Can we get a like button here?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well this is an interesting forum development.... guess it gives some indicator of approval rating.

For me anyway, the most time-consuming thread on this forum is the large Studio One based one you can find here, which has been edited / updated nearly 200 times over the past two years... For every update that comes out of Studio One, it can take between 20 minutes to an hour to update everything from sourcing text, re-formatting text and graphics, updating images, uploading to the cloud, relinking and formatting it for the forum and generally keeping it up to date and presentable as needed. Often I'll update and change things without even mentioning what I've changed on page one of the thread. For statistical reference at least, it would give me some point of reference to gauge from to see if the content is actually working for people that visit the thread.. and whether it's worth my time at all. As with all projects I do here, I do it voluntary as it's something that stimulates the creative activities elsewhere... I really don't know if, and how long I'll continue update the front page Studio One thread... as I think many just assume I will indefinitely...

As they do...on youtube it would help if visitors gave me an indicator on the Studio One thread... as I post this.

Anyway, just being open about my thoughts on this new adaptation to the forums.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

machinesworking wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:39 amI think you're going to learn quickly that, yes, it's a popularity contest.
I'd be very surprised if I noticed. (Dis)like counts is not something I will be paying any attention to, either for my own posts or the posts of others.
Your post has already received 3 dislikes, and who knows if it would have had each dislike been accounted for?
I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't told me and I sure as hell don't give a shit. But if you're suggesting that people might be hesitant to dislike something if their name was attached to it, then that's a good reason NOT to attach names. Allowing people to give an honest opinion is surely a good thing?
The internet is a great place for passive aggressive BS to flourish as well, and anonymity will allow people to "attack"
How is disliking something an "attack"? If they are disagreeing with me, it just shows how stupid they are because, as we all know, I am almost always right.
My bet is you get more than anyone else, and primarily because it's anonymous. I know it won't really bother you, but it's just how I see this whole thing playing out.
So what? I don't see that it makes a difference, one way or the other. That said, I can imagine how hilarious it would be, being a fly on Wagtunes' wall while he looks at his like/dislike counts.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Thumbs up or down... such a petty forum popularity trend we learned to leave behind after preschool. Regardless, I look forward to the thumbs down -- my unique positions are typically unpopular until a later date when they are revealed to be prophetic and spot on.
Have you tried Vital?

BONES wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:11 amI
How is disliking something an "attack"? If they are disagreeing with me, it just shows how stupid they are because, as we all know, I am almost always right.
:lol:
I think a lot of people don't see the humor in a comment like this. That's the problem with the interwebs..

I also think it will eventually be harder for you to be heard, because people are pack animals at heart. Our individuality is our personal strength, but it's not our collective strength, so people will be quicker to ignore those with lots of dislikes. Prepare to be the fat kid in grad school again.
So what? I don't see that it makes a difference, one way or the other. That said, I can imagine how hilarious it would be, being a fly on Wagtunes' wall while he looks at his like/dislike counts.
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: ouch!

In the end of the day it doesn't matter to me, I'm hard headed and expect some feedback from that, but I hate anything that gives rise to popularity contests, and that sort of schoolyard tactic. We are supposed to be better than that, this is a (slightly) smart peoples music forum. I even try to be understanding towards the more socially awkward people here, because they make it interesting on some level. I couldn't make up a personality like wagtunes if I tried, I appreciate the uncanny valley his presence throws me into. :hihi:

Whether I am heard or not doesn't really worry me because, as I said, people aren't interested in learning anything, they only want confirmation of the garbage they already believe. I only persist because, every once in a while, someone (accidentally) has something of value to contribute, something I can use in my own work.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I'm thrilled this has been implemented. I've been a member for close to 17 years now and have watched these forums evolve over the years. Today, you can find 3/4 of a discussion thread focused around the price of a particular piece of software. Toxic posts near-instantly derail good discussions. For people like myself that don't post often, yet would like to send a message, I welcome this opportunity to do so.

BONES wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:56 am Whether I am heard or not doesn't really worry me because, as I said, people aren't interested in learning anything, they only want confirmation of the garbage they already believe.
I think this is absolutely true of everyone ever for all of eternity.
Even the person claiming they have achieved nirvana and claiming no opinions or outside thoughts get in their way is 100% doing this to be "right", whatever that means to them.

I'm not excluding me, you or anyone else from this.
I only persist because, every once in a while, someone (accidentally) has something of value to contribute, something I can use in my own work.
You work with language in a very narcissistic way. This isn't a character assassination it's an observation of the terms you're using here.

You're admitting sometimes you learn from other people, yet it's an accident if you do. OK? As long as you get the humor of anyone taking that position seriously.

Ok, Ive changed my mind about these buttons.
ImageImageImageImage

h2ogun99 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:09 am I'm thrilled this has been implemented. I've been a member for close to 17 years now and have watched these forums evolve over the years. Today, you can find 3/4 of a discussion thread focused around the price of a particular piece of software. Toxic posts near-instantly derail good discussions. For people like myself that don't post often, yet would like to send a message, I welcome this opportunity to do so.
I don't think like buttons will change that. Every forum I've ever been on has a lot of posts that are hot air, someone getting offended because they had a bad day and took an opinion too seriously, personal drama etc.
The internet is filled with (mostly) women in social media begging for attention for their looks, and men arguing on forums about the ins and outs of their hobbies or trades.. and cats. :hihi:

Go read the first couple OP in this thread.
I cant believe this is real.
What are humans.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:00 am What are humans.
That, detective, is the right question. Program terminated.

machinesworking wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:11 amYou're admitting sometimes you learn from other people, yet it's an accident if you do. OK?
The accident would be theirs, as most people seem to be terrified of explaining anything in sufficient detail that someone else might actually be able to take it on board. A lot of that, I'm sure, is a lack of confidence that they are doing anything worth telling others about, yet that doesn't seem to translate to admitting that it might not be the best way and looking to improve themselves or their processes.

WTF? Like buttons on kvr? When you think it can't get worse...

How about forcing people to comment on their choice? No comment no like button. Or better yet, just undo that bs.

Jesus tapdancing christ, what is happening?! I just liked two Bones’ posts :shock:

He gets it and articulates the benefits quite well.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Site Stuff”