Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

TS-12 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:02 am Jbridge works fine for bridging 32bit plugins to 64bit.
No, it doesn't. there are some that simply will not bridge. It's not a case of just bridge it and it works.

The good thing is, the ones that will not bridge anymore, are not really essential to me now, i've got 64bit replacements.

But i'd think that this, being a "new" 32bit plugin, should bridge OK, and I am positive that the dev for jbridge will work to get it all working.

Jbridge is the most reliable of bridges, IMO, but I am now trying to avoid using bridged plugin's for stability reasons.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

teilo wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:28 pm Further, nothing in Genesis Pro is new. It's all been done before. I'm sure it is going to be great, but it's not the second coming of the Music Production Gods.
Years ago, when Dune 1 came out, it was praised by many as the "Sylenth1 killer". So why can't I praise this modern beast of a synth, Genesis Pro, as the "Synth1 killer"? :D

I'm not saying it's going to be in direct competition with Avenger or Falcon. But it's really cool that it brings Android app prices to the PC platform.

nothing can kill synth1 :)
dont forget there's a cool 3rdparty librarian for synth1

izonin wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:16 am I'm not saying it's going to be in direct competition with Avenger or Falcon. But it's really cool that it brings Android app prices to the PC platform.
I think the only reason for the $1 price is because it's 32 bit and Windows only.

Reefius wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:12 am
izonin wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:16 am I'm not saying it's going to be in direct competition with Avenger or Falcon. But it's really cool that it brings Android app prices to the PC platform.
I think the only reason for the $1 price is because it's 32 bit and Windows only.
Nah, it's the other way round. The dude just wanted to create a nice, affordable synth so he picked an easy and free (but legacy) framework that only supports WIndows 32-bit.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Yeah, and that's fine. The funny and ironic thing about it is that he unintentionally created a hype that probably wouldn't have happened at all, if the synth would have been 64-bit natively. :D

Vintage digital software.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

The Hype on this...i mean...come on!
Its no different than any other crap out there!
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Been on KVR for about as long as it has been around. One thing I've never understood is how angry people get when someone releases a new VST. Instead of ignoring threads that they claim to not have interest in and going about their lives, they feel they have to tell everyone how angry they are about everything. Gotta be a lot of fun at parties.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

LeVzi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:53 am
TS-12 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:02 am Jbridge works fine for bridging 32bit plugins to 64bit.
No, it doesn't. there are some that simply will not bridge. It's not a case of just bridge it and it works.

The good thing is, the ones that will not bridge anymore, are not really essential to me now, i've got 64bit replacements.

But i'd think that this, being a "new" 32bit plugin, should bridge OK, and I am positive that the dev for jbridge will work to get it all working.

Jbridge is the most reliable of bridges, IMO, but I am now trying to avoid using bridged plugin's for stability reasons.
Which ones specificaly , if you remember ?
Is that happening on Mac or PC for you ?

I'm on windows 10, I have some really old VSTi like ethnosphere, NI pro-53, Steinberg virtual guitarists 1 and 2 all J-bridged and working in cubase 10.
Can't think of any VSTi that didn't bridge on my computer,
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

Will GenesisPro be strictly a synth or will there also be wavetable / rompler patches in it, like in Nexus ?
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

TS-12 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:24 pm Will GenesisPro be strictly a synth or will there also be wavetable / rompler patches in it, like in Nexus ?
A synth.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Chemik wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:53 pm Been on KVR for about as long as it has been around. One thing I've never understood is how angry people get when someone releases a new VST. Instead of ignoring threads that they claim to not have interest in and going about their lives, they feel they have to tell everyone how angry they are about everything. Gotta be a lot of fun at parties.
KVR anger is what keeps the VST business going. It is the best source of free publicity. Most of these VSTs would have vanished completely, but it is the hostility of this site that keeps them in the public eye. I hope this synth is actually good, but no one would be talking about this before it came out to this level on any other site that was more polite.

After it comes out, there will be a certain amount of euphoria, followed by disappointment, and then hype for the next synth, which will also probably be decent, but overhyped and attacked.

KVR is the only place that a dev has a chance to really generate a lot of free advertising.

You give too much credit to kvr, its less than 1% influence. Just look at all the facebook groups and reddits. That seems bigger to me.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

ravasb wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:24 pm
Chemik wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:53 pm Been on KVR for about as long as it has been around. One thing I've never understood is how angry people get when someone releases a new VST. Instead of ignoring threads that they claim to not have interest in and going about their lives, they feel they have to tell everyone how angry they are about everything. Gotta be a lot of fun at parties.
KVR anger is what keeps the VST business going. It is the best source of free publicity. Most of these VSTs would have vanished completely, but it is the hostility of this site that keeps them in the public eye. I hope this synth is actually good, but no one would be talking about this before it came out to this level on any other site that was more polite.

After it comes out, there will be a certain amount of euphoria, followed by disappointment, and then hype for the next synth, which will also probably be decent, but overhyped and attacked.

KVR is the only place that a dev has a chance to really generate a lot of free advertising.
Lots of people mad-as-hell about first world problems. I.e., the internet in general. :love:
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Instruments”