Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
LeVzi
KVRAF
2272 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:53 pm

TS-12 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:02 pm
Jbridge works fine for bridging 32bit plugins to 64bit.
No, it doesn't. there are some that simply will not bridge. It's not a case of just bridge it and it works.

The good thing is, the ones that will not bridge anymore, are not really essential to me now, i've got 64bit replacements.

But i'd think that this, being a "new" 32bit plugin, should bridge OK, and I am positive that the dev for jbridge will work to get it all working.

Jbridge is the most reliable of bridges, IMO, but I am now trying to avoid using bridged plugin's for stability reasons.
Forward ever, Backward never

izonin
KVRian
1266 posts since 27 Oct, 2009

Re: Genesis Pro

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:16 pm

teilo wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:28 pm
Further, nothing in Genesis Pro is new. It's all been done before. I'm sure it is going to be great, but it's not the second coming of the Music Production Gods.
Years ago, when Dune 1 came out, it was praised by many as the "Sylenth1 killer". So why can't I praise this modern beast of a synth, Genesis Pro, as the "Synth1 killer"? :D

I'm not saying it's going to be in direct competition with Avenger or Falcon. But it's really cool that it brings Android app prices to the PC platform.

dune_rave
KVRAF
1582 posts since 23 Jun, 2006 from Hungary

Re: Genesis Pro

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:19 am

nothing can kill synth1 :)
dont forget there's a cool 3rdparty librarian for synth1

Reefius
KVRian
927 posts since 7 Dec, 2013 from Belgium

Re: Genesis Pro

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:12 am

izonin wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:16 pm
I'm not saying it's going to be in direct competition with Avenger or Falcon. But it's really cool that it brings Android app prices to the PC platform.
I think the only reason for the $1 price is because it's 32 bit and Windows only.

User avatar
DJ Warmonger
KVRAF
3686 posts since 7 Jun, 2012 from Warsaw

Re: Genesis Pro

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:26 am

Reefius wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:12 am
izonin wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:16 pm
I'm not saying it's going to be in direct competition with Avenger or Falcon. But it's really cool that it brings Android app prices to the PC platform.
I think the only reason for the $1 price is because it's 32 bit and Windows only.
Nah, it's the other way round. The dude just wanted to create a nice, affordable synth so he picked an easy and free (but legacy) framework that only supports WIndows 32-bit.
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

chk071
KVRAF
23229 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Genesis Pro

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:35 am

Yeah, and that's fine. The funny and ironic thing about it is that he unintentionally created a hype that probably wouldn't have happened at all, if the synth would have been 64-bit natively. :D

revvy
KVRian
554 posts since 15 Feb, 2020

Re: Genesis Pro

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:37 am

Vintage digital software.

User avatar
BasariStudios
KVRian
1314 posts since 25 Sep, 2011 from New York

Re: Genesis Pro

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:12 am

The Hype on this...i mean...come on!
Its no different than any other crap out there!
http://www.basaristudios.com
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL. 2 850 PRO 256GB.
Prime Total. Acustica: Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 2, Amethyst, Murano, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy.

Chemik
KVRist
224 posts since 18 Mar, 2003 from Jacksonville, FL

Re: Genesis Pro

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:53 am

Been on KVR for about as long as it has been around. One thing I've never understood is how angry people get when someone releases a new VST. Instead of ignoring threads that they claim to not have interest in and going about their lives, they feel they have to tell everyone how angry they are about everything. Gotta be a lot of fun at parties.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Latest project Trick in the Hat - One Chance, EP, released Sept. 2019 bandcamp link
Los Nugget - Zombie (rap/pop) BC

TS-12
KVRist
298 posts since 24 Apr, 2008 from USA

Re: Genesis Pro

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:22 am

LeVzi wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:53 pm
TS-12 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:02 pm
Jbridge works fine for bridging 32bit plugins to 64bit.
No, it doesn't. there are some that simply will not bridge. It's not a case of just bridge it and it works.

The good thing is, the ones that will not bridge anymore, are not really essential to me now, i've got 64bit replacements.

But i'd think that this, being a "new" 32bit plugin, should bridge OK, and I am positive that the dev for jbridge will work to get it all working.

Jbridge is the most reliable of bridges, IMO, but I am now trying to avoid using bridged plugin's for stability reasons.
Which ones specificaly , if you remember ?
Is that happening on Mac or PC for you ?

I'm on windows 10, I have some really old VSTi like ethnosphere, NI pro-53, Steinberg virtual guitarists 1 and 2 all J-bridged and working in cubase 10.
Can't think of any VSTi that didn't bridge on my computer,
win10 x64. cubase 10 x64.
gigabyte z390 gaming x,i7-8700k, 32GB, 4TB nvme SSD

TS-12
KVRist
298 posts since 24 Apr, 2008 from USA

Re: Genesis Pro

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:24 am

Will GenesisPro be strictly a synth or will there also be wavetable / rompler patches in it, like in Nexus ?
win10 x64. cubase 10 x64.
gigabyte z390 gaming x,i7-8700k, 32GB, 4TB nvme SSD

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
3433 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: Genesis Pro

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:31 am

TS-12 wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:24 am
Will GenesisPro be strictly a synth or will there also be wavetable / rompler patches in it, like in Nexus ?
A synth.
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

ravasb
KVRian
885 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Re: Genesis Pro

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:24 am

Chemik wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:53 am
Been on KVR for about as long as it has been around. One thing I've never understood is how angry people get when someone releases a new VST. Instead of ignoring threads that they claim to not have interest in and going about their lives, they feel they have to tell everyone how angry they are about everything. Gotta be a lot of fun at parties.
KVR anger is what keeps the VST business going. It is the best source of free publicity. Most of these VSTs would have vanished completely, but it is the hostility of this site that keeps them in the public eye. I hope this synth is actually good, but no one would be talking about this before it came out to this level on any other site that was more polite.

After it comes out, there will be a certain amount of euphoria, followed by disappointment, and then hype for the next synth, which will also probably be decent, but overhyped and attacked.

KVR is the only place that a dev has a chance to really generate a lot of free advertising.

User avatar
Touch The Universe
KVRAF
3991 posts since 2 Oct, 2008

Re: Genesis Pro

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:43 am

You give too much credit to kvr, its less than 1% influence. Just look at all the facebook groups and reddits. That seems bigger to me.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

JerGoertz
KVRAF
2717 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Re: Genesis Pro

Post Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:48 am

ravasb wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:24 am
Chemik wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:53 am
Been on KVR for about as long as it has been around. One thing I've never understood is how angry people get when someone releases a new VST. Instead of ignoring threads that they claim to not have interest in and going about their lives, they feel they have to tell everyone how angry they are about everything. Gotta be a lot of fun at parties.
KVR anger is what keeps the VST business going. It is the best source of free publicity. Most of these VSTs would have vanished completely, but it is the hostility of this site that keeps them in the public eye. I hope this synth is actually good, but no one would be talking about this before it came out to this level on any other site that was more polite.

After it comes out, there will be a certain amount of euphoria, followed by disappointment, and then hype for the next synth, which will also probably be decent, but overhyped and attacked.

KVR is the only place that a dev has a chance to really generate a lot of free advertising.
Lots of people mad-as-hell about first world problems. I.e., the internet in general. :love:
A well-behaved signature.

Return to “Instruments”