User Songs

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

Nice music there!

One great way to change keys is using a dominant chord or the V chord before you switch. The dominant is the perfect 5th of your key.. With that, you can safely change to almost any key. Just use the dominant 7 of the key you want to change to. This works with sus chords as well. There is a video, (but it is for guitar), that explains this very well.. I'll post a link in the Tutorials & Theory thread.

iXaarii wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:05 pm http://jamen.do/t/1725625
not liking this one either, but hey, at least it's done and the first one of 2020 :D
my personal moral of the story: i need to make them much shorter and more of an interesting progression. There was just too much texture I wasn't able or willing to let go of.
Sounds good to my ears and nicely avante guard which is a good thing.
Doesn't need to be shorter but perhaps consider some extra textures - lower register in the last third if you want to add variation behind the theme.

I liked the high keys at the 3:48 ish mark, Nice touch.

Thanks for sharing.
Cheers.
Mike.

thank you so very much for your detailed feedback and great suggestions!

this is my latest musical attempt. http://jamen.do/t/1743102
I think this goes into my top10 worst songs I've made so far... but hey, i figure once i get out all the bad ideas i'll be left with the better ones?

when I clicked, no audio.. could be my end though..

works for me now. Jamendo can be finicky in the first hours after upload i think

This is my latest attempt at composing http://jamen.do/t/1744336
What you may see I tried to do at the start is make the kind of long evolving slow strings song... but I didn't quite succeed and I gave up and introduced more ostinato type elements.

This is a general weakness of mine that I'd love to get over. I think i can make decent little loops/sections, but I can't have them change over time, and music is captivating to the ear through change over time.. the part I struggle at. I used to think that maybe phrase morphing would help me out but I either don't know how to use it right or it only works between two phrases (as opposed to multiple morpher phrases in a row for multiple steps/blending over many bars).

The same weakness is evident in the song in my attempt at putting in there multiple little melodies, each of them serviceable (can't wait for the future versions with CC1/modwhee/vibrato/... movement generators) however I can't seem to find a way to transition between melodies, not succeeding in changing over time. I do try to use change as chords/key changes, and that in itself is already amazing, but that trick gets old soon and i'm left repeating a melody which trick of course gets old fast to the ears of the listener.

Oh well, I keep trying and with each song I learn another trick or two. Hopefully in the years to come I'll find ways to adress these issues. Until then I'll keep trying my tricks with repeating sections and transitioning with them while keeping some things the same. It's not very original or interesting, but it is at least my humble attempt at a glue holding songs together and attempting some kind of change over time.

Regardless, it sure is endless fun in RC to make 4, 8, or 16 bar sections which delight me as I discover and hear them for the first times. Thank you so so very much for this great great software! So many years before it I tried to make songs and i just ended up with tens or hundres of hours of lame recordings. You think I'm bad now, you should hear me playing piano or keyboard. But like this not only do I get to make something that at least sounds final in some ways but heck, and even more importantly to me: the process itself delights and surprises me, which keeps me coming back, curious what will happen next time, as the process is often more important to me than the result, and the path more exciting than the destination. Thank you very much Atilla for making this amazing tool for fun and creativity. And if anybody else should ever enjoy my little flawed and weak attempts that would be just the cherry on the top of this wonderful cake of fun. Thank you!

yes, intro gives an impression like: a slow and long motives will follow .. but as you described it turns to rhythmic ostinato elements
:)
after that point i like especially after about 2:00

Thank you for share! :tu:

Melody Editor (i made a preset for Harmonic minor "Motive: I IV VI" ) & Idea Tool
with the Generate melody Track Then Harmonize Melody ... settings
uses: Bach Harmonic Minor Scale Rules
probably i will not change anything except adding some endings to the Parts in the Reaper
(did i said ? i :love: MEED :D )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nu7N6Ra82M

yellukhan wrote: yes, intro gives an impression like: a slow and long motives will follow .. but as you described it turns to rhythmic ostinato elements
:)
yes, the tragedy. I had so hoped to make one of those slow evolving motives song... but then i hit a wall, a musically ringing wall :))
yellukhan wrote: after that point i like especially after about 2:00
thank you so much for the feedback, means a lot to me!
yellukhan wrote: Melody Editor (i made a preset for Harmonic minor "Motive: I IV VI" ) & Idea Tool with the Generate melody Track Then Harmonize Melody ... settings
uses: Bach Harmonic Minor Scale Rules probably i will not change anything except adding some endings to the Parts in the Reaper (did i said ? i :love: MEED :D
Your song is fantastic! I so wish I got how to use the melody editor, what you're doing is amazing but I don't get it yet how to use it. I see it changing things, and I see can move notes around in the melody editor but unlike with generators I don't yet get how to use that/how that's different from editing notes somewhere.
I don't yet see any entry for the melody editor in the manual http://www.musicdevelopments.com/wiki/d ... =en:manual
maybe I'm missing it? Any bits of information you can drop about how to use it like you do, especially like you do in conjunction with the idea generator would be highly appreciated. I keep looking at your videos but you do so many awesome things my eyes simply glaze over and I get lost in how beautiful the melodies are and trying to not be too jealous of you that

I just don't get what you do. I guess I'd need something much more simple/step-by-step for my simple mind to get how you're using the melody generator & idea generator. Whenever I try to use the idea generator I end up with totally lame forgetable things while you do such magic!!!

iXaarii wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:45 pm Your song is fantastic! I so wish I got how to use the melody editor, what you're doing is amazing but I don't get it yet how to use it. I see it changing things, and I see can move notes around in the melody editor but unlike with generators I don't yet get how to use that/how that's different from editing notes somewhere.
I don't yet see any entry for the melody editor in the manual
I did a video on it.. it's really pretty easy to use..

viewtopic.php?p=7698399#p7698399

wooow, thank you very much BluGenes, that's a great video!!

Thank you iXaarii as we talk there is nothing special i made except that I-IV-VI selection for Motive settings :)
as BluGenes said its really simple to use!

@ BluGenes have to confess .. after watching your video i get the whole concept ! :D
Thank you again!

EDIT:
i think i should point one important part in this video
as you can see "Generate Melody then Harmonize..." settings in the IT...
plus
re harmonize some parts individually from Phrase Inspector ..
even sometimes after maser generation
select all melody editor phrases and re harmonize them from phrase inspector.
gives new/good results!
i hope make sense.

hey no problem.. also, I should have mentioned there are two buttons top right, one you can save a custom preset (the heart) and the other you can import midi... also, I didn't mention the + to add a section and the pages icon is clone..

also with harmonization, if you expand your chord rules, the results get even better.. meaning, add more chords to the rules..

Thank you!
still i am trying to get the logic of that heart icon
-it saves to where?
-how to recall the saved ones ?
-what is the differences from saving as generator preset in the bottom?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”