Can we get a like button here?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgotten wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:45 pm I predict that in a week the novelty will have worn off, and it will be too much effort for me to click either button... :hihi:
:lol:

I’m really rubbish with written replies but I do like giving the courtesy of acknowledging a post. This is my main personal motivation.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:28 pm It’s not a popularity contest.
seems like that's exactly what it is.

stuff like this makes me uncomfortable... I couldn't give a f**k who does or doesn't like my posts, but.... well, recent events have made me dislike this kind of thing

thats all I have to say on the subject

As I mentioned, it'd be much better to only implement a Like button. Works on the forums I frequent which have the feature.

Very interesting

Also turns out you can like or dislike your own post :lol:
:borg:

Er... yeah... that shouldn't be happening as well. :P

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:55 pm Er... yeah... that shouldn't be happening as well. :P
Why not...
in retrospect...
I often don't like what I posted..

now I get the opportunity to express that sentiment to myself

:hihi:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:48 pm
Forgotten wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:45 pm I predict that in a week the novelty will have worn off, and it will be too much effort for me to click either button... :hihi:
:lol:

I’m really rubbish with written replies but I do like giving the courtesy of acknowledging a post. This is my main personal motivation.
everyone will think youve left, nowhere does anyone get informed that you liked the post.
no notification that anyone has liked your post, without going back and checking. not that i care, but whats the point?
if someone does care, they have to go back to each of their posts to see how many ups/downs.

no sorry, not for me. it was this kind of business that stopped me using fb.
this whole internet thing is getting a bit silly now. may have to rethink switching off and going "analogue" :o

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:16 pm thing is getting a bit silly now. may have to rethink switching off and going "analogue" :o
don't forget the
:tu:

:wink:

chance would be a fine thing :cry:

its my birthday soon though :wheee:

what's gonna happen is people are gonna hit dislike instead of edit, toggle it back and forth a dozen times trying to figure out why the edit window doesnt come up then accidentally hit quote, then they are gonna complain about that, need to edit that and then hit dislike again, get mad because they like their own post, hit like, then hit quote again :dog:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

These feckin like/dislike buttons are pointless, please get rid of them, or at least just get rid of the dislike button. Every forum I've seen with the ability to dislike posts has ended up having the feature removed because people abuse it. If you're gonna keep both, make it display the names of people who clicked them.

Vortifex wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:01 pmIf you're gonna keep both, make it display the names of people who clicked them.
:tu:

Without the public appearance of who's behind the clicks that system has no style.

Well, they finally went and did it...

Now I can get my meaningless dopamine hits on reddit, facebook, and kvr. Praise the Lord.
A well-behaved signature.

Let’s just integrate 100% with Facebook. Or even better, move the site there.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

The overreactions are laughable.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Site Stuff”