

In software world, your host sets the tempo, not the plugin. Your DAW project is set to a certain tempo and plugin doesn't get to decide it, it can only run with its own tempo reference but then it's not synced. Korg did it properly by default here.
Last edited by EvilDragon on Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kian Russell wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:39 pm a cash crab.
Hey, don't bring him into it - He worked hard for his money

That crab really has to give up the fags....

Smoked crab :)
No auto tune...

planetearth wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:04 am Is there no way to limit an instrument's keyboard range if it's in a Program? For example, the "Sax Ensemble" (INIT-A 013) has two alto saxes in OSC 1, and a tenor and a soprano sax in OSC 2. But there doesn't seem to be a way to keep the saxes from playing outside of their real-world ranges, which makes for some useless sounds in the lower and upper regions.

I've checked the manual and while you can set key ranges for instruments in Combis and for the filters and amps in a Program, didn't see anything about this for oscillators in Programs. Is this how the Triton hardware synth worked, too?

Steve
lancaster6 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:27 am No.that is what combi mode is for.
Sure, but this is a Program, not a Combi. And it's not the only Program set up like this, where an oscillator/sample is part of a "layered" sound but plays beyond where it should.

And since these are the stock Korg presets--presumably not designed by amateurs--I'm wondering if I'm just not seeing the "key range" option, or if there are, indeed, some presets made this way...for no obvious reason.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

as a loooong time triton user, i have not seen a way to limit rey range within a program. it is just as easy to use a combi and set your key ranges there. GL

Return to “Instruments”