Can we get a like button here?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is the most stupid pointless change ever. If people cant be bothered to post a reply then who cares what they like/hate? Please get rid.

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

Can we make a poll? Then everyone can like or dislike the like and dislike buttons. After that, you could post the result on FB, and people can like the poll result.

HAHA! I don't own a tube amp face book!

farlukar wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:13 pm HAHA! I don't own a tube amp face book KVR!
FTFY

Better yet, it should show WHO dislikes or likes something.

If you don't like me, then may as well say it up front instead of hiding behind a dislike button ya scurvy cowards.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:23 pmIf you don't like me, then may as well say it up front instead of hiding behind a dislike button ya scurvy cowards.
I don't like you. You did this.
So there :P

farlukar wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:39 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:23 pmIf you don't like me, then may as well say it up front instead of hiding behind a dislike button ya scurvy cowards.
I don't like you. You did this.
So there :P

Reported!

Also i was just kidding with that post i didnt think they would actually do that :lol:

V0RT3X wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:13 pmAlso i was just kidding with that post
That's what they all say.

V0RT3X wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:23 pm Better yet, it should show WHO dislikes or likes something.

If you don't like me, then may as well say it up front instead of hiding behind a dislike button ya scurvy cowards.
Yes..

and options for "like", "WTF", "LMFAO", "Tantrum"..

as for you vortex.. well you are a special case.. "like" that you're going H/W and selling plugins..

then you go and buy some silly bundle .. "WTF"

old habits .. ehhh ;)

:hihi:

toonertik wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:23 pm Better yet, it should show WHO dislikes or likes something.

Yes..

and options for "like", "WTF", "LMFAO", "Tantrum"..

as for you vortex.. well you are a special case.. "like" that you're going H/W and selling plugins..

then you go and buy some silly bundle .. "WTF"

old habits .. ehhh ;)

:hihi:
:lol:

I was at a weak moment there..

I could be a fan of the like button. There are many times I listen in 'Music Cafe' and like something but do not have an additional comment to make. Someone else has already expressed a like minded response. A 'like' option would allow me to quickly express support for someones efforts without re-hashing. Of course, it is still a forum designed for interactive dialogue, if there was some constructive comment to make, then I would still have the option.

Exactly. An excellent illustration of the value of such a system. If people want to be dicks about it and abuse the system, and you can bet there will be those who do, that's their problem and they are easily ignored.
chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:30 pmI'm not totally against such a system, even though I would only implement a like, not a dislike button.
I'd be the opposite. A dislike button saves me a lot of time explaining to people why they are such idiots.
From other forums, I know that dislike just doesn't work. People can't handle that. People can't handle strong, or controversial opinions either.
It's not "strong or controversial opinions", it's opinions that fail to reinforce their belief system. People use the internet to reinforce their stupidity so we need a means of tearing it down so that it can be rebuilt in a more accurate, reality-focussed way. Trust me, it's for the best.
Kongru wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:36 pmI think Vurt will be the first one to 1000 likes on a comment
Really? I was just thinking that he will accrue more dislikes form me than anyone else I can think of. He has a really bad habit of derailing discussions or adding pages of pointless rubbish to them.
Vortifex wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:01 pmThese feckin like/dislike buttons are pointless
It does my head in that people can only look at this in one way. To me, a like or dislike count tells anyone who reads a post whether or not people agree with it. It adds (or removes) weight to something someone has said. Why you need to see it only as a personal (dis)endorsement is beyond my ken.

If used properly, a like/dislike system has the potential to keep threads shorter and easier to read/follow, for the simple reason that you don't have to post something yourself if you just want to agree with someone who has already expressed a similar opinion. It's not a popularity contest, it's not something personal, it is just about whether you agree with a statement or not. I'm all for it.
please get rid of them, or at least just get rid of the dislike button. Every forum I've seen with the ability to dislike posts has ended up having the feature removed because people abuse it.
Surely without a dislike button, all that happens is people have to write a negative post instead? That, in turn, will lead to an overall negative tone, won't it?
If you're gonna keep both, make it display the names of people who clicked them.
Why? I mean, I don't mind but to me that seems like a recipe for turning it into a popularity contest.
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:08 pm This is the most stupid pointless change ever. If people cant be bothered to post a reply then who cares what they like/hate? Please get rid.
I have a better idea - if you don't care what people do or do not like, just don't look at the like/dislike counts. Problem solved. To ask for it to be removed tells me that whether or not people agree with you matters, which is stupid. Isn't it better to see if your opinions are valid or not?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

No, its obviously awful.
ImageImageImageImage

BONES wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:48 am It does my head in that people can only look at this in one way. To me, a like or dislike count tells anyone who reads a post whether or not people agree with it. It adds (or removes) weight to something someone has said. Why you need to see it only as a personal (dis)endorsement is beyond my ken.

If used properly, a like/dislike system has the potential to keep threads shorter and easier to read/follow, for the simple reason that you don't have to post something yourself if you just want to agree with someone who has already expressed a similar opinion. It's not a popularity contest, it's not something personal, it is just about whether you agree with a statement or not. I'm all for it.
I think you're going to learn quickly that, yes, it's a popularity contest.
Your post has already received 3 dislikes, and who knows if it would have had each dislike been accounted for?

The internet is a great place for passive aggressive BS to flourish as well, and anonymity will allow people to "attack" without confronting someone like you with strong opinions and sometimes painfully close to forum rules breaking language like this-
I'd be the opposite. A dislike button saves me a lot of time explaining to people why they are such idiots.
My bet is you get more than anyone else, and primarily because it's anonymous. I know it won't really bother you, but it's just how I see this whole thing playing out. I wouldn't put a dislike button on a forum mostly filled with middle aged men engaged in semi intellectual musical pursuits who tend to lock horns over tiny discrepancies in how they go about that hobby, but that's just me.

Return to “Site Stuff”