Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:26 am
Reefius wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:12 am
izonin wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:16 am I'm not saying it's going to be in direct competition with Avenger or Falcon. But it's really cool that it brings Android app prices to the PC platform.
I think the only reason for the $1 price is because it's 32 bit and Windows only.
Nah, it's the other way round. The dude just wanted to create a nice, affordable synth so he picked an easy and free (but legacy) framework that only supports WIndows 32-bit.
My bet is that this synth collects user data and profits off of that.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:01 pm
izonin wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:16 am I'm not saying it's going to be in direct competition with Avenger or Falcon. But it's really cool that it brings Android app prices to the PC platform.
I think the only reason for the $1 price is because it's 32 bit and Windows only.
Nah, it's the other way round. The dude just wanted to create a nice, affordable synth so he picked an easy and free (but legacy) framework that only supports WIndows 32-bit.
Oh god, another paranoid. What kind of user data could this synth possibly collect? :smack:
If one synth did, why would any other synth you already use do not?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

TheMaestro wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:01 pm My bet is that this synth collects user data and profits off of that.
I'm sure the data of Windows 32-bit VST plugins users is very valuable. :hihi:

TheMaestro wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:01 pm My bet is that this synth collects user data and profits off of that.
No, this plugin will collect music created by its users so Ummet Ozcan can steal thousands of tracks and release every day No. 1 Beatport track. Then he will became giga-multi-billionaire and biggest music legend of whole mankind... :phones: :)

I hope it is possible to buy 10 licenses at a stroke? And perhaps the possibility to give it as a present for a friends birthday for example could be interesting? :D

DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:14 pm
TheMaestro wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:01 pm
Oh god, another paranoid. What kind of user data could this synth possibly collect? :smack:
Because it's in one of the demo videos already.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:14 pm Oh god, another paranoid. What kind of user data could this synth possibly collect? :smack:
From Ummet himself.......
NextGen wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:32 pm The Genesis Pro is only collecting data offline for the end user only.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It collects user-provided MIDI data and transforms it into complex electromagnetic wave forms which it blasts into the user’s brain by exploiting features of the hosting hardware. It’s quite nefarious.

boriskarloff wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:03 pm
No, this plugin will collect music created by its users so Ummet Ozcan can steal thousands of tracks and release every day No. 1 Beatport track. Then he will became giga-multi-billionaire and biggest music legend of whole mankind... :phones: :)
You haven't heard the kinda stuff i'm going to make that might use it, he's not going to make enough for a happy meal off that !
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

TS-12 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:22 pm
LeVzi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:53 am
TS-12 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:02 am Jbridge works fine for bridging 32bit plugins to 64bit.
No, it doesn't. there are some that simply will not bridge. It's not a case of just bridge it and it works.

The good thing is, the ones that will not bridge anymore, are not really essential to me now, i've got 64bit replacements.

But i'd think that this, being a "new" 32bit plugin, should bridge OK, and I am positive that the dev for jbridge will work to get it all working.

Jbridge is the most reliable of bridges, IMO, but I am now trying to avoid using bridged plugin's for stability reasons.
Which ones specificaly , if you remember ?
Is that happening on Mac or PC for you ?

I'm on windows 10, I have some really old VSTi like ethnosphere, NI pro-53, Steinberg virtual guitarists 1 and 2 all J-bridged and working in cubase 10.
Can't think of any VSTi that didn't bridge on my computer,
I can't remember offhand. Out of about 20 plugins, 4 or 5 didn't work, so it's not a disaster. The early dblue 32bits aren't working other than Glitch, which I got working. Some other effects didn't work.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

12 years ago I had to program a database for a social services provider. They had not much money and used still Win XP. So I decided to program this database easily with an old OpenOffice version. Practically everyone online in forums bashed that old OpenOffice system and told it's not stable and not good enough for professional work and outdated. Well, this database is still working fine and never crashed and it's working in Windows 10 without an update, too! So it's not the the system, it's the programmer! :D

Everything about us... dude... even the colour of our underwear...

Mr. Ummet can you list the modules that aren't ported or present in the 64 bit version of SE on your website or here? I bet at least some of them have equivalent code or methodologies somewhere in plain view on the interwebs.

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:16 am
Everything about us... dude... even the colour of our underwear...
ha! i dont wear any!!!

12th March then, for those who are actually bothered
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Return to “Instruments”