Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:01 am
V0RT3X wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:34 am EBM is equally vulgar. It's not even real industrial music just some wannabe angry techno shit. I think If i had to choose i'd prefer EDM.
Interestingly, some reckon Trance grew out of early EBM. The other interesting thing is that if you look at Industrial bands with any longevity, from Cabaret Voltaire to Die Krupps, they all evolved into electronic artists, mostly doing EBM style music. That makes it perfectly reasonable to see EBM as the evolution of Industrial music. The fact that you don't like it is really just the cherry on top.

Think Id much rather listen to industrial rock and metal which btw covers more than a 4/4 standard 4 on the floor beat.

I get the whole shock value factor, but that's about all they have going for them. Musically it's mostly just distorted techno..
:lol:

each to their own. :party:
:borg:

Well, it's not because, if nothing else, it mostly has vocals, which leads to a more classic verse-chorus type song structure. But there are definitely sub-genres that are very trance/techno sounding, like Hellektro/Aggrotech, which to me doesn't make sense because they try to match girly dance music with ridiculously full-on, distorted vocals. The result is just silly but it's probably one of the more popular sub-genres (Suicide Commando, God Module, etc.). EBM, of course, is something else entirely and died out through the '90s and early 2000s but has seen something of a resurgence in recent years. Then there is the Synthe Pop stuff that VNV Nation and a host of imitators do. My favourite flavour is straight Electro-Industrial - you just can't beat a good bit of Leaether Strip, Numb, Skinny Puppy or :Wumpscut:, whether it's for dancing or just a bit of mood setting.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

There are only two kinds of music: the good and the bad one.

I love all kinds of trance music, were listening to them for years and also run three radioshows featuring different subgenres - which sometimes are very similiar, and sometimes are not. Tracks can be very formulaic, or very innovative, or blend different styles freely. Sometimes tracks just turn out what they are by accident, or pure luck. Now I create them myself, with distinct different flavours on purpose.

I don't quite care what industrial heads or anybody else thinks about it. Especially not about how some unrelated internet "experts" place them in their grand scheme of things.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

BONES wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:34 am How is EDM not also EM? EM is a meta-category. If you're not going to accept all kinds of EDM, then you are going to have to clarify what you're looking for.
EMReviews wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:38 pmThat, of course, proves 100% of the successful content creators on YT to be wrong. Thx for the enlightenment... :wink:
The thing is, 99% or more of successful content creators have been at it for more than a decade. More than 300 hours of new video is uploaded to YouTube every minute, the days when you might have hoped to stand out are long gone. If you didn't catch the first wave, you'll only ever be treading water, trying to keep yourself from drowning.
Of course, you are right, EDM is actually a sub of EM. But most people know what's meant without further explaination, since they (usually) know, that D stands for dance. Fun fact, I posted the same "invitation" in another forum, a bit more in detail, pointing at i.e. Ambient, Downtempo, classic EM and so on - they found it too much info and "spammey". So I cut it down here to the core. But as you see, no matter how you do it, it's always wrong... ^^

As for the YT history thing, well. It might have a big impact for those, who want to monetize their channel and make big money, want to be famous or whatever. They must calculate and plan things in depth. But we run this channel as a side project, a hobby. We have friends in the Netherlands, Germany, UK and overseas, which we always wanted to support a bit, but were dragging things. Now's the time and where we're in 10 years, who knows, we will see.

planetearth wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:00 am So is this only for people who've "released" (read: posted on their SoundCloud account) entire albums, or will you be doing individual pieces, too? I would imagine it's somewhat easier to review an album as a (hopefully) cohesive whole, but it's also rather time-consuming to listen to the whole thing--especially when it's Caturday on the KVR forum! And many here don't necessarily have an entire "album", though they may have a song or two they'd like to have reviewed or whatever.

Steve
Hey Steve, yes, as you guessed. Album makes more sense for us. But if we stumble upon an extraordinary gem, why not even reviewing an EP. But single tracks, no. The efford is a bit high atm for just a track. The listening to an album in general is no problem. Actually the opposite. We are a team of EM nerds, who always have to work on something, where you find time to listen to some music in the background while working i.e. coding, gfx work etc. We actually enjoy the album "news" and love to make new connections with skilled artists from our niche. I hope that answered your question. :)

Vortifex wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:20 pm Agree with Bones. EM is the umbrella term, and you got EDM and every other type of EM underneath.

Anyway, I checked the channel. Fair play for trying something a bit different, but I thought the processed voice was too jarring to listen to. Gimmicks can work (see Reid Stefan and his 'realest puppet in the game') but listening to it shouldn't be work. Good luck with the channel, I hope you make a success of it.
Thanks for the feedback! Yep, we are still testing this and that and maybe we end up sometime again with real voices. Or guy fawkes-masks. :D For the moment we wanna to stick with the processed voices, even if just for being annoying for some audio connoisseurs and to provide a topic to be roasted for. Even bad headlines are headlines. ;)

BONES wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:01 am Interestingly, some reckon Trance grew out of early EBM.
Reminds me of what musical worlds lie between JMJarre and Pierre Schaeffer, even though Jarre always refers with proud to his "teacher". Everything is connected, somehow, no matter the aesthetical results or commercial success. At the end, yes, all is "Techno". :roll: :wink:

For us, we rather admire and stick with that type of EM, not (mainly) created for dancing. We had our wild Techno days in the 90s. Now we're old 'n lazy. Headphones and a cozy chair is our club.

EMReviews wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:04 pm
Vortifex wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:20 pm Agree with Bones. EM is the umbrella term, and you got EDM and every other type of EM underneath.

Anyway, I checked the channel. Fair play for trying something a bit different, but I thought the processed voice was too jarring to listen to. Gimmicks can work (see Reid Stefan and his 'realest puppet in the game') but listening to it shouldn't be work. Good luck with the channel, I hope you make a success of it.
Thanks for the feedback! Yep, we are still testing this and that and maybe we end up sometime again with real voices. Or guy fawkes-masks. :D For the moment we wanna to stick with the processed voices, even if just for being annoying for some audio connoisseurs and to provide a topic to be roasted for. Even bad headlines are headlines. ;)
Stop with the straw-man fallacies, and the passive-aggressiveness (In retrospect, I think there were a few here who had you 'down' from the start).

Nobody is claiming to be an audio connoisseur, and nobody is against using processing on a voice. The issue is when you use TOO MUCH, resulting in the complete loss of dynamics, which ends up being very fatiguing to listen to. IT'S THE SONIC EQUIVALENT OF WRITING EVERYTHING IN CAPITALS, and like many albums that have 'fallen' in the loudness wars, is just obnoxious to listen to. But hey! Only two of us have called you out on it, so I guess we must be wrong. Perhaps you should keep leaning into it. I'm sure there's a few errant db that deserve to be smashed, and it's not as if you are talking for ten-minutes-straight :shrug:

I'd have proposed a feature in which you compared 'remastered' versions of all the early synth classic albums, to the originals, but perhaps you just can't hear it anymore...after your "wild Techno days in the 90s" :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:34 pm
Stop with the straw-man fallacies, and the passive-aggressiveness (In retrospect, I think there were a few here who had you 'down' from the start).

Nobody is claiming to be an audio connoisseur, and nobody is against using processing on a voice. The issue is when you use TOO MUCH, resulting in the complete loss of dynamics, which ends up being very fatiguing to listen to. IT'S THE SONIC EQUIVALENT OF WRITING EVERYTHING IN CAPITALS, and like many albums that have 'fallen' in the loudness wars, is just obnoxious to listen to. But hey! Only two of us have called you out on it, so I guess we must be wrong. Perhaps you should keep leaning into it. I'm sure there's a few errant db that deserve to be smashed, and it's not as if you are talking for ten-minutes-straight :shrug:

I'd have proposed a feature in which you compared 'remastered' versions of all the early synth classic albums, to the originals, but perhaps you just can't hear it anymore...after your "wild Techno days in the 90s" :tu:
Well, if that's not "passive-aggressiveness"... :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I know that the voice sounds like a hammer, much like a radio-voice on speed. And it would be easy to keep the multiband compression low and smooth or even use the original voices (tomorrow's show is done by a lady, who has -actually- a honey sweet voice, by the way!). But let's pretend, all that's part of a concept, just as the creepy, drugged avatar and the eye-cancer causing video thumbnails. You shouldn't be surprised, if some day a speaking Hamburger is hosting the review. It's actually pretty likely to come...

I would like to know more about the talking Hamburger

EMReviews wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:23 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Don't get me wrong, I know that the voice sounds like a hammer, much like a radio-voice on speed. And it would be easy to keep the multiband compression low and smooth or even use the original voices (tomorrow's show is done by a lady, who has -actually- a honey sweet voice, by the way!). But let's pretend, all that's part of a concept, just as the creepy, drugged avatar and the eye-cancer causing video thumbnails. You shouldn't be surprised, if some day a speaking Hamburger is hosting the review. It's actually pretty likely to come...
No! I'm doing you the courtesy of actually being a little aggressive, and not pretending otherwise :shrug:
EMReviews wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:23 pmBut let's pretend, all that's part of a concept, just as the creepy, drugged avatar and the eye-cancer causing video thumbnails. You shouldn't be surprised, if some day a speaking Hamburger is hosting the review. It's actually pretty likely to come...
What do you mean, "Let's pretend"? Are you trying to make the case that a channel that reviews calm, atmospheric, ambient synth music is best served by your current approach?

Again! I don't care how garish the thumbnails are; and the avatar could be a steaming-lump-of shit, and it wouldn't bother me. But the one thing that someone who talks for the whole video might want to get 'right' is the voice. But we clearly have completely different ideas of what is 'right', so I'll leave you alone with your "concept" :tu:

This might help a bit!!
https://music.ishkur.com

Temp lock for cleanup.

[edit] Done. Off-topic posts will be deleted. Attempts to goad others into posting flames will be deleted and might earn a suspension or ban depending on how blatant or persistent they are.

KVR has plenty of threads. Find some and post worthwhile stuff, 'kay? Thanks.

Ok, @topic,
OP, I think there is a lot of demand on both sides of this thing, but you are really missing a lot of the good electronic music by focusing on albums. Thats not where the goods are at, imo.
imo, Both the graphics and the processing of the vocals are borderline weird, but passable.
ImageImageImageImage

How does a post with nothing but a link to Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music get cleaned out as being off-topic? Given the confusion over what's being sought, which is not made up but real and legitimate (see the aforementioned guide), it would seem to be completely relevant to me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”