Studio One future?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trancit wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:02 pmTo release an interesting feature with some weaknesses to update this feature a little bit more in the next major release (but not too much) and a bit more next time etc...
Isn't this a typical thing for software development? Have you ever coded anything?

I'm not defending S1 (I agree with many points), BTW. That's just inevitable reality.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:18 pm Isn't this a typical thing for software development? Have you ever coded anything?

I'm not defending S1 (I agree with many points), BTW. That's just inevitable reality.
Probably your right and all one can say is welcome to our great world

Trancit wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:44 pm Probably your right and all one can say is welcome to our great world
https://youtu.be/jm4Rll9axkQ

Working in the software business for decades, I can confirm: sad, but true.

Presonus future is bright. They are balancing where music is now with features for the creative side of things (which are dominating right now) with the mixing/mastering side. They are balancing both. Question is if certain customers can adapt with the times, being open to change, and let go of what was popular 10 years ago. Just my 2.

beatmangler443 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:09 pm Presonus future is bright. They are balancing where music is now with features for the creative side of things (which are dominating right now) with the mixing/mastering side. They are balancing both. Question is if certain customers can adapt with the times, being open to change, and let go of what was popular 10 years ago. Just my 2.
So exactly where is music now? And what’s different from ten years ago?

jonljacobi wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:46 am
beatmangler443 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:09 pm Presonus future is bright. They are balancing where music is now with features for the creative side of things (which are dominating right now) with the mixing/mastering side. They are balancing both. Question is if certain customers can adapt with the times, being open to change, and let go of what was popular 10 years ago. Just my 2.
I think you know that answer.

beatmangler443 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:38 pm
jonljacobi wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:46 am
I think you know that answer.
Yes, I do. But I was asking you as you seem to think things have radically changed in a single decade.

As long as presonus doesn; tackl etheir midi shit they will stay behind the curve , simple as that >
Their 'Look mum no midi' which internally converts midi to their own protocol is just not as reliable and skips note etc.., and with midi 2.0 on the rise they better tackle this stuff fast.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:50 pmAs long as presonus doesn; tackl etheir midi shit they will stay behind the curve , simple as that >
Their 'Look mum no midi' which internally converts midi to their own protocol is just not as reliable and skips note etc.., and with midi 2.0 on the rise they better tackle this stuff fast.
Whata rey out alking about? :roll:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

What I am talking about , it's presonus own internal midi protocol which is unreliable under certain conditions
https://s1manual.presonus.com/Content/F ... o_MIDI.htm
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:27 am ... which is unreliable under certain conditions ...
What are these certain conditions???

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:27 am What I am talking about , it's presonus own internal midi protocol which is unreliable under certain conditions
Are you talking about your problems with auditioning notes via mouse clicks on the S1 forum? Since nobody else (or even you for that matter) could replicate your results reliably it really sounds like something else is at play. I’ve seen you post this a ton but I don’t think your particular issue reflects badly on S1’s whole internal note engine.

As for the other issues you pointed out there (many were fixed if I recall) they rarely had anything to do with their higher-than-128-step resolution though you keep mentioning that as a cause.

Studio One has more than 100,000 users, I think more than a handful of people would have noticed if their midi engine was super unreliable.

I think in the future they'll continue to improve the external flexibility of their midi engine (not filtering Sysex data, MPE support, not filtering polyphonic aftertouch, better "Channel" support such as omni and flexibility within Multis, etc) but I don't think there's anything massively wrong just because two or three people have a weird issue they can't figure out.

oneway wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:53 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:27 am What I am talking about , it's presonus own internal midi protocol which is unreliable under certain conditions
Are you talking about your problems with auditioning notes via mouse clicks on the S1 forum? Since nobody else (or even you for that matter) could replicate your results reliably it really sounds like something else is at play. I’ve seen you post this a ton but I don’t think your particular issue reflects badly on S1’s whole internal note engine.

As for the other issues you pointed out there (many were fixed if I recall) they rarely had anything to do with their higher-than-128-step resolution though you keep mentioning that as a cause.

Studio One has more than 100,000 users, I think more than a handful of people would have noticed if their midi engine was super unreliable.

I think in the future they'll continue to improve the external flexibility of their midi engine (not filtering Sysex data, MPE support, not filtering polyphonic aftertouch, better "Channel" support such as omni and flexibility within Multis, etc) but I don't think there's anything massively wrong just because two or three people have a weird issue they can't figure out.
Ahum, other users reported the same thing , few years ago .
And what are you talking about couldn't replicate it reliably ?
This major showstopper happened every few months , and I had to wait for a win 10 update for studio one to work again (mind you this only happened in studio one )
Am i sure it's a gui , and keyboard mouse related issue , it's too dependent on minor win 10 updates .
I'm holding wood it won't happen again
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”